I need help... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-19-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default I need help...

Hi there,

I have been supporting myself re-selling lots of makeup I purchased from wholesalers. However, when I first started I made alot of stupid mistakes and opened quite a few ebay accounts in my name. After that, I got blacklisted by ebay in my Moms name because of one buyer. I thought I was good after that when I opened accounts in my Aunts name but Paypal up and killed me this past winter. My dad let me open an account under his name but it quickly got linked I guess because of the IP address. He opened a new bank account for me and everything. So, I shut down the brand new Paypal account in my Dads name. He put me on as a signer on the account so I am going to call and tell them we need our account number changed.

I ordered the Stealth Book, but I am getting caught up and confused in some of the language. I'm not a computer person so it's been hard for me to understand how to change my IP address. Also, will I have to go through all that and change the IP address EVERY time I want to go to ebay?

Also, this book doesn't address the new changes to ebay. The last time I logged on, there were selling limitations. I was only allowed to sell 10 items. I then had to go through a series of questions answering things about my height or what kind of car I drive. I'm assuming this information is associating your name with the address. How can you sell more than 10 items ever if the system can't run your background so you can answer those questions? Does anyone know what I'm referring to? If you make up a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name or address it can't go through the system and ask those questions so you can sell 100 items a month.

Would I be better off just trying to buy a new ebay name? If I do that will I still have to change my IP address? Is makeup a "high risk" type of item? I am in desperate need of help because I need to start selling about 40 items in the next two weeks. Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. Gettign the eb ay stealth is a good start and re-reading always helps to clarify.

For IP address, you should change the IP EVERY time you go with a different account - if you are only working with 1 account, don't worry about it so much but I would suggest you record the IP if you want to keep opening new stealth accounts.

2. New changes to eb ay - yes the selling limit (when imposed) is impossible (virtually) to get over. We all deal with this in the form of new accounts. The way you get over it is to spread your sales over multiple accounts while building credibility then pushing more sales. Not associated to your name/address per say but to the fact that you are "new".

3. If you buy a new eb ay account, yes new IP is best. It's fun and somewhat simple to start an account but if you have $ to spare, buy from any one of the reputable sellers here and employ the tactics of eb ay stealth guide.

All the best - looking forward to your contributions.
Old 01-19-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 76%

Thank you SO much for your help.

OK, so as for registering with ebay and Paypal...

1. I have basically used up all the legit names. I tried to use my Dad's name ONCE for 1 minute and got a paypal account no problem and even had my Dad open a bank account. This is when I discovered linking. So...I'm guessing I cannot use his name anymore? Or that bank account number? The paypal account didn't get limited, just the ebay account. I guess they linked me to my IP address...

2. Now that I have used up all my legit names, I am planning to vary my name a bit. I'm planning to keep my last name but instead of using Susan (my name), I was going to use Suzanne. Is that too close to my name? I have a PO Box and am going to use the PO street address so that will not be the same and it won't look like a PO box address. I opened a bank account in my name. Is that OK?

3. After I register, will ebay only give me 10 auctions a month? Or will they give me more? I obviously cannot confirm my identity, right? Or, what happens when you use a name that can't be looked up? Like, ebay won't be able to look up history on my name (Suzanne) and address since it's not linked to any purchases like cars or homes.

4. Finally, my Mom's paypal account is still open and running even though it can be linked to those "bad" ebay accounts. How long will this last? Will they figure it out soon? I have someone who is supposed to send me $600 that I really need today. Should I just tell her to wait until I set up a new Paypal account?

I really only want ONE username and 100 auctions a month. Thats all I need. I am SO grateful to this forum and the book. I would like to wait and see if I can set up my own stealth account before I buy one from someone to save $65. But, if it comes to that I guess thats what I'll do. I have been reading the book like crazy, but the questions above are still lingering. I am really torn up about this because it's getting to be the end of the month and if I can't sell at least a couple things soon I will be broke. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by suza271 View Post
I ordered the Stealth Book, but I am getting caught up and confused in some of the language. I'm not a computer person so it's been hard for me to understand how to change my IP address. Also, will I have to go through all that and change the IP address EVERY time I want to go to ebay?

Alright you can use Elite Proxies, VPNs, SMAC to change your MAC address via router, you can also look online and ask google the same question, you can also use the search function here and see the same Q asked b4.