Buyer Paypal Account Limted.... Thought this can't happen? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-27-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Buyer Paypal Account Limted.... Thought this can't happen?

I probably misunderstood what I was told or read. I made a new eBay and Paypal under my real identity just to BUY. I was told as long as I don't accept payments my account will NOT get limited. I was adding fund to my PayPal via MoneyPak, and 2 mins later limited fully loaded with cash I just spent. What did I do wrong? They want me to verify bank, SSN, and bank. WHYYYYYY?!?! =(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

If your real info is burned, they can still shut you down for security. You get more leeway when not receiving money as far as getting limitations. But they don't know you wont be, so a preemptive strike.

For a buyer account you can still go stealth, just use a variation of address so as you can still receive packages. But make the rest stealth.
Old 01-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrondo9 View Post
I probably misunderstood what I was told or read. I made a new eBay and Paypal under my real identity just to BUY. I was told as long as I don't accept payments my account will NOT get limited. I was adding fund to my PayPal via MoneyPak, and 2 mins later limited fully loaded with cash I just spent. What did I do wrong? They want me to verify bank, SSN, and bank. WHYYYYYY?!?! =(
Welcome to paypal nasty tricks inc.

Look, tbh, about one year ago, it was pretty much OK to do what you did. Then paypal got nastier. These days even buyer accounts get limited.

Can you supply the details? Or did the SSN get burned on another account? All paypal want is to safeguard themselves. If you can give the details then do that.

Usung paypal, you are better to be fully verified before using them.
Old 01-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Honestly, about 6 or 7 years ago I had sold an item on eBay with flawless feedback from buying and selling. Long story short I had sold an item that was "Damaged during shipment or I sold broken items" (Buyer claimed this 2 weeks after receiving the item). The shipment was not insured (my fault with no doubt) and I had already withdrew the money I believe with the virtual credit card generator they used to have, and never had the funds to cover it. Buyer won the claim and was refunded his $600ish payment. I was clueless how PayPal worked and made multiple accounts over the years that ALWAYS got linked. Even my wife and parents name because I was clueless about using the same address. Till this day the get linked to that original account. In this email from PayPal today for the first time they told me how much was exactly owed. I am wondering if I pay this debt if I can safely use eBay/PayPal again with no issues. I am sure this is not the place for this post, but you did ask for details =) ... Where should I create a thread explaining this and possibly get answers. Thanks so much.
Old 01-28-2011

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

More info is coming out. You have a pp that has a negative balance with same info? There's your answer, why they limited you. It's best to pay that since it's in your real info.

Like Pod said, use a variation of your name and address and you should be fine.
Old 01-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

You need to learn how to stealth. You have just been hammering the system with the same info over and over so you wont get very far [As you have seen]

The only way you will be able to use the system, even just to buy is to have an account that is in no way linked to your past. Even the smallest detail and they will still know its you
Old 01-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
More info is coming out. You have a pp that has a negative balance with same info? There's your answer, why they limited you. It's best to pay that since it's in your real info.

Like Pod said, use a variation of your name and address and you should be fine.
Yeah, as I am missing out on a lot of good selling opportunity's I've been thinking about taking care of that debt now that my funds are more reasonable. My question is, even if I do pay it in full will I ever be able to use the account again or make a new account with no issue? Lakeman I reached my PM limit for the day when I tried to reply to your PM. My buyer account got jacked today after I added funds from my moneypak, so the money is minimal now. Will keep in touch.
Old 01-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Even if you pay its all over, sorry. They will pretend it will all be well, get the money, and kill you again. Your only option is Stealth
Old 01-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Speaking of Stealth, I have the book and was wondering if the UPS Suites are still available or would a PO be equally safe?? Couldn't find anything.
Old 01-28-2011

Longevity: 77%

UPS I use all the time. They call me "The man with a thousand names" lol

Also USPS PO boxes are good.
Old 01-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
UPS I use all the time. They call me "The man with a thousand names" lol

Also USPS PO boxes are good.
I am completely lost on how to obtain a UPS Suite address. Please send me in the right direction, much appreciated.
Old 01-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Box 234 = Suite 234. You just enter it as suit instead of box