. Paypal dispute help! Buyer very unreasonable - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-28-2010
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default . Paypal dispute help! Buyer very unreasonable

So I sold a cable box on Ebay , now th ecable box had some minor cosmetic damage and was also missing some screws. I made the buyer fully aware in my terms of the auction that by bidding u agree to the cosmetic damage and that you MAY or MAY not be able to get it working with your local cable provider and that this is sold as is.....

Well buyer emailed me said Comcast said it wont work so he wants a refund. I told him hell no, it stated in my auction the terms that it might or might no work... I also advised him that I specially said that it may or may not can be activated with Comcast(provider he tried to activate with).

I also stated the box is operates fully and functions in my auction..

Buyer did a dispute stating the box does NOT fully operates and is not functional..

I escalated the claim and its being reviewed now.. I stated in claim that everything was outline my terms. Buyer is upset because he could not get it activated...

I also have pictures of the box hooked up to my TV with it powered on in my auction and close up pics of the damaged.

The only thing the buyer told Paypal was that the box didnt work and had internal damage which is false. I have emails of him stating Comcast would not let him get it activated which Im uploading to paypal

What will the outcome be especially since I made evrything fully aware in terms
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-28-2010

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
So I sold a cable box on Ebay , now th ecable box had some minor cosmetic damage and was also missing some screws. I made the buyer fully aware in my terms of the auction that by bidding u agree to the cosmetic damage and that you MAY or MAY not be able to get it working with your local cable provider and that this is sold as is.....

Well buyer emailed me said Comcast said it wont work so he wants a refund. I told him hell no, it stated in my auction the terms that it might or might no work... I also advised him that I specially said that it may or may not can be activated with Comcast(provider he tried to activate with).

I also stated the box is operates fully and functions in my auction..

Buyer did a dispute stating the box does NOT fully operates and is not functional..

I escalated the claim and its being reviewed now.. I stated in claim that everything was outline my terms. Buyer is upset because he could not get it activated...

I also have pictures of the box hooked up to my TV with it powered on in my auction and close up pics of the damaged.

The only thing the buyer told Paypal was that the box didnt work and had internal damage which is false. I have emails of him stating Comcast would not let him get it activated which Im uploading to paypal

What will the outcome be especially since I made evrything fully aware in terms
Did he do a dispute with paypal or ebay? if its with ebay i dont know if you will win since ebay has monkeys working there and its 50/50 even if you stated it in the auction. Now if its with paypal you will win since they only handle disputes for items not received, not for not as described items.
Old 09-28-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

You may not like my reply but...
Ouch. Idiot Ebayers out there. If feedback was an issue, I would have refunded immediately and re listed the item. Buyers can claim anything to PP, it's pretty much your word against the buyer. Next time issue refund, get box back, re-list and have money in PP account. (7 days)

Now you may have to wait much longer than seven days along with a negative FB score. Let me know how it goes.
Old 09-28-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default refund

I think that the buyer probably has to sent the item back and upon arrival back to you you have to refund I am afraid so.
Old 09-28-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Nope buyer never sent box back..

Basically his dispute was with Paypal and said it had internal damage and box did not operate fully and was not functional...

Now he made this up because he could not get it activated with Comcast. But I did screen shots of our emails proving that he said it works and Comcast will not activate it and uploaded it to the dispute claim for Paypal to view.

In the emails I reminded him that in my auction it says it may or may not wrok with comcast and dont bid if you dont agree.

I dont sell on ebay full time. i was just selling junk out my house so I can care less about feedback...
Old 09-28-2010

Longevity: 80%

no, paypal DOES have a "significantly not as described" type of claim.

I would try and get the item back from him, and just relist the damn thing. I would also list it as "parts" or "for parts" rather than gizmo that does not work. You will likely get a buyer that "gets it" that way , they will be tinkerers who will expect to fool around with it, rather than a numskull.

eb and pp always incline to bueyr more in these cases when pressed to the wall, but ebay more so. The buyer is ALWAYS right - ya ok !
The Following User Says Thank You to JEM For This Useful Post:
TRIALnERROR (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Yea, but its clear as day the box was not damage and the buyer is upset cause it will not work with his cable provider. With knowing that he shouldnt had bidded on it.
Old 09-28-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
no, paypal DOES have a "significantly not as described" type of claim.

I would try and get the item back from him, and just relist the damn thing. I would also list it as "parts" or "for parts" rather than gizmo that does not work. You will likely get a buyer that "gets it" that way , they will be tinkerers who will expect to fool around with it, rather than a numskull.

eb and pp always incline to bueyr more in these cases when pressed to the wall, but ebay more so. The buyer is ALWAYS right - ya ok !
He is totally right on the money. Agree to refund when you receive the item returned. Unfortunately you may get bad feedback. I would start kissing but ASAP. You have to suck up the pride and give great customer service regardless of idiot Ebayers.
Old 09-28-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Im not agreeing to a refund because they buyer refused to read my auction. Its in paypal hands now..
Old 09-28-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Well good luck friend. Let us know how the cards fall...
Old 09-28-2010

Longevity: 80%

you may be right, but you won't be happy...
The Following User Says Thank You to JEM For This Useful Post:
luna (09-29-2010)
Old 09-29-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
you may be right, but you won't be happy...
EBAY + PRIDE = low scores

EBAY + ASS KISSING = high scores

Business is business, don't take anything personal.
Old 09-29-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

I'll keep this updated. Like I said it was just a low ball seller account that i use just to sell stuff around the house
Old 09-29-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default thats what I said

that is what I meant it is in PP hands
and if he did this claim item significantly not as described as JEM said paypal will ORDER him to sent the item back to you and you WILL have to refund. thats the game I am afraid so. that is PP
Old 09-29-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Well we will see.

Like I said he said it was SNAD because he could not get it activated with comcast, thus it dont work..

I listed in my auction that this item may or may not work with comcast and that its sold as is and by bidding u agree to this, thus dont ask me for a refund if it dont work..LOL

I gave paypal all emails of me and buyer communication to prove he couldn't get it activated with Comcast thus its not really damaged just that he is mad he couldn't get it activated..

I think paypal will side with me..

A SNAD claim has to proven beyond doubt. Like the item has to be really damaged not working beyond doubt

I won SNAD"S all the time and if do send it back to me I'm not accepting it and if I happen to, Im claim he sent me a brick
Old 10-22-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

UPDATE:

Got the email today. Paypal decided in my favor. Case won case closed. Got my money back

Status

After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.

The listing accurately described the item the buyer received.

Last edited by imthatguy; 10-22-2010 at 03:20 AM.