Ordered from China really didn't know they were counterfeit... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 10-26-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Ordered from China really didn't know they were counterfeit...

I recently lost my job and thought I would give selling on ebay a try. I looked at the most searched for items. P90X was among them. So I went on a search to find wholesale P90X. Came across a site from China selling at unbelievable prices. I bought P90X, Rosetta Stone, etc... At the time I really had no idea that they might be counterfeit.

So I received some of the packages from China, others were confiscated by customs....I'll add details at the end to see if anyone can help me with that one. The items I received I posted to ebay. Long story short all of my auctions were discontinued and my paypal account they were holding the funds for the two that went through. Ebay sent messages out to the bidders that the auction was pulled for vero. One bidder actually was allowed to leave negative feedback without ever making a payment.

I don't want to hear how I shouldn't be selling counterfeit items. This was not my intention to start with but I have a lot of stock and no job so I need to get rid of them.

How do you do this? I even tried posting on IOffer and my posts were removed. IOffer is known for ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but my posting was removed...what am I doing wrong?

I know some of the mistakes I made on ebay:

I used a stock photo for the picture, I think it is much better if you take it yourself.

I posted some of them as new, but even the ones I posted as used were taken down.

I posted too many, too fast.

Any helpful advise would be appreciated.

As for the customs problem...Do you think I will be refunded for never receiving the items or will I just eat it?

Am I going to get a knock at my door in the middle of the night?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

P90X and Rosetta Stone are amongst the most protected brands out there. The owners are constantly removing listings, and their law firms are suing sellers of counterfiets on a regular basis.

If you paid for these by credit card, request a refund due to them being counterfiet. If they refuse, charge it back.

There is no easy way to sell these things. And selling counterfiets is becoming more and more dangerous. They are really cracking down on this.

And, NO, if there is going to be a knock on the door, it will probably not happen in the middle of the night. This isn't Nazi Germany. The knock will come during normal hours. Whether or not that will happen, who can say?

And the purpose of the forum is to help people get back on eBay. Not to provide a how-to manual for selling counterfeits.
Old 10-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Jeffweico brought up your best bet - push for a return or do the chargeback if you seriously are in dire straits.

I have no personal knowledge I can impart on selling these things and I highly doubt you will receive much info since whoever is successful is unlikely to write it down but I do wish you the best.
Old 10-27-2010

Longevity: 86%

I was nieve to the counterfiets as well....so I feel you on that one.....never actually saw a counterfiet until I FIRST started buying on ebay. I would buy things from China all the time off ebay thinking I was getting a deal, but really I was getting ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and didnt know it. Does china even have legitimate goods???? Anyhow....what you should do is fight the charge for receiving ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods and throw the items away. Trying to sell them will just open the door to potential legal problems. Good Luck!
Old 10-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolb View Post

at unbelievable prices
Lesson learned there. I cam close a few times getting hooked on what was too good to be true. Well, you know the saying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post

If you paid for these by credit card, request a refund due to them being counterfiet. If they refuse, charge it back. .
Do that. Get your money back and get out. These vendors take this crap way too serious and it will lead to a nightmare down the road. Just get your money back and walk away
Old 11-10-2010

Longevity: 85%

I recently tried to perform a chargeback on an item that was not described. It was a computer that I had bought from a website, not on ebay. I used my prepaid netspend debit card, so I'm not sure if I will get my refund. So depending on the method of payment that you used, you may not be able to charge it back.
Old 11-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Debit card is like paying with cash so that's somewhat rough but all the best - hope it resolves well for you. Credit card is paying with company's money so it's much better for you in terms of protection.
Old 11-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Like rsot said, prepaids and virtual cards are not usually able to perform chargbacks. Some cards can receive credits, but that credit needs to be sent from the other end.