Notification of provisional Credit Case ID# - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Notification of provisional Credit Case ID#

Hey everyone I just wanted to get some of your thoughts on this email that I got today. For once I can honestly say I am happy with something that PayPal has done to my account !

Hello (Name associated with my PayPal account)

Thanks for the information you provided on this chargeback. As always, PayPal will help you dispute unwarranted chargebacks, so we've contacted the buyer's card issuer and opened a dispute on your behalf.

Usually, when a buyer files a chargeback and the card issuer reverses the charge, we temporarily hold the funds until the issue is resolved. However, because of your low dispute rate and consistent sales volume, we're allowing you access to the funds while we investigate the chargeback. We want to extend this courtesy to our valued customers, because we know how inconvenient it can be to have your funds held.

Please note: This benefit may not be available for future claims.

If the card issuer decides the case in your favor, the funds will remain in your account. If the card issuer decides in the buyer's favor, an amount equal to the disputed transaction will be removed from your account. In accordance with the PayPal User Agreement, a chargeback fee may also be assessed.

Be aware that it can take up to 75 days for PayPal to know the outcome of the case. We'll notify you if the case is decided in the buyer's favor.

I guess I must have done something right to be blessed with this email =)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

That was indeed nice of them, but may be a short lived gesture since its rare that a creditor decides against the buyer, so most likely the buyer will get his money back if its up to the credit card company. But still a very nice gesture indeed.
Old 11-14-2010

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy1943560 View Post
Usually, when a buyer files a chargeback and the card issuer reverses the charge, we temporarily hold the funds until the issue is resolved. However, because of your low dispute rate and consistent sales volume, we're allowing you access to the funds while we investigate the chargeback. We want to extend this courtesy to our valued customers, because we know how inconvenient it can be to have your funds held.
That blew my mind.

I hate CC charge backs... I've lost over $100 this year on them.
Old 11-16-2010

wow paypal giving you funds in dispute....the world is spinning still right?

i'd almost question them ever doing anything nice to me...but just be ready you will lose the funds
Old 11-16-2010
Threadstarter  

They did it again just tonight and this charge back was for a big amount of more then $700 but less then $1000 I am being rather vague on purpose as you never know who is looking at these open forums. However I know there is a chance that I can still have the money taken away from me again if the buyers credit card company decides in the buyers favor. However I have a hard time believing that PayPal would let me have access to the disputed funds if they did not think they stood a pretty good chance of successfully fighting the Charge back.

Granted this is on a legitimate account, all the information is legit and they do have my social security number but I am not some huge corporation I just have a mid-sized eBay business .

I will keep everyone updated on an new developments.
Old 11-16-2010

Longevity: 78%

How much do you leave in your paypal account or how quick are you going to be back in the black if they put you in the red?
Old 11-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Honestly I usually take just about all of it out. I may leave a little in there like say $50 but for the most part I remove it as soon as it comes in. It is rare that it goes into the negative but when it does I do make a point to add funds ASAP usually within 24 hours of it going into the red.
I think part of it is that I have gone through all the verification processes including handing over my social security number they check my credit report just about every month on the 15th of the month as I always see an inquiry from PayPal when I check my credit score using my subscription to Freecreditreport.com

Furthermore I think the fact that the account has been opened since 2002 so it is 8 years old. I suspect this has something to do with it as well!
But they have extended this courtesy to me for every chargeback that I have faced this year. To date there have been four of them. One was automatically found in my favor thanks to PayPal seller protection and the others where clear cases attempted buyer fraud ex saying the item was not as described but yet not returning the item to me or even bothering to contact me saying there was an issue.
Old 11-16-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by original View Post
That blew my mind.

I hate CC charge backs... I've lost over $100 this year on them.
That all?!?!?! Whats your secret? haha...