Amazon Verifying customers payment but will it make my order late? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Amazon Verifying customers payment but will it make my order late?

I got an order a few days ago, $13 for a game. I forgot I even had a few orders that cheap still in my inventory

Amazon sent me a sold ship email then said not to ship it, they were verifying his payment methods, or something to that effect. In an hour or so, if he doesn't respond, then someone here posted it will show up in customer metrics as late

So I thought if just buying postage for it, cheap media mail and typing in a much lesser weight so it will only cost a dollar or so. Then sending a note to the buyer the game is not on its way, (because Amazon sends an auto email saying it is) I just wanted it out of my front page inventory or something to that effect but it was still available if their funds become verified.

What do you experienced people think?

I hope someone responds soon, there isn't much time left and it will be a late. Thanks alot, M.

Last edited by Melissa1971; 01-13-2011 at 05:09 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-13-2011

Longevity: 77%

I have no idea.. But I've heard from Amazon sellers that they still get dinged for shipping late if it's over 2 days. Which is silly to me because it's Amazons fault.
Old 01-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
I have no idea.. But I've heard from Amazon sellers that they still get dinged for shipping late if it's over 2 days. Which is silly to me because it's Amazons fault.
Thank you! I thought I had read that as well. I'll wait about 5 minutes then pay for postage, maybe a dollar or so to avoid it being listed in my customer metrics

On another note, Amazon told me they would refund my postage after 2 weeks and it still hasn't happened. I have over $125 in limbo because part of the time I pay for an order, it reads whatever the correct price is, then spits out an overnight express mailing label. Can't get it to default to any other carrier method (like media mail) which would be cheaper when it screws up :>
Old 01-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

If you are getting one of those emails that says Do Not Ship, then you do not have the buyer's address available anyway. What you described sounds like a slightly different clusterf*ck, though (Thank You Amazon for making our life harder). In the "Do Not Ship" cases, if Amazon drags its feet and takes a week to verify the payment, you probably will get a late shipment, sorry. It HAS happened to me at least twice, the only reason my shipments were ever late!
Old 01-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
If you are getting one of those emails that says Do Not Ship, then you do not have the buyer's address available anyway. What you described sounds like a slightly different clusterf*ck, though (Thank You Amazon for making our life harder). In the "Do Not Ship" cases, if Amazon drags its feet and takes a week to verify the payment, you probably will get a late shipment, sorry. It HAS happened to me at least twice, the only reason my shipments were ever late!
Maybe it used to be that way but now they offer the customers address. I hope they don't wait a whole week to verify payment.
They gave me the customers address because it was printed as usual on the media mail slip I bought (yes it's a game but I didn't want to spend any more money avoiding the late) I taped the media mail postage to the wall so I can afflix it towards the actual postage when I send the item.

The last time I got the DO NOT SHIP notification they sent it to me everyday as a reminder. So that's what I thought happened when I saw the same heading again in email but I just noticed it is from another customer

And it's too late, I already shipped the item.

Sheesh what's the deal lately

But... to offset it I also got some Good news that one of my shipping credits came through, and they sent me an email explaining they authorized the refund. So it takes longer than 2 weeks but I'll probably get the other hundred dollars after about 18 days of the computer error.

Funny how Amazon has so many bizarre computer errors. Never had anything like this happen on EBAY
Old 01-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

It may have changed. They seem to have changed a bunch of stuff in the last two months. Anyway, I would not ship items before the order's been approved. I would get orders, all the time, that were pending for two weeks and were never approved. You might end up sending something to someone for free!
Old 01-13-2011
Threadstarter  

If they don't pay, I don't ship it except yesterday when I accidently sent it for free. Never had two customers with payment issues so I ignored the second DO NOT SHIP thinking it was just resent as a reminder. Next time I'll know

No doubt there is no reason to pay now but we'll see....
Old 01-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

It's all automated and up to Amazon. Even a well-meaning customer can't have their card charged for the order, if you sent it by accident, before it was approved (they may be able to call Amazon and have them do it, not sure on this). Amazon will probably say, boo hoo, we told you not to ship until we tell you to.
Old 01-13-2011
Threadstarter  

first order I did postage to avoid late fees, never sent it

Second order I did actual postage and sent it off same day

The second email went into my spam folder, first email did not so that's weird. I check emails about 2-3 times a day whereas all day I am filling orders as they come all day making trips to the grocery mail center

Seems Amazon could avoid submitting me orders that aren't real

Only good thing is if Amazon cannot get paid, and I believe they do not unless it sells, then maybe they will fix it

Both orders were for less than $20, got lucky this time. Lesson learned
Old 01-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok so here's the outcome of me doing postage and the lady now paying. She responded to my email to tell me she updated cc info

There is no email telling me to ship the item to her as normally occurs.

There is no credit of the amount of her payment in my payments account as normally occurs. Meaning I haven't been paid

This order I would not have been late had I waited but I accidentely fulfilled it as i hadn't read the email so I guess I am out $20

The other order for $18 I would've been late, and he still hasn't paid. I waited till the last few hours then decided to do postage on it. If he pays it is doubtful I will get a notice to ship the order since I haven't gotten a notice on this lady though she paid so....this is a real problem

Lesson learned. Leave the lates in customer metrics
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

I got one of these this morning. 1st time. I am not shipping anything until I get paid. And I am not even paying for shipping just to have fast shipping. If Amazon doesn't tell me to ship then I wont. If they nail me for slow shipping on that then the system is messed up big time. I like to keep account ok, but I'm not sending out a $150 item for free...

If Amazon takes a few days to clear payment I will throw a note in for buyer I guess noting Amazon told me not to ship... But are you saying the Amazon system itself will actually ding me when THEY say don't ship??
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yes. If they hold it for more than a couple days, what will happen is Amazon will say the actual date the order was placed is whenever they first got order. Then it looks like you didn't ship it for 3 or 4 days while Amazon took their sweet time confirming the order. Nothing you can do, sorry. I emailed them about it once and got some bogus boilerplate reply.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
pod (01-15-2011)
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

We have to deal with some silly ass crap to sell online but this is bloody absurd. They cant have the brutality to ding you for slow shipping when they tell you not to.... Just insanity

How can that make any sense to them?
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Well a lot of it doesn't make sense. Amazon has an endless number of people signing up to be sellers, so they just don't care. Amazon made the whole "confirm when ship" sound like a good thing, too, when they first rolled it out. They said they'd be "responsible" for any bad credit cards, which is a big hint as to why they now take two weeks to confirm big sales.
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Confirming the sale is valid is great. I don't care if its a week to protect against fraud. BUT to go as far as to say I'm a crappy seller because I waited to ship on their advice is pretty much the stupidest thing they could do. They make sure we go out of our way to be super human if we want to sell. But now I need to invent a time machine???
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Like I said, they simply don't give a hoot. I was basically the highest rated software seller ever, and they booted me because of a "suspicious" that I was violating a policy. A suspicion! Amazon doesn't give a cr*p about their sellers, and never will.
Old 01-15-2011

Longevity: 82%

usually they are just trying to verify if the buyer has the funds for the transaction. They do not charge until ship but they do a soft authorization to see if the $ there. If they cannot verify the $ us there as in a persons card is declining in their acct. or they have low funds amazon keeps the item in the basket and takes it out of your inventory but send the buyer a email asking for an updated payment source. thats usually what the wait is. They do not want you to ship and not get paid and worse to them, they not get paid.
The Following User Says Thank You to newtools For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (01-15-2011)
Old 01-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Right before the 48 hr "ding" I am just going to cancel the transaction for now on.
If an Amazon Rep mentions a high cancellation rate, I will just say

"Oh those are Amazons flubb ups that I had to address but I understand people make mistakes, even Amazon, so no problem. I just overlook it. I am not going to complain about it, just happy I can sell thru Amazon"

They already dinged me for a late within just a few minutes of the lady ordering. It said the order was late from the year 1983, now that was bizarre
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

They are not going to look at it that way Melissa, believe me.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (01-15-2011)
Old 01-15-2011
Threadstarter  

They've always pretended they agree with me, just as they did about their last flub up. They always say "don't worry I'll make a note on your account it was Amazons Fault, not yours, so it won't affect you"
Yeah, sure.

Well I believe they did make notes on my account, I probably got a ton of them for all their bizarre computer errors. They wouldn't agree to close it and allow me to open a new account.

We all know never to truly bank on anything, so in actuality, nothing would surprise me. But if you do not believe what you are saying and give them the benefit of the doubt that you both are operating within some level of integrity and fairness, then that isn't fair to them either
Old 01-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Except once, I just remembered Amazon sold an item not in my inventory and he kinda argued with me for a while. In the end, he believed me and made a note that Amazon sold an item not in my inventory. He was kinda out of line but I still had to give him the benefit of the doubt, a few times in fact :> in order to turn him around. He just couldn't be trying to put the blame on me He said I typed in that I had two of those items for sale, just as I did my other item I sold. Then I said then what happened to the other one, it would still be for sale in my inventory right? well he couldn't explain it without blaming me again saying I took it out and he didn't want to go that far

So he wrote on the case that Amazon sold an item that was not in my inventory. Sadly sometimes I think you gotta keep them talking so they can find the truth out using their own words and their own logic.

But again, you just never know what they will do....
Old 01-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
Like I said, they simply don't give a hoot. I was basically the highest rated software seller ever, and they booted me because of a "suspicious" that I was violating a policy. A suspicion! Amazon doesn't give a cr*p about their sellers, and never will.
That's too bad, I am sorry that happened. You must have really got a jerk looking at your account that day