Why was I suspended? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-13-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Why was I suspended?

I'm glad I found this forum. I really need to get back selling on eBay.

I had an account with ebay for about 5 years and got closed down by VERO. This happened about 6 months ago.

I created another account 3 weeks ago and used it to buy a few things which I could do no problem. I then tried to sell using it.

It asked me for a bank account and credit card and I gave them these details. I couldn't remember which card and account I used the last time so they may, or may not, have been the same as the suspended account.

I then used turbolister to list 6 items. I noticed I made a few spelling mistakes in these items so I revised them all a few times. Within a few hours I got the email stating : -

"Your eBay account has been suspended. eBay took this action after determining that your account was acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies.

You are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account."

Does this mean I was closed down for reasons not relating to my previously suspended account?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-13-2007

Longevity: 95%

Probably got burned by the IP address. If not that the connection with the PayPal account, which is an obvious link! Also the revisions are red flags too..
Old 12-13-2007
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 94%

My computer has been formatted since I used the old eBay account so I don't think turbo lister could have connected me.

The items I'm trying to sell now aren't vero items.

If I add another email address to my Paypal account and use that for receiving and sending payments will eBay still be able to connect this?

My Paypal account has never been limited. When I got suspended the first time an old Paypal account I used to use got limited, not the the one I had been using!

Thanks
Old 12-13-2007
Banned

My guess, is that your title description had VERO keywords in it and cause them to take a hard look.
Old 12-14-2007

Longevity: 96%

turbo lister linked you. even if you think you removed old info.
Old 12-14-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keceli View Post
Probably got burned by the IP address. If not that the connection with the PayPal account, which is an obvious link! Also the revisions are red flags too..
yeah the revisions got me booted
Old 12-15-2007

I wonder if its listing too many items within a certain time period---afterall, we are supposed to be BRAND NEW sellers-- I can remember listing for the very first time---anyone else?? I think the pc timed out at least twice... SO, for a brand new seller- thats NEVER been on ebay before--how could one list 5,10,20 items in 3 minutes?? I believe thats my problem ... I forget sometimes.. and in a hurry.. Just a thought..
Old 12-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
I wonder if its listing too many items within a certain time period---afterall, we are supposed to be BRAND NEW sellers-- I can remember listing for the very first time---anyone else?? I think the pc timed out at least twice... SO, for a brand new seller- thats NEVER been on ebay before--how could one list 5,10,20 items in 3 minutes?? I believe thats my problem ... I forget sometimes.. and in a hurry.. Just a thought..
Is that relevant if you are using a friend's account? I mean he wasnt selling anything for years and now all of a sudden he(me) starts selling hundreds of items..is that going to be a problem for eBay?
Old 12-19-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keceli View Post
Is that relevant if you are using a friend's account? I mean he wasnt selling anything for years and now all of a sudden he(me) starts selling hundreds of items..is that going to be a problem for eBay?
DON'T SELL HUNDREDS RIGHT AWAY! I BELIEVE IMJUSTME HAS A GOOD FORMULA OF 3 IN THE AM, 3 IN THE AFTERNOON, AND 3 IN THE EVENING. AND I BELIEVE HE MENTIONED TAKING DAYS OFF IN BETWEEN.
Old 12-19-2007

makes sense..but I remember when I first started selling last year..never had any problems with eb or PP and started really fast..hey not worth risking all the stress I guess..
you know when I think about it since I got kicked out of eBay the last time I am taking time off and actually enjoying my life better.. kids and wife definitely more happy..(still want to get rid of the stock I have in the dn though)
I could also pay my rent and food budget with the income..you know it was just like a second job..
anyway..thanks guys..just feeling a little better tonight after little bowling with friends rather than answering eb emails...
take care