Paypal and Google Checkout CAN take to take money out of your bank account- reversals - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-30-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Paypal and Google Checkout CAN take to take money out of your bank account- reversals

I just wanted to ask if this was true, This happened to a friend. She had a chargeback on paypal. paypal account went into neg. Paypal tried to get the money out of her bank account. Her bank account did not have the funds. So paypal tried six times to get the money each time giving my girlfriend a $30 fee for insufficient funds. Because her account was limited she couldn't take the account off her paypal.

Can they do that? Just keep trying over and over to get there money through the bank account? I would think a bank would put an end to that.

I know a store can only put a check through twice?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-30-2007
Banned

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by siashay View Post
I just wanted to ask if this was true, This happened to a friend. She had a chargeback on paypal. paypal account went into neg. Paypal tried to get the money out of her bank account. Her bank account did not have the funds. So paypal tried six times to get the money each time giving my girlfriend a $30 fee for insufficient funds. Because her account was limited she couldn't take the account off her paypal.

Can they do that? Just keep trying over and over to get there money through the bank account? I would think a bank would put an end to that.

If you do use a real bank account to verify you should close it down soon after. There are many other ways to get your money out. Their ATM debit card, have them mail you a check, send money to your legit paypal account, buy items off ebay with the "⊗⊗⊗⊗" paypal account and resell them through your legit paypal.
Old 12-30-2007
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

haha.. If it's some buyer wanting a refund, they will only bother to pull from whatever is left in the seller's Paypal account. After that it's tough luck for the buyer.

But when PAYPAL thinks you owe them, suddenly they will go to any lengths to get the cash! That's kind of funny..
Old 12-30-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

She will now probably get hit with insane bank fees too for not having the balance in her account. A friend of mine in the US had the same thing and the bank charged him $30 for each time PayPal failed to withdraw.
Old 12-30-2007

also depends on the bank, i had paypal withdraw money from my bank accidentally when it shouldve taken it out of my credit card, and my balance went to a negative. i called up my bank, the dude reversed charges, took off the nsf fee of like 15$ AND placed a ban on paypal taking money out of my bank the ban cost me like 10$ though. but everyone should do it, you tell them the name of the person/business who you never want to take money out of your bank and they lock your money from them. this way when you use virtual credit cards, paypal is f-ed if they try to screw you. especially if you use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info !
Old 12-30-2007

Here;s alittle trick-- Use your kids bank accts- (savings accts)- IN trust for accts, then when you get the shaft-- its EASY to charge back ole paypal-- the kids NEVER authorized the funds withdrawls... The Adult must fill out the forms--BUT paypal eats it all--every last deduction...
Old 01-02-2008

I learned the hard way - some time ago, I had about $1200 in bank fees from Paypal hitting my account everyday with about 10 different charges - account was limited so I could not change bank info, so finally I asked my bank to just block anything from Paypal.
Old 01-03-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

NO, Paypal doesnt take money out of your bank account. If they do, start shopping for a new car and house.

They only way they will do that is if you have an agreement set up with Ebay to pay fees from paypal account or you try to refund a buyer with no money in your account
Old 01-03-2008

Longevity: 98%

Has anyone here tried telling their bank the charges were unauthorized and to get refunded that way and push chargeback charges onto paypal?
Old 01-03-2008

Well, if you are using a Paypal account that is not really you, and then you ask Paypal to charge your bank account, and then you tell your bank oh, that was not me, that is bank fraud and your bank can file criminal charges against you and you will be in a world of mess. Don't ask them to investigate - just bite the bullet and move on.

As for Paypal taking money out of my account, I had my debit card set to auto-draft my account, and a bunch of charges automatically went through my debit card and that was why they kept hitting my bank every day, every other day - what a mess that was ...
Old 01-17-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by siashay View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk View Post
I learned the hard way - some time ago, I had about $1200 in bank fees from Paypal hitting my account everyday with about 10 different charges - account was limited so I could not change bank info, so finally I asked my bank to just block anything from Paypal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
NO, Paypal doesnt take money out of your bank account. If they do, start shopping for a new car and house.

They only way they will do that is if you have an agreement set up with Ebay to pay fees from paypal account or you try to refund a buyer with no money in your account

Who above tells the truth? Chris Hanson claims very strongly that paypal does not take from your bank account.
Old 01-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

EXACTLY what IVGOTINFO said……

My story is a little different but we both got the same results…….

I had no money in my legitimate paypal account so they (eBay AND PayPal) both kept trying to withdraw money from my checking, at the time I was so broke I didn’t have money in my checking account and I was in the negative so each time Paypal/ePay kept trying to take the money it, I kept getting slammed with $24 NSF fees. Trust me, ePay and PayPal tried NUMEROUS times to withdraw the funds with no luck because as I said before, I literally had no money to give.

One more thing, before my account became limited, eBay did something to my account preventing me from deleting my checking account from my eBay id, I was pissed!

I sorted it out with my bank because I was with them for so long, had them reverse the charges and then filled out a form with my bank placing a ban on both PayPal and eBay from taking money out of my checking account the ban cost me like 10$ too.

And yes, everyone should do it!

The NSF fees soon stopped and in a sense, I BANNED EPay and PayPal from taking my money…….wooohooo! Did it feel good!
Old 01-17-2008

I called my bank and they charge $33 for each paypal and ebay...I am not sure if I will do this or not.
Old 01-17-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa B View Post
EXACTLY what IVGOTINFO said……

My story is a little different but we both got the same results…….

I had no money in my legitimate paypal account so they (eBay AND PayPal) both kept trying to withdraw money from my checking, at the time I was so broke I didn’t have money in my checking account and I was in the negative so each time Paypal/ePay kept trying to take the money it, I kept getting slammed with $24 NSF fees. Trust me, ePay and PayPal tried NUMEROUS times to withdraw the funds with no luck because as I said before, I literally had no money to give.

One more thing, before my account became limited, eBay did something to my account preventing me from deleting my checking account from my eBay id, I was pissed!

I sorted it out with my bank because I was with them for so long, had them reverse the charges and then filled out a form with my bank placing a ban on both PayPal and eBay from taking money out of my checking account the ban cost me like 10$ too.

And yes, everyone should do it!

The NSF fees soon stopped and in a sense, I BANNED EPay and PayPal from taking my money…….wooohooo! Did it feel good!

And Chris Hanson totally denies this still happens.
Old 01-19-2008

It depends - in my case, I had a debit card and I set the debit card in my preferences to use my bank account as a back up source, so in a sense, they had an open door into my account. There are a lot of variables as to when they can go into your account and there are some situations when they can't.
Old 01-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

It does happen, let me assure you.

That was back in sept-Oct when all this mess went down.

That's why ePay and PayFools demand as much of your financial information (bankaccounts, credit cards, etc.) upfront so they can have as many back up funding sources on you in case something goes wrong.

I know I pissed them (eBay/PayPal) off when they kept trying to charge my visa debit only to have it declined by the bank and when they kept trying to dip into my checking account but i had no funds in there so there was no money to be had and that's when I said ENOUGH! and decided to fill out that form with my bank BLOCKING them both upfront. Shoot, they can't touch my checking/savings accounts anymore.
Old 01-22-2008

Longevity: 96%

Let me get this straight.
I have had a Paypal account for so many years that I don't remember and have never had an issue except for one loser who was disappointed after the item arrived, filed a complaint, I issued a refund, no problems for at least three years. This account is set up through a bank account which is how I get my money out of it.
I remember in the old days I would have to transfer funds from the bank acct to paypal to pay for an item if I didn't have enough in PP. Now if there is not enough in PP they just automatically take the difference out of the bank. Bought something the other day and was like a dollar short so they took the difference. Seller told me it came to him as an e-check.
Is there a way to have a ONE-WAY flow. I don't know why paypal would want to access my bank account other than a chargeback. Is there a way for me to transfer money into the account for a purchase, but not give PP access to do it for something like a chargeback?
I had been using this PP acct to send money to from my other one and then withdraw it. Otherwise how do we get our money out of PP?

Sorry, I had a "more information required" issue once that I quickly resloved but other than that PP has never been a major issue. I just want the best way to accept payment and eventually get the cash out without too much expense or hassle. I would be cruising along keeping lots of money in my PP account oblivious to what they are capable of if I hadn't found this great site a while back. Just want to avoid problems rather that to have to deal with them
Old 01-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default Dogface - Open a secondary bank account

DogFace

My suggestion to you is this:

Go to a local bank in your area other than where your main account is and open a second bank account and add that account to your PayPal/eBay and use it strictly for any and all eBay/PayPal transactions, just keep a low dollar amount in it, say like $50.00 or so. Also sign up for a visa debit and add that to your PayPal & eBay account as well.

Once you have your new bank account opened and added to eBay & PayPal, PLEASE remove your main savings/checking/visa card from eBay and PayPal immediately.

This way if they try to do a chargeback or whatever, guess what? they won't get much from you. This prevents them from messing with your main checking/savings account.

I would also suggest signing up for the PayPal Debit card, that way you can remove your funds the same day after you receive your money from your sales.

If something bad goes down, the last thing you want is ePay and PayFools to keep dipping into your real money, your real bank account.
Old 01-22-2008

i wonder if theres something where you could set up a bank account online real quick instead of having to go to a b&m bank

edit: just seen the accountnow thread!!
Old 01-23-2008

You can also use your netspend card, and set it up as a bank account so that you can make withdrawals from paypal to netspend ... the nice thing is that Netspend does not allow transactions going the other way so if Paypal tried to take funds, it would be automatically blocked.
Old 01-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk View Post
You can also use your netspend card, and set it up as a bank account so that you can make withdrawals from paypal to netspend ... the nice thing is that Netspend does not allow transactions going the other way so if Paypal tried to take funds, it would be automatically blocked.
so the netspend card has a bank and routing # also? Can i do it with the netspend giftcard?
Old 01-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default NetSpend

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ley4evr View Post
so the netspend card has a bank and routing # also? Can i do it with the netspend giftcard?
I have never heard of netspend but I'm going to check it out for sure!