How do i learn about linking a merchant account to my ebay stealth? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 10-24-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default How do i learn about linking a merchant account to my ebay stealth?

I have an eBay Stealth and a stealth paypal account, however i would like more control over my money and my business. Sooo where is the guide that is current (things change on eBay all the time) and up to date that explains how to link a merchant account with my eBay account?

Does this eBay stealth guide that is spammed across the screen every time i click anything (VERY ANNOYING) give details on exactly how to do this? is there a sticky? i did use the search button but it looks like most of the information is from 2008 or 2009, and the game has changed since.

With a merchant account will i still have to use paypal as well?

Thank You.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Well there is OLD and NEW info all about here. Buy the book eBay Stealth first, then just read around and you will find a lot of info that will help you.
Old 10-25-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I can tell you that I use money bookers and was not using paypal and then all of a sudden ebay would not let me list more then 10 things or so a month. I was told that i needed to become paypal verified to sell more but that I did not have to use paypal but just become verified. Well i became paypal verified through stealth account and only used money bookers and not paypal. I was wondering the same thing on how to link a merchant account to a ebay account also since it will more then likely have our real information and stealth info on ebay. I have bought the ebay Stealth Book and amazon and can tell you I did not see anything updated about the merchant account. Hope someone helps with this question.
Old 10-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpme1 View Post
I can tell you that I use money bookers and was not using paypal and then all of a sudden ebay would not let me list more then 10 things or so a month. I was told that i needed to become paypal verified to sell more but that I did not have to use paypal but just become verified. Well i became paypal verified through stealth account and only used money bookers and not paypal. I was wondering the same thing on how to link a merchant account to a ebay account also since it will more then likely have our real information and stealth info on ebay. I have bought the ebay Stealth Book and amazon and can tell you I did not see anything updated about the merchant account. Hope someone helps with this question.
This is what i am talking about. I am not about to purchase a book that does not have the information that i need. If the information on linking a merchant account to a stealth ebay account is 100% definately in the book sure i would buy it. I already know how to create stealth eBay and paypal accounts, that's not my problem.

So can anyone verify that this information is definately in the book?

doesnt money bookers hold your eBay funds for 40 days? this is what i was told when i called them, i laughed at them and said thats worst than paypal. They said after your feedback is over 100 on eBay you can get 25% of your money or some crap like that. it looks like eBay is forcing paypal down your throat.

insert paypal here --->

Last edited by jerseykat1; 10-25-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - whether or not you know everything about eBay and Paypal, it's an interesting read to assist in daily operations...lot of peeps on the forum here can vouch for it.

Sure Moneybookers also holds your funds but does not subject you to limitations and etc. of Paypal. Of course getting people to bite is the problem.

Yes, whether or not you have merchant account, you need to have verified paypal. Does not mean you HAVE to use it but yes people will still opt for it.

I use merchant account to manual invoice but does not ge the clients 100% of the time.

All the best.

And no offense to you but I would liven up your intended tones a bit ha =)
Old 10-27-2010
Threadstarter  

So is the desired information in the eBay stealth guide or no? i have a verified paypal and i am unfortunately using it right now. just wish there was information available about how to link a merchant account to my eBay account painlessly. Is there some secret aka paid forum that explains this info?
Old 12-07-2010

Longevity: 77%
Default manually invoicing

How do you manually invoice with a merchant account when simply to accept credit cards on ebay you have to give them a copy of your merchant statement, and if you do that why would you manually invoice? Or am i missing something. I currently have a 2 merchant accounts. i was able to link one with one of my old pre 2007 ebay accounts, but when i went to set up the other on newer ebay account it wanted a copy of merchant statement.
Old 12-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

To manually invoice the customer, you need to disable Paypal. You will then have emails from customers who cannot pay but want to. Therefore, you will need to explain to them why your paypal is disabled, that you will invoice them, and they can pay from there.

Now, forcing people to pay via credit card is a longstretch since people love their paypal - especially at this time of the year when fra ud runs rampant. Best to have a merchant account that accepts Paypal like authrorize.net or others.