BEWARE of Gift2go Visa Gift cards! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 10-06-2008
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default BEWARE of Gift2go Visa Gift cards!

Just recently I had 2 of these cards frozen by this company. Now you're probably asking why would a company that sells gift cards freeze money like they were paypal. Who the fcuk knows. The point is they did it and that alone is enough to warrant against purchasing gift2go cards and to be extremely wary of others out there. When I called them up they said I had to send in documents to verify the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address I put on the cards. I was in shock and awe. This is just plain immoral. Why should I have to submit any documents of any kind on a gift card?? Gift card purchases are probably as legitimate as they come. Since everyone on here uses gift cards I would like to know your thoughts on this. Should gift card companies be allowed to do this without reason or explaination which I never got over the phone?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-06-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I had that problem before, but it wasn't with Gift2Go.

I simply bought too many cards from one company and they got suspicious. I guess 20 cards is too much.

Oh well, there are plenty of other companies to buy from.
Old 10-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imfukd View Post
Just recently I had 2 of these cards frozen by this company. Now you're probably asking why would a company that sells gift cards freeze money like they were paypal. Who the fcuk knows. The point is they did it and that alone is enough to warrant against purchasing gift2go cards and to be extremely wary of others out there. When I called them up they said I had to send in documents to verify the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address I put on the cards. I was in shock and awe. This is just plain immoral. Why should I have to submit any documents of any kind on a gift card?? Gift card purchases are probably as legitimate as they come. Since everyone on here uses gift cards I would like to know your thoughts on this. Should gift card companies be allowed to do this without reason or explaination which I never got over the phone?
How many did you buy?
How did you pay for them?

I have had ZERO problems with these cards. They work like a charm for me.
I usually buy about 4-5 at a time and load them with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Information.
Then in a few weeks I will go and buy 4-5 more.
I have NEVER had any issue what so ever from them.
I will continue to use these cards until I am burned, but I have not been yet.
Old 10-06-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
How many did you buy?
How did you pay for them?

I have had ZERO problems with these cards. They work like a charm for me.
I usually buy about 4-5 at a time and load them with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Information.
Then in a few weeks I will go and buy 4-5 more.
I have NEVER had any issue what so ever from them.
I will continue to use these cards until I am burned, but I have not been yet.

I bought one card a couple of months ago and entered in the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info. Then I bought one a week ago and used the exact same info on that one. Both were frozen as a result almost immediately. I'm not sure what it was that triggered it. I guess I will have to call them up and ask to speak to someone in charge to get a real answer. But regardless of the reason it's still immoral because there can be no justification for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I had that problem before, but it wasn't with Gift2Go.

I simply bought too many cards from one company and they got suspicious. I guess 20 cards is too much.

Oh well, there are plenty of other companies to buy from.
Are you telling me you lost all the money on those 20 cards? What was the name of the card company?
Old 10-06-2008

Longevity: 95%

besdies that how could they know u bought 5 cards unless u paid by credit card cause if u bought them with cash theres no way they can know unless u register with same info every time.
Old 10-06-2008

How do you buy these cards ? lol.. Im kinda lost, been reading and reading but it's a bit much so far because im not that patient, im working on it!

Recipient Information
Do you add the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ informations here? When you order right away...
Old 10-07-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imfukd View Post

Are you telling me you lost all the money on those 20 cards? What was the name of the card company?
I lost most of the money on those cards, they only sent me refunds on about half the cards. I think it was an Ace Prepaid Debit card. They work for most people but just don't buy too many at a time, they don't like that.
Old 10-07-2008

Default Gift2Go cards

I hope that this doesn't happen to me. I bought a Gift2Go card and used it to buy a Simon.com card coming from the name of the Gift2Go card and going to a new made up name for another eBay/PAYPAL account. I also ordered two new Gift2Go cards today using different names but purchased from me and sent to me. I figured that the worst that could happen is that I would not be able to use them to open up new accounts - but that I would have to use them at the grocery store or somewhere else. It never occurred to me that they would keep the money and not allow me to use it. Is this legal?
Old 10-07-2008

Default Gift2Go cards

I just looked up the confirmation emails that I got from
Gift2Go today and it was like I thought. I used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information for the recipients name and my real information as the purchaser. I also requested that the cards be sent to the purchaser - which is an option. Why would this raise a red flag? I am just buying some gift cards for friends and family instead of giving them cash. If they want ID - I can send them all they want from me as the purchaser. They have no right to the recipients info. Or do they?
Old 10-07-2008

o u guys buy them online from there site. I just get them at walgreens theres no way they can limt u to how many u buy then.
Old 10-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^^
BINGO
Just go to Walgreens and get them off the shelf.
Register the information you want on the cards and go on with life.
You guys are making this WAY to hard.
Old 10-07-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

I only buy gift cards in the store and I pay for them with real paper money. This is why there should be absolutely no reason for them to freeze your card.
Old 10-09-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Update: I just tried 2 more gift2go cards I had lying around, one with registered info and one without. The one without registered info on it was frozen, the other worked. It only had like 2+ dollars remaining so I can at least be thankful for that. I got some more older cards I haven't checked yet. Who knows how many of them still work!
Old 10-09-2008

i use my gift2go cards to buy more gift2go cards so they wouldnt even have time to freeze any mine :D

But i never had that problem and if they should ever freeze them i would be calling them up and b***hing them out cause thats your money and they have no rights for what every reason to freeze your money.
Old 10-10-2008

HI:
I still use gift2go from Walgreens.
Ive only purchased 2-3/time of these if this helps.
The ones at the Mall consumer services dept- onegreatgiftcard.
they are $20 + $2 fee, I buy them 20 at a time--no problems to date..
Good Luck
Old 10-12-2008

Longevity: 98%

I went to Walgreens once and had a nasty cashier say they only take paper cash for these cards. I used to live where there's 5 Walgreens in a 5 mile radius and now I live where there's 1 in a 20 mile radius so I'd have to drive a long way to go to a different Walgreens. Well Safeway gives me no trouble for their cards.
Old 10-13-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Well this doesn't have anything to do with where you buy the cards but who issues them. Bottomline is you cannot rely on gift2go. Not only have they locked me out of a card I registered because they couldn't verify my info was real but I also have an unregistered card that had the same thing happen to it for no reason at all and I'm not sure how many more have the same problem. Looks like IDT is into the extortion game like paypal except locking someone out of a gift card is probably the scummiest thing you can do since the legitimacy of these things can't be argued against so they find other "reasons" to keep the money instead.
Old 10-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

I use these gift2go cards EVERYDAY and have had no problem.
Just because 1 or 2 people are having a issue does not that these cards are no good.
That is just my point of view & my personal experience.
Old 11-29-2010

Longevity: 77%
Default Gift2go

we have used gift 2 go cards in the past and never had any problems - what state are you in?
Old 11-29-2010

Only problems i ever had is the damn cahsiers and mangers I use cards to by cards and one walgreens had a corp meeting instructing all walgreens not to sell giftcards to people who pay useing giftcards. So i got 3 walgreens around me one of them wont even sell them to me unless its cash the other will only accept cash or debit no credit but theres some who will sell to me others that wont. As long as the fat manger isnt involved. and a 3rd walgreens i had run in with manger ? me like if i was under federal integration ask for id and what not a bunch of bs but after that i had no problems with the walgreens but i feel like a bank robber now when i have to shop there when the manger is on floor.
Old 11-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
Only problems i ever had is the damn cahsiers and mangers I use cards to by cards and one walgreens had a corp meeting instructing all walgreens not to sell giftcards to people who pay useing giftcards. So i got 3 walgreens around me one of them wont even sell them to me unless its cash the other will only accept cash or debit no credit but theres some who will sell to me others that wont. As long as the fat manger isnt involved. and a 3rd walgreens i had run in with manger ? me like if i was under federal integration ask for id and what not a bunch of bs but after that i had no problems with the walgreens but i feel like a bank robber now when i have to shop there when the manger is on floor.
lmao thats hilarious
Old 11-30-2010

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
They get a lot of fraud on prepaid cards and such - people trying to load with stolen credit cards to hide the money trail and cash out, hence the suspicion and cash only policy.