Paypal negative balance - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-16-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Exclamation Paypal negative balance

So, i got a charge back for a transaction i did about 4 months ago.
Paypal has left my account with negative $2,230. I dont feel like i should pay
it back i provided proof of tracking and i have customs evidence. Does any one have any advice ? My account was verified with my last partners information...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-16-2011

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Perfect example of why not to use someone else's info.

Did you try calling pp and explaining to them?
The Following User Says Thank You to lakeman For This Useful Post:
ryanba (01-16-2011)
Old 01-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

That must have been one expensive item to leave your account like that. What exactly was the reason for the chargeback by the customer?
Old 01-16-2011
Threadstarter  

Cool the reason

I shipped the item and now 3 to 4 months later he does a charge back.....
i honestly think hes just trying to run a scam on me. but i have proof i shipped the item. I just dont feel i should pay that money back. The claim is still open and is still being reviewed by paypal.
Old 01-17-2011

Longevity: 76%

Dude my wife had the same problem..

She sold 12 scsi hard drives for 300 ea, outside of ebay after the guy received them he put a claim into paypal that they didnt work. Paypay suspended the money, we recieved a package back form the guy with completely different junk hard drives, we have pics and serial #'s of all the drives so we responded to paypal and they awarded us the dispute..

Yea we won right, wrong.. About 2 months later paypal drains $2,000 from her account and puts it $1600 negative. She calls paypal and they state he did a credit card dispute and his credit card sided with him, because he had a tracking # of the returned junk. We argued for months with paypal and they don't care, no seller protection at all..

Only up side is they never withdrew from our bank, guess they cant without our permission. so she is now banned from ebay and paypal. I guess we'll have to pay it one day but its BS since we were the ones robbed, no money or merchandise!!!
Old 01-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@gmata - looks like your work is set. You do not wish to pay but you used your last partner's info...geez, he/she will be stuck in Collections that's for sure. Hope you didnt use ALL of the real info - this is going to affect credit.

Sever the bank account at least so no re-pulls from the bank.
Old 01-18-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

If you have proof that it was delivered, then PP shouldn't have sided with the buyer.
Even if the bank took it back, PP should be the one that shoulders it.

Now how much PP's tos will shoulder I don't remember. Best if you contact them, give them the tracking info and proof and all.

If I'm not mistaken, PP will cover up to $2000 as long as you have signature confirmation. I just hope they'll still cover this even though it's international.
Old 01-18-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks for all the feedback. I provided paypal so far with the tracking information.
This is the 2nd time this happened to me i got scammed by someone in vietnam and paypal left me with a neg balance of $600 and they said im not covered. its begining to fustrate me and i feel like take further action their policy makes no sense. I even spoke to a rep and they stated that ( under every transaction their a sign or something that says this transaction is covered huh??? thats retarted....They should make it clear to people....all transactions should be covered! 100% we are using their service. They promoted such a safe service.....im suprised they havnt been sued or shut down yet...but any way....im waiting to see what happens.....
Old 01-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Question reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSMIKE2K View Post
Dude my wife had the same problem..

She sold 12 scsi hard drives for 300 ea, outside of ebay after the guy received them he put a claim into paypal that they didnt work. Paypay suspended the money, we recieved a package back form the guy with completely different junk hard drives, we have pics and serial #'s of all the drives so we responded to paypal and they awarded us the dispute..

Yea we won right, wrong.. About 2 months later paypal drains $2,000 from her account and puts it $1600 negative. She calls paypal and they state he did a credit card dispute and his credit card sided with him, because he had a tracking # of the returned junk. We argued for months with paypal and they don't care, no seller protection at all..

Only up side is they never withdrew from our bank, guess they cant without our permission. so she is now banned from ebay and paypal. I guess we'll have to pay it one day but its BS since we were the ones robbed, no money or merchandise!!!

Hey did they ever send the amount to collections??
Old 01-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
If you have proof that it was delivered, then PP shouldn't have sided with the buyer.
Even if the bank took it back, PP should be the one that shoulders it.

Now how much PP's tos will shoulder I don't remember. Best if you contact them, give them the tracking info and proof and all.

If I'm not mistaken, PP will cover up to $2000 as long as you have signature confirmation. I just hope they'll still cover this even though it's international.
He actually had parcel force send me a copy of the signaturei uploaded it to my paypal account...
Old 01-18-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmata2101 View Post
Hey did they ever send the amount to collections??
Yea its in collections on my wife, wish that was a stealth account :(. She continued to sell on ebay and just let to proceeds go to pay it back but when it went to collections they suspended the paypal and ebay accounts.

All in all i dont think paypal will fight for you if its a CC charge back, i might be wrong but they didnt for us. we did EVERYTHING they told us to do, we had all our proof and won the initial dispute. But as soon as the CC did the charge back paypal didnt even care, said we have no options even though they awarded us the initial dispute.

Mike
Old 01-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Agree - if it's a CC chargeback on the buyer's side, pa yp al will not do much to fight it off when it's much easier to hold the seller liable. Terrible antics.
Old 01-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Yea im just standing by to see what happens. I will take this to court if nothing is done.
Ive been doing alot of reading on paypal and they recently got sued for 35.6 million....
Old 08-02-2011

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmata2101 View Post
Yea im just standing by to see what happens. I will take this to court if nothing is done.
Ive been doing alot of reading on paypal and they recently got sued for 35.6 million....
Expect the collection agencies on to your ex partner if you used her real address.

When I was like 15, they started to send me threatening red letters about a negative balance of £19. Ridiculous I know.

?