PP Debit Card application denial and a Few Questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-24-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default PP Debit Card application denial and a Few Questions

Hey guys, first off I want to mention I am new to eBay/PayPal (return to eBay after 8 years). Instead of rambling on for multiple paragraphs, I will just list my questions. I must add that all of my info on eBay/PayPal IS identical and legit. Thank you in advance!!

1. I just started a new eBay account on Aug-22-2010 (bought around 3 items and sold about 4 items on the account). Should I think about using multiple eBay/PayPal accounts for selling and buying? I plan on selling 30-70 items per month (sports cards) and only plan on buying 5-10 items per month on eBay. I plan on doing a lot of non-eBay buying/selling.

2. I opened my PayPal account on Aug-25-2010 and after 60 days I applied for the PP Debit Card and was denied, right after the denial they gave me 14 days to provide proof of address, SSN, and ID. I sent them everything they requested. Why was I denied for a PP Debit Card when everything I have is legit? I have done about 100 non-eBay transactions, both receiving and sending money in the past 60 days.

All my information is legit with eBay and PayPal. My ultimate goal is to get professional tips on how I should go about selling and buying with PayPal and eBay with no headaches and a great experience. Again in advance, thanks for any input you may provide.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Um, we're not mindreaders of paypal yet. We do well but we've not found all the secrets.

Just because you are legit does not automatically guarantee you will get the card. It's more than likely paypal do not think you deserve it. The account has not been going long enough for them to possibily feel happy about you. If anything I'd not expect you to get the card for at least 6 months or longer.

This return to ebay after an 8 year absence may be a factor. Had you been suspended under your legit info? Suggest you phone them to discuss this. In most cases you can apply again. At the least attempt to get some info if you can
Old 10-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Um, we're not mindreaders of paypal yet. We do well but we've not found all the secrets.

Just because you are legit does not automatically guarantee you will get the card. It's more than likely paypal do not think you deserve it. The account has not been going long enough for them to possibily feel happy about you. If anything I'd not expect you to get the card for at least 6 months or longer.

This return to ebay after an 8 year absence may be a factor. Had you been suspended under your legit info? Suggest you phone them to discuss this. In most cases you can apply again. At the least attempt to get some info if you can
Alright, I am not TOO worried about the PP Debit Card but it would make life a bit easier... My eBay acct. from 2002 was good but had nearly no use and I do not remember any of the info to retrieve it, and a few years ago I had a paypal in my name that went to collections after a $400 sale I made off eBay went bad after the buyer claimed he never received the item and I had no proof of shipping, long story short I never paid it back. All of my recent accounts are in my wifes name. All of my sales and purchases are 100% legit, so their is no problem in my opinion of using my wifes information with her consent, to make small time sales and purchases. She never had an eBay/PayPal account in her life.

Should I be using multiple accounts? I need to bring as much traffic to my items as possible on eBay, and use PayPal on and off eBay with no headaches.
Old 10-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Multiple stealth accounts is always the answer to keep traffic trickling in.

Quote: had a paypal in my name that went to collections after a $400 sale I made off eBay went bad after the buyer claimed he never received the item and I had no proof of shipping, long story short I never paid it back...

Even if your paypal is in your wife's name, is it still the same address?
Old 10-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrondo9 View Post

Why was I denied for a PP Debit Card when everything I have is legit?
As with everything PayPal related, it gets abused. The card is great as you can literally withdraw funds seconds after they land. Cash in hand. However its risky as hell for PayPal for the same reason. Way too easy to clean out a ton of cash in a short time frame and disappear.

Any time something gets abused a little it hurts everyone else. And I don't think much of anything with PayPal doesn't get molested by scammers daily....