Paypal Account Limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 11-23-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Paypal Account Limited

Australian Account Paypal has been Limited.

Can anyone give me advice on what to do ?

I saved up few thosand in paypal only to have my account limited after I tried to withdraw it. (Yeah, #%# standard paypal style)

Anyway... I recieved an email asking for supplier details, invoice and proof of postage. All emailed through showing supplier details, registered post tracking numbers ( not to mention positive feedbacks for items) and photos to show proof of inventory.

I do all this, then they email me saying :

In short...

We have revieved the information you sent us.. and your feedback histry has resulted in your account closure ( My feedback is 100% positive)

The decision is final and now your funds will be held for a period of 180 days in case of complaints or chargebacks.. etc..

As a result of this action, your account will remain suspended indefinitely. Further communication will not result in reinstatement of your account.

Darren
Paypal..

Now.. Obviously I cant do anything right ? This is so fuc%%% ing bull****. Do I have any legal ground here. PleASE HELP. THEY DO NOT EVEN GIVE ME AN DECENT REASON. I only left the money in there since I thought it would be safe, like a savings, etc..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop View Post
your feedback histry has resulted in your account closure ( My feedback is 100% positive)
Maybe low DSR? Its not the best system in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop View Post
Do I have any legal ground here
I'm afraid zero. They have the final say and what they are doing sucks, but its not illegal

Was the stuff you were selling legit?
Is the info stealth?

You can try and get help with someone there if everything is on the up and up, but they dont bend when they throw you to the curb I'm afraid
Old 11-24-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG

money is never safe in paypal dont ever think that

i was thinking low star rating or any disputes going
Old 11-29-2010

Longevity: 77%

I had the same issue this morning.My DSR is 4.8 and all positive feedback.What do I do now.
Old 11-30-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 78%

Very good questions. I would veyr much like to know answers to these as well.

Though I havne't been asked for supplier info and what not yet, I am only counting the days till I do.

Also, when you got indefinitely suspended from ebay/paypal, does anyone know if they send those ghastly emails to your buyers saying you've been suspended and asking them if they would like to claim their money back and all that jazz? The reason I ask is very recently on a stealth a/c, a buyer bought a BIN item from me, paid instantly, and also filed a 'item not received' paypal dispute immediately after. When i approached her about it, she said it was because she received an email form ebay loss prevention dept saying I am a suss seller and if she's already paid for the item, should do eveyrthign in her power to get it back ASAP. Everythign worked out in the end and she left me a pos fb. But one does wonder what might have triggered that?

Also, has anyone noticed something, everytime I have any communication with ebay/paypal trust and safety, it has always been signed 'Danica' at the bottom. Would ebay/paypal Oz have any a handful of employees to look after these matters, or was it pure coincidence that the person who checks my docs for verification always turns out to be the same Danica chick?
Old 11-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

1. Coincidence - Danica is prob the main person assigned to your sector of accounts.

2. When you get suspended, it's an auto-notification to your buyers - nothing can stop that - sucks =(

3. When you account is closed, that's it, that's all. Don't bother wasting your time on legal action or fighting it out. Try one phone call - that's it. Might work but 99% of the time, you just wait 180 days. In the meantime, get active, get stealth and wait.

Last edited by rsot; 11-30-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
down (12-01-2010)
Old 12-01-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 78%

Thanks for the reply rsot, very helpful.

One thing that did bump me then and still does is the fact that the a/c from which that automated email got sent is yet to be suspended or anything. Apparently she was the only one who got that email as no other customers had any problems. And I obviously did not go around aksing in they received any email. But I am 99% sure they would not have. And the a/c is still up and running, no nasty emails from ebay or anythign at all. I have stopped using the a/c ever since though. Seems like it's not under the radar anymore. May go back to usng it after 3-4 months maybe(?)

Has anyone heard soemthing similar?
Old 12-01-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

To tell you the truth...talked to a rep who said she NEVER saw an Indefinite Suspension come back to life after the 1 YR wait.

In any case...wait the 180, buy the book, read it, get back on!
Old 12-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Maybe - that's a rough word.

While your account might not be suspended now, "trust" eB to have it flagged and ready to shut down so I would not waste any time, money, or labour into this account.

Sure 3-4 months down try something - maybe even a month later but don't expect much.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
down (12-13-2010)
Old 12-10-2010

"
In any case...wait the 180, buy the book, read it, get back on!"

Hi everyone, i am newbie here, just bought the book and read once. i am sorry if i write the forum wrongly. Recently paypal just limited my account. Got around aud 800 sitting around there. Already give all the details still waiting for the result.

I am just wondering so if i wait for 180 days will they give me back the money? and i can transfer it to my bank account?

Thanks for your help.

Love this forum. Should have searched for it before i started the ebay things

Old 12-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdarwan View Post
I am just wondering so if i wait for 180 days will they give me back the money? and i can transfer it to my bank account?_
Yes. They only hold the money to cover any chargebacks and claims you may get. When the 180 days is up the money is all yours
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
rdarwan (12-10-2010)
Old 12-20-2010

Hi,
Quote:
when you got indefinitely suspended from ebay/paypal, does anyone know if they send those ghastly emails to your buyers
When my original account got banned,they sent an email to every one of my customers!

I had to run around sorting everything out before I had to many claims against me. I am still waiting on one more person to close their dispute. Then ADIOS I'm going stealth

Quote:
Coincidence - Danica is prob the main person assigned to your sector of accounts.
I agree, this is probably coincidence.

I have just bought the book and I will never open a non stealth account again! Down with eBay!