any magical PP invisible limit? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default any magical PP invisible limit?

So I'm doing pretty good on 2 of my main accounts, their both doing about the same amount per/mo.

I've almost reached $5,000 USD received on both of them. I remember I got limited a few years back and when I called PP, the woman told me that I hit one of their "invisible limits" and I needed to provide more verification before I could keep selling.

The only difference between a few years ago and now is that back then it took me maybe 6-8 weeks to reach 5k, this time it took me 8 months because I was going super slow trying to prevent a limitation...

Should I be worried about hitting this 5k thing? Or is it BS?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

IF they had a hidden number it would change all the time for sure. Spikes in sales are supposed to be kicker too. Personally I think there are a dozen variables and trying to avoid any magic mark is pretty futile.
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-14-2010)
Old 12-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
IF they had a hidden number it would change all the time for sure. Spikes in sales are supposed to be kicker too. Personally I think there are a dozen variables and trying to avoid any magic mark is pretty futile.
Yeah, that's what I kind of figured too.

I mean, I've constantly been taking money out on regular basis. I always leave 1/5 of the amount I'm taking out in PP, so it's never $0.

I've gotten zero PP disputes, 100% feedback, etc... I'm ACTUALLY a pretty good seller, so I don't see a reason for a limitation, but then again it's PP. Expect the unexpected.

I guess I'm just kind of paranoid about this withdraw, it will put me over the hump of $5k.
Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Well, there is no way to avoid a limitation at some point. Its going to happen. But its pretty easy to lift for us because we dont have SSN requests.

If you have withdrawn around 5k and have not yet been limited, wow!. Its coming you can bet on that
Old 12-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you have withdrawn around 5k and have not yet been limited, wow!. Its coming you can bet on that
Ahhh, don't say that!

If this is the case, how the hell do people have accounts with 30,000+ feedback and their titanium power sellers. I can only imagen the volume going through their PP accounts on a daily basis.
Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

You can lift limits on a stealth account. Easy.

In fact, I like to get limited so I can put it behind me
Old 12-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You can lift limits on a stealth account. Easy.

In fact, I like to get limited so I can put it behind me
I've never successfully recovered an account after a limitation. I usually just ditch the account and start new, withdraw the cash after 180.

I guess that's why I'm kind of scared of it.
Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Lots of folks do it that way. Every situation is different too. Depends on what you sell. If its legit stuff with a legit supplier all you need usually is invoices, some tracking and maybe ID

If the products are less than legit it will make lifting limit harder for sure. If you just walk away from limited accounts and wait it out its best to have lots on the go at once so when one goes down it doesn't hurt so much
Old 12-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Lots of folks do it that way. Every situation is different too. Depends on what you sell. If its legit stuff with a legit supplier all you need usually is invoices, some tracking and maybe ID

If the products are less than legit it will make lifting limit harder for sure. If you just walk away from limited accounts and wait it out its best to have lots on the go at once so when one goes down it doesn't hurt so much
Makes sense.

Can you just dummy invoices form suppliers? I don't really want PP to know who my suppliers are. As for tracking #, I never use tracking # because its so expensive that my shipping would go from $3 to $14 :(
Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Any paperwork can be fudged. How well is the key. If you are not skilled to do it then best to find someone who can [I dont do it, sorry]

But we have a huge advantage here with not having to supply a SSN. So if some fancy paperwork lifts the limit great. Then you can use the account even more

But if your products are full on knock offs its a much higher hill to climb for sure
Old 12-14-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

^^^
Yes, but it is still possible, and once over that hill...YOU ARE DONE!!!
Old 12-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
^^^
Yes, but it is still possible, and once over that hill...YOU ARE DONE!!!
So your chances of getting limited for the second time are way less if you get limited the first time and submit all info and get your account un-limited?
Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by original View Post
So your chances of getting limited for the second time are way less if you get limited the first time and submit all info and get your account un-limited?
Yes. To a degree anyway. The account is stronger but not bulletproof. But you can feel much better on withdraws for sure. As long as account doesn't get a huge spike in sales its pretty smooth sailing

On one account that had a limit lifted 3 months ago for example, paypal has called me 4 times. Just to check if I was making the withdraws and to check in. So always have the phone handy when you withdraw. But I have made 5 or 6 withdraws a week on that account since limitation and no worries [less worries may be better to say]

Its PayPal so nothing is ever solid. But its better for sure