New account trashed by buyer - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default New account trashed by buyer

Buyer bought an item on the 24th of december 2010 since the po was closed over the weekend for the holiday item shipped on tuesdauy. Amazon allows 2 busness days to ship. So mailed on 27th. Item received on the january 03.
buyer s leaves a 3 and says seller ok shipping was a little slow probobly due to holiday.. Slow??? 6 days!! WTF. the account was a new account with only 1 feedback and this just trashed the account. The account was only 2 months old!! what the hell is wrong with these people.

I can't understand how stupid they are. I have a feeling that this was an amazon spy due to the specific wordings. The average(joe) does not write like they did. So now If i do not get any feedback this account will be gone!! I was letting this account sit for awhile selling little at a time now I wake up to this comment and my rating down!! !!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

I feel your pain. They are idiots. Well, you may be able to salvage the situation, however. Send a polite email to the buyer. Tell him that you noticed his comments and you wish to remedy any problems he encountered. Ask that he remove the feedback ONLY once you've established a rapport and are moving in a friendly direction on the matter.
Old 01-07-2011

Longevity: 77%

yeah mate, you are more than 100% right! I have a buyer that after he used the goods, hes claiming that they are BAD! Let see how this will end now!

GoodLuck mate... Wish you tons of luck
Old 01-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaches View Post
what the hell is wrong with these people
That sucks. We can do anything and everything we can to make these things work to the very best of our ability and the one damn thing we cant do anything about is people on the other end being clueless. And I don't mean somewhat misinformed, I mean they must have a hard time feeding themselves...

At least twice a month something like this happens to me that is so frustrating I question why I bother selling online. Its like walking in a field of land mines. You can go for months and months without anything damaging to an account or right out of the gate you step on a land mine and get sacked with a bone head buyer. There is literally nothing that can be done. If you draw the short straw and get a buyer like this there is no way to control it. You can beat them over the head with reality, but they think the internet is magic

I've had buyers, from another country no less, buy on a Friday night and ask why it didn't arrive on Monday....

All we can do is just hope we can get rolling along nicely before one of these clowns walks in.
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (01-07-2011)
Old 01-07-2011

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
I've had buyers, from another country no less, buy on a Friday night and ask why it didn't arrive on Monday....
They might have thought you provided Jet Air Mail :P Working weekends too :P
Old 01-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Couldn't have said it better myself, pod.
Old 01-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaches View Post
Buyer bought an item on the 24th of december 2010 since the po was closed over the weekend for the holiday item shipped on tuesdauy. Amazon allows 2 busness days to ship. So mailed on 27th. Item received on the january 03.
buyer s leaves a 3 and says seller ok shipping was a little slow probobly due to holiday.. Slow??? 6 days!! WTF. the account was a new account with only 1 feedback and this just trashed the account. The account was only 2 months old!! what the hell is wrong with these people.

I can't understand how stupid they are. I have a feeling that this was an amazon spy due to the specific wordings. The average(joe) does not write like they did. So now If i do not get any feedback this account will be gone!! I was letting this account sit for awhile selling little at a time now I wake up to this comment and my rating down!! !!
I would offer a cash rebate if this individual would be kind enough to remove, or edit feedback. Kindly appologize, and explain that it is very hard to control the postal service, and because of this you will SEND them a gift card, or a cash money order. Do not refund through Amazon. Believe me, it will cost alot more in time, money, and stress to creat a new account.

As soon as I get a where is my stuff email, I immediately respond, and send along a gift, like a flash drive, or SD card, or DVD. Goes a long way when time comes for feedback.

When you think about how valuable an Amazon account is, this cost is a drop in the bucket compared to what you have to spend to coddle the insane buyer.

!

Good luck. Ive been nursing a two month old account myself. Over 150 sales, and 54 glowing 5 star feedbacks.
The Following User Says Thank You to cherrqell For This Useful Post:
pod (01-07-2011)
Old 01-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
As soon as I get a where is my stuff email, I immediately respond, and send along a gift, like a flash drive, or SD card, or DVD. .
What a shame we have to go to these lengths.... Used to be a time if the customer got what they ordered in a reasonable time everyone went about their way. I used to bribe off customers when I screwed up. When I made a mistake. Now we seem to have to do it all the time just to stay in business. Makes me wonder what selling online will be like in 5 years. Buy a DVD player, get a free car....
Old 01-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yep. That, or create your own e-commerce site where you control at least some of the variables.
Old 01-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Makes me wonder what selling online will be like in 5 years. Buy a DVD player, get a free car....
very funny!
Old 01-08-2011

Longevity: 85%

I had this happen recently also and I took care of it by offering to refund their shipping costs if they remove the feedback. I have done this several times and it works like a charm. Apologize for their concern with their order then make the offer and include the instructions for removing the negative feedback.

So far this has worked 100%. After some did not respond to my original offer, I even went so far as to offer to send them a similar item free if they removed feedback and bingo it worked!

Don't give up....every account is precious!
Old 01-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Agreed. A little courtesy and the offer of a olive branch can work wonders. I have also had feedbacks removed by offering partial refunds or freebies.
Old 01-08-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazombie View Post
I had this happen recently also and I took care of it by offering to refund their shipping costs if they remove the feedback. I have done this several times and it works like a charm. Apologize for their concern with their order then make the offer and include the instructions for removing the negative feedback.

So far this has worked 100%. After some did not respond to my original offer, I even went so far as to offer to send them a similar item free if they removed feedback and bingo it worked!

Don't give up....every account is precious!
If it is worded that way, it is considered feedback extortion, even if an apology is included. But it is much less likely a customer would file a complaint if sounds gracious and includes a genuine apology, just my opinion
Old 01-08-2011

I would apologize and let him know in the Amazon world, 6 days is actually fairly quick to receive an item, or definitely within a reasonable time frame from what you understand. Then suggest he kindly remove the feedback and let you know AND you will be offering a refund. Apologize too. It's worded a little jumbled but that is the intention. That's what I would do, and I would send him the Money inside an Attorneys envelope and hand write your name adjacent his name (if you know an Attorney) and send it signature confirmation. After he removes the bad feedback, then you could send him a second email telling him it will arrive signature confirmation and thank him again

Last edited by Melissa1971; 01-08-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

I know that Amazon basically says you cannot make feedback removal a condition of any service, but most customers don't know this and I believe it's usually worth the risk, especially if you word it right, as Melissa said.
Old 01-09-2011

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1971 View Post
If it is worded that way, it is considered feedback extortion, even if an apology is included. But it is much less likely a customer would file a complaint if sounds gracious and includes a genuine apology, just my opinion
Never had someone complain to Amazon for me doing this. I find that customers generally appreciate you reaching out to them to resolve issues and are happy to remove feedback because of the gesture. I even had customers remove feedback and refuse my freebie since they were happy I just tried to resolve the issue.
Old 01-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

True, it's all about the impression you give the buyer.
Old 01-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Thats a Shame,,,I Feel For You,,,I Have Been There,,,

The Good news is that you Did Not lose the Account yet,,,What I would do is Try that whole Polite EMail as others here have stated, Only I woul let the Buyer Know How easy it is to Lose an Ebay Sellers Account.

Sometimes (VERY RARLY) Buyers feel bad because they do Not realize how much Damage they can do to a Seller,,,You Might get luckey and get such a Person.

Also, Sell a Bunch of things quickly to get some Positive Feedback,,,Fast,,,It will Start to recover your Rating, and give you a Small Defense should the Account get Suspended
Amazombie (01-09-2011)
Old 01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazombie View Post
Never had someone complain to Amazon for me doing this. I find that customers generally appreciate you reaching out to them to resolve issues and are happy to remove feedback because of the gesture. I even had customers remove feedback and refuse my freebie since they were happy I just tried to resolve the issue.
Wonderful