Feedback Manipulation / Feedback Exchange / Penny Auctions - BAD IDEAS = suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Feedback Manipulation / Feedback Exchange / Penny Auctions - BAD IDEAS = suspension

You know the drill, you get booted, you start over, you want to build a few feedbacks to get yourself up and running.

I'm hearing conflicting stories here on the penny auction thing, so I wanted to start a new thread to discuss it.

A few people claim that the penny auctions with the link to the ebay store "for approval" are no longer allowed, yet I just saw plenty of them on ebay right now (unless they are all fixing to get canned). Secondly, one member was saying that he was getting suspended momentarily after registering and buying penny auctions. I did notice that many penny auctions have an immediate payment required on them, meaning that you will have to link your paypal account to buy them, which ebay will ask you to do in a subtle way, I'm told, and I suspect that could be an issue some people would easily overlook.

So, I guess I'm looking for the truth out there. There are penny auctions still out there that don't require immediate payments that won't require you to link your paypal account to it. So, the question is, has anyone had success by buying those for some quick feedback and not getting banned? What seems to be the best, yet efficient strategy for building up say 10, 20, 30 or so feedback on a new account to get you up and going again and fly under the radar if the penny auctions are too risky? How do y'all pros do it?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-24-2007

My Ebay account was suspended 3 times and everytime I created a new one with totaly new info (didn't have the the aspkin.com in my bookmarks:D )
Everytime when I was a "newbie" with zero feedback I used to buy 6-7 e-books to build up my feedback and be able to have "buy-it-now" option.
I was doing it in one day and never had a problem.
Old 03-25-2007

I opened one more ac last week, bought a few 1-cent wallpapers and it is still alive. I opened this ac to have one handy in the case my current ac would get suspended.
Old 03-26-2007
Executive [VIP]

I am trying the method of buying cheap stuff with free physical shipping (not digital download). I ended up buying a bunch of stuff under 60 cents (stamps, coins, beads, baseball cards, used books). I think eBooks & wallpapers are targeted by eBay as "fronts" for feedback. I'd stay away from those.
Old 03-26-2007

As long as you have the resell rights on the ebook it should be ok..even better if you write the ebook yourself then you basically have the copyright on it..having said that, I'd still go with physical items..stickers, patches, etc...things that you can send via lettermail are good because they're cheap to send, and quick.
Old 03-26-2007

to add further, I would stress selling as opposed to buying ebooks and small ticket items for 'Feedback Fluff'..it does take a bit longer, but won't put up the red flag either.
Old 04-15-2007

Default I violated "feedback manipulation" policy. Don't want to get suspended

Just wondering if anyone wants to exchange some feedback on ebay and a little shill bidding?....
Old 04-15-2007

Longevity: 98%
Default Need to make forum section for exchanging feedbacks

note to the administrator

im telling you people the safest way to exchange feedbacks is from this forum ... email .... hi lets exchange bla bla ... just be smart... if we unite no one can stop us .. but if you continue to try get small chip feedbacks you will fail .. ebay controls ebay .. we have to be in control of feedbacks from some other site... some one make feedback exchange site.. ebay have new program that deals with feedbacks now ..not long ago that was not a problem. but what bay dont realize people can open sites on the site to exchange feedbacks... this is my idea but im very lazy .. i just generate ideas and income he he ;-)
Old 04-15-2007

finally one smart person ;-) i want to but now don't use your real email to post on forum.. just open new one just for feed buck exchange email me iknowebay@yahoo.com
i hope they will make the hole section dedicated to feedback exchange
Old 04-15-2007

i'll email you later today
Old 04-15-2007

yeah but you know how fast ebay would have spies catching people doing that...great idea on paper but hard to know who is who online.
Old 04-15-2007

very true.....
Old 04-15-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueladams View Post
yeah but you know how fast ebay would have spies catching people doing that...great idea on paper but hard to know who is who online.

by the time ebay will send spies we will make a fortune .. and there will be moore and more forums opening with feedback exchanges and it will go beyond ebays control ... because the suspend so many people is war people are just getting redy for war. i heard they suspended 4000 people a couple of days ago from UK... just a month ago i culd not find so many suspended people on google who complaining about suspension and so many new forums and staff
Old 04-15-2007

Maybe not for your product but for some products is hard to begin without feedback. Im not talking about 100 im saying 5-10fedbucks to post on top or buy it now ..i personally get feedbacks only in 1-2weeks and that is too long ...
not to be able to post on top..

Last edited by Modee; 06-30-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-16-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueladams View Post
ebay doesn't has tme to deal with this
Old 04-30-2007

Default I violated "feedback manipulation" policy. Don't want to get suspended

I was thinking as I wrote something in another thread and say you make a new account, what items are easy to sell that you can get feedback to build stuff up on that won't get you suspended for selling them?

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
I was thinking as I wrote something in another thread and say you make a new account, what items are easy to sell that you can get feedback to build stuff up on that won't get you suspended for selling them?
Read this Jonas...http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...e-formula.html

Basically there is no way to get easy feedback.
Old 05-01-2007

I simply started selling my product with no BIN option for a week or two. I don't think there is any quick way to get around legitimate FB w/o risking suspension.
Old 05-01-2007

I would say buy a couple of things, and sell a couple, then do the same thing. Speeds things up a bit
Old 05-01-2007

What I do is start off buying shipping supplies (Heck you will need them later when you sell). You can also list "household items" to get you going.

Here is another thing I do to start an account off with selling. Join columbia house right now you can get 5 dvds for .49 cents each. Get the new releases, when you get them watch them if you want or burn them for later. Then list them on ebay using ebays prefilled system (no hosting on your part) and they should sell. The newer releases will generally get you around 5-10 bucks depending so you get your money back and some feedback. Use the profits to buy the dvds to fulfill your contract with columbia then cancel the account with columbia. They will send you a mailer asking you to come back with a deal of 7 dvds free shippping and a smaller contract to buy. Just repeat the process.
Old 05-01-2007

Oh, Another key is slowly build up to the higher dollar item to sell. Ebay has taken an aggressive approach to sellers that come out selling high dollar items even DVD box sets. They now it seems set limits to how many you can list within a 7 day period. Don't push the limits the goal is to stay low key and grow in the beginning.
Old 05-01-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBay Balling View Post
Oh, Another key is slowly build up to the higher dollar item to sell. Ebay has taken an aggressive approach to sellers that come out selling high dollar items even DVD box sets. They now it seems set limits to how many you can list within a 7 day period. Don't push the limits the goal is to stay low key and grow in the beginning.
I disagree. that doesn't work , because Ebay knows that is what most scam artist do. They start slowly selling cheap items, then they will sell a few high price items then bail out not sending out anything.

Start out selling about 15 items at first. Sell the same items from the begining that you want to sell them move up to about 50 items a day. But I wouldn't go past 50 unless your paypal is linked and you have god feedback.
Closed Thread