PayPal and a DBA - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-08-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default PayPal and a DBA

Hello,

I have 4 eBay accounts that have been listed suspended due to "association" with and account that was banned for seller non performance. The jist of that story is I was ignorant enough to trust another company with my businesses 2500 feedback reputation. Anyway every time I get another account that they eventualy shut it down. The time seems to get quicker every time. The first account was 125 feedback, second 85, third was 53, last one got to 26. I am fairly sure that they have traced these down using my paypal accounts, that have remained consistatly in place and opperating with few disputes and all of them quickly resolved. I am not a scam.

Yet I now need to get a legal new paypal account. Today I filed for a new DBA, opened new bank accounts, scured a new address, and have a debit card back by Visa, and a Fedral and State tax number. I was hoping to open a Paypal account using this information? Yet it askes for the owners information??? Has anyone every found a way to get around this and have the account validated? I want to be as honest as possible and still use ebay and paypal I have been in business for 4 years and ebay was about 1/2 my income.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-08-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 95%
Wink go undercover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anttler View Post
Hello,

I have 4 eBay accounts that have been listed suspended due to "association" with and account that was banned for seller non performance. The jist of that story is I was ignorant enough to trust another company with my businesses 2500 feedback reputation. Anyway every time I get another account that they eventualy shut it down. The time seems to get quicker every time. The first account was 125 feedback, second 85, third was 53, last one got to 26. I am fairly sure that they have traced these down using my paypal accounts, that have remained consistatly in place and opperating with few disputes and all of them quickly resolved. I am not a scam.

Yet I now need to get a legal new paypal account. Today I filed for a new DBA, opened new bank accounts, scured a new address, and have a debit card back by Visa, and a Fedral and State tax number. I was hoping to open a Paypal account using this information? Yet it askes for the owners information??? Has anyone every found a way to get around this and have the account validated? I want to be as honest as possible and still use ebay and paypal I have been in business for 4 years and ebay was about 1/2 my income.
we all start out wanting to be as honest as possible, but, go undercover dude. It's better anyway because paypal cannot mess up your credit if it's not really YOU
Old 01-10-2008

Hello Paypal and Ebay alike force you to go undercover because they ask you for your identity in contact info and when registering a paypal account.
I'm not sure on 'info's' statement on using your real name (non DBA) to register a new paypal account with it? If you are limited it sems to me they would need to match your name and address with whats on your DL which would also link you to your previous paypal/ebay accounts?
Old 01-11-2008

I've gotta admit I am in the exact same position Anttler. The only thing I don't have is the Tax ID number, which I was planning on getting later today. My problem is that the products I sell range from $500-3000, and from what I've read it seems like it is going to be impossible to get a PayPal account that will not be frozen.

I was planning to use the Tax ID number to register it as a PayPal business account so that I could be completely verified and unlimited, but it sounds like that is also a false dream?

Ultimately I plan to use a Merchant account for most of the payments received, however some customers will only use PayPal, and I want to be able to provide that option.

Any input is appreciated!
Old 01-11-2008

Thanks for the reply savahaganda.

I actually called Authorize.net to check up on their pricing and just to answer a few questions. However, the sales rep on the phone said "We do not accept PayPal as PayPal is a competitor of ours."....

Am I just misunderstanding how this Gateway / Merchant Account works?
Old 01-11-2008

Longevity: 98%

If you get authorize.net through a merchant account provider, it's often less.