Instant bank transfer = red flag? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-12-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Instant bank transfer = red flag?

I confirmed my netspend 'bank account' with paypal today, and I chose to immediately attempt a withdrawal of $200 on an account where I had $400.

Paypal almost instantly emailed me stating that there was a problem with the bank account, and the bank account was detached from my paypal account.

5 minutes after, I got a call from a paypal agent asking what the payments on my account were for. Since I run a stealth account not related to ebay, he asked what kind of goods I was selling. I told him that I was running a local charity, and he further probed me about the charity's intentions, registration, and purpose. I told him I had not registered, but I will soon. He said that they'll have to 'verify' the documents. I'm not limited... yet.

My question is: what made them call me? Am I really supposed to tell them everything about my practices? Doesn't it get to a point where the information I relate constitutes as a trade secret?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Charity flagged you. Instant transfer flagged you.

You will likely be limited soon - hope not unless you = cheat ha but all the best.
Old 10-12-2010
Threadstarter  

I got a call from another supervisor asking for documents validating the charity donations.

Surely enough, I was limited 5 minutes after...

What should I have said? I guess this is a lesson learned.
Old 10-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Nothing you can say - the moment you say charity, you are flagged so unless you were registered, should not have said it.

Charities are big scams these days.
Old 10-12-2010
Threadstarter  

Yeah, I guess I learned that now. Even though all payments were sent as 'gifts', gaypal still froze me and is requesting a myriad of information, including SSN.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I have waited before withdrawing? I guess netspend/metabank really is blacklisted. What should I have said I was selling? Digital goods? I'm sure they would have inquired further.
Old 10-12-2010

Why not set up a blog or something and say you ask for donations to keep it active, you put in the web address for the blog that can be about what ever interests you.

Add a donation link on the blogsite then if you wish to transfer money from one account to another then make a donation.

It is not a charity or a business and apart from the active blog then what more can you do to prove it requires funding?

I have not tried it so i assume someone else will tell you if it has problems.

You could also say you are creating an imaginary open source program and the donations are to back that project.

Again I have never tried it so let someone else tell you if that will work or if it has any problems.
Old 10-12-2010
MU

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramos View Post
I confirmed my netspend 'bank account' with paypal today, and I chose to immediately attempt a withdrawal of $200 on an account where I had $400.

Paypal almost instantly emailed me stating that there was a problem with the bank account, and the bank account was detached from my paypal account.

5 minutes after, I got a call from a paypal agent asking what the payments on my account were for. Since I run a stealth account not related to ebay, he asked what kind of goods I was selling. I told him that I was running a local charity, and he further probed me about the charity's intentions, registration, and purpose. I told him I had not registered, but I will soon. He said that they'll have to 'verify' the documents. I'm not limited... yet.

My question is: what made them call me? Am I really supposed to tell them everything about my practices? Doesn't it get to a point where the information I relate constitutes as a trade secret?
paypal ask for all kinds of info now even your trade secrets. wait till they ask send me a photo of you nude. lol
Old 10-12-2010

Longevity: 88%

Best way to avoid all this:

1. Sell physical, trackable items, even if its just a "thank you" letter in an envelope, you will at least have tracking saying it was delivered.

2. NO GIFTS, NO CHARITIES. These are the worst things you could have said. PP doesn't even like legitimate charity organizations. (google it)

3. NO NETSPEND.

You pretty much did everything possible to make sure your account goes down.

There's nothing you can do now. Just wait the 180 days and start fresh.
Old 10-13-2010
MU

Longevity: 92%

Netspend is fine,only thing the name has to match bank account
Old 10-13-2010
Threadstarter  

I called netspend today, and they told me that paypal has blocked transfers to prepaid cards since 2008, so I won't be able to use it except for direct deposits.
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 80%

Oh boy...as the other knowledgeable posters said, you may as well have told them you were laundering money for "terrorists." The legit charities have to jump through a plethora of hoops beyond anything that regular peons do. Certainly not the way to make life any easier, ESPECIALLY since you aren't a charity and can't produce the documents. I believe that they may not even release what is in there to you after the 180 days unless you produce documents. If they believe that someone is fraudulently using the claim of charity, it may possibly even subject you to other harassments. I know that you aren't operating a fraudulent charity, but the fact that you said it was charitable and cannot produce the documents might qualify the case for additional harassment although I don't know how they deal with their "charity" issues.

You're better off trying to set up a new account. Chalk it up to a lesson learned the hard way. Not fun, but a mistake you won't repeat for sure. Sorry for your troubles.
Old 10-13-2010
Threadstarter  

I got off the phone with an agent recently, and everything is OK now except the SSN requirement. I was able to SE my way through the other requirements, but I'm not sure how to bypass the SSN requirement.

The agent was quite surprised at my being able to establish an account recently without being required to provide my SSN from the start.

I'll have to see how I'll get past this final obstacle...
Old 10-13-2010

Is anyone allowed to look up your SSN number?

I am just wondering how available it is for anyone who asks to check it?
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Your netspend account was removed because your name didn't match when you tried to make a deposit.
Old 10-13-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDK View Post
Your netspend account was removed because your name didn't match when you tried to make a deposit.
It did match. I made sure to go through the necessary steps for the netspend and paypal names to match up .
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

So you are using real info on the account in question?
Old 10-14-2010
Threadstarter  

No, it's a stealth account, but the netspend and PP info match.

I ended up attaching one of my real bank accounts to gain their trust hopefully.

I'll be calling tomorrow to try to circumvent their SSN requirement.
Old 10-14-2010

Longevity: 88%

Quote:

I'll be calling tomorrow to try to circumvent their SSN requirement.
Good luck. YOU WILL NEED ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD, NO... UNIVERSE TO PULL THIS ONE OFF.
Old 10-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Just want to update you all and let you know that my limitation was successfully lifted :D.

Feels good to get past their first limitation.

For those who are curious, I got a friendly female agent when I called them with my real phone. I told her I was skeptical and paranoid about submitting my SSN. She said 'no worries, I understand." After, she suggested that I provide a photo ID to confirm my identity, which I said I can surely do. I got a bit 'creative', and now I'm registered as a non-profit without providing any documents .

All I have to do now is get a stealth bank account and detach the BofA account that I provided.
The Following User Says Thank You to aramos For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (10-22-2010)
Old 10-22-2010

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Just want to update you all and let you know that my limitation was successfully lifted :D.

Feels good to get past their first limitation.

For those who are curious, I got a friendly female agent when I called them with my real phone. I told her I was skeptical and paranoid about submitting my SSN. She said 'no worries, I understand." After, she suggested that I provide a photo ID to confirm my identity, which I said I can surely do. I got a bit 'creative', and now I'm registered as a non-profit without providing any documents .

All I have to do now is get a stealth bank account and detach the BofA account that I provided.

CONGRATULATIONS! You did the impossible for many people!!!
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Oh boy...as the other knowledgeable posters said, you may as well have told them you were laundering money for "terrorists." The legit charities have to jump through a plethora of hoops beyond anything that regular peons do. Certainly not the way to make life any easier, ESPECIALLY since you aren't a charity and can't produce the documents. I believe that they may not even release what is in there to you after the 180 days unless you produce documents. If they believe that someone is fraudulently using the claim of charity, it may possibly even subject you to other harassments. I know that you aren't operating a fraudulent charity, but the fact that you said it was charitable and cannot produce the documents might qualify the case for additional harassment although I don't know how they deal with their "charity" issues.

You're better off trying to set up a new account. Chalk it up to a lesson learned the hard way. Not fun, but a mistake you won't repeat for sure. Sorry for your troubles.

Exactly, and PP is a B#%$ about ANY charity. I actually have SEEN FIRST HAND people raising money from charities for 9/11 way back and HAITI RELIEF and having almost 20k-25k in the PP to have it ALL frozen and not be able to be sent for 180 days!!!