Is This Safe?!? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-24-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to Superdude
Wink Is This Safe?!?

Hey guy's i need help with something very soon.

I will soon be making a big purchase of winter stock in the next week or so.

However i am a few buck short of the full amount i have to pay in my Paypal.

I have a pre-paid credit card added to my paypal that i got from the shop down the road.

However i need to pay for this order with my Paypal Balance and not from my pre-paid credit card(don't ask me why).

So i am wondering would it be safe to buy my friend(who is also on Paypal) one of these pre-paid credit cards and get him so send whatever funds is on the pre-paid credit card to my Paypal so the amount would end up in my Paypal balance and i could make my purchase of winter stock?

I am not sure however, as I use a card(that is in my name) to buy the pre-paid credit card slips so I think the pre-paid credit cards would also be in my name and if Paypal saw that my friend was making a payment to me with a credit card(not in his name) they would shut his account down straight away.

Basically what i want to know is would Paypal check the name on the card when he adds it to his account?

His account is very important and has been set up for years so it would be a great loss to him if it was shut down over this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S i am using 3V credit as my Pre-paid credit card
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If you are really worried about your friends account, I would add a Bank Account to the Paypal and then Make a Cash Deposite and then Fund the Paypal Account
Old 11-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Sorry slapped but thats not really an option.All i am really wondering is will they check for matching names when he sends the money from the pre-paid credit card similar to what they do when you make a deposit to your bank account.
Old 11-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

You dealing drugs or something? You sound very shady. but that's just my opinion...
Old 11-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Haha no unfortunately not.The reason i cant send money from my bank account if your wondering is because i have a limited bank account since it is a student account and so does my friend so basically we cant send money to our paypals unless we update the account which will take a lot of time.
Old 11-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Cant you pay from balance and card? I haven't done it in awhile but you can pay most from PP balance and remaining small amount from card, no?

So instead of giving card to buddy just add it to account. Or maybe I'm missing something.
Old 11-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Cant you pay from balance and card? I haven't done it in awhile but you can pay most from PP balance and remaining small amount from card, no?

So instead of giving card to buddy just add it to account. Or maybe I'm missing something.
Yes your right you can pay with paypal and card but it is a relatively new paypal(about a month old) and aren't we told not to empty our paypal accounts fully?

If i payed with my Paypal balance and with a CC it would be fine but then it would empty my Balance and would that not raise a flag?Or is it just when sending to your bank account that your not supposed to empty your account and not when purchasing and sending to another Paypal?
Old 11-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Ya, you dont really want to empty a new account. I'm not sure what I would do here to be honest. If the account is replaceable I might take a shot. If account is very important I might not. If account is only a month old, is it maybe worth the risk? You could make more?
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
Superdude (11-24-2010)
Old 11-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Ya, you dont really want to empty a new account. I'm not sure what I would do here to be honest. If the account is replaceable I might take a shot. If account is very important I might not. If account is only a month old, is it maybe worth the risk? You could make more?
Hmmm well if i were to sacrifice the account and send all the funds i have to the supplier would the transaction definitely go through or could they limit my account and grab the funds back?I wouldn't mind sacrificing the account as long as the money was in the suppliers account and i was sent the goods i payed for!
Old 11-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

They could limit the account when you send it. But if the payment goes through first they wont reverse it as far as I know

Its a crappy place to be. If they limit you when you send it and dont send it, that money is locked up. But if they send it and limit you after not that big a deal

There is no real fool proof way to do this. Its PayPal... They can and will do anything at anytime
Superdude (11-24-2010)
Old 11-24-2010
Threadstarter  

I see..so would you recommend i remove my bank account from the paypal and then send the money so that i can then re-add my b/a to another paypal if this one is limited?
Old 11-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

You cant remove a bank and use it anywhere else. They keep all info forever

There is no foolproof way to do this and guarantee it works. You just need to try
Only decision is can you work with a limit if one happens. There is a risk with every PP transaction. So you just need to deal with best case/worst case
Superdude (11-24-2010)
Old 11-24-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

If he were dealing drugs, he would have money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy2010 View Post
You dealing drugs or something? You sound very shady. but that's just my opinion...
Old 11-26-2010

Longevity: 79%

go hard,send as much money as you need and ditch the account.As long as its a stealth and your using it to get goods for another stealth.Its a worthy sacrifice imo