Here's how I got popped. Somebody tell me where I went wrong - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-06-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Here's how I got popped. Somebody tell me where I went wrong

OK I had an acct on eBay for years (since 2000) and was suspended for a year for some Vero stuff. So I went to the local library and registered as a new user from their computer, and applied for a sellers acct there as well, using a credit card for a business that I operate. (completely separate bank account from the old eBay acct that had been suspended). I made a slight variation of my name (used my middle name and a mis-spelling of my last name) I used a new e-mail address, I set up a new PayPal account, that was linked to the new bank account. Nothing to link me to the old eBay account whatsoever. I even have a rental property up the road from me and I used that mailing address on my eBay registration. Then I went home and to my work and cleared off all the "cookies" from my computers that I listed from in the past, and went back to listing-- Nothing Vero related, I started out just selling regular household stuff that I normally sell sometimes anyway. Anyway, I've been selling on that account for a little over week and moved up to selling my normal stuff, and had over 100 listings, about 40 of which just closed out with buyers who have, for the most part, paid through PayPal. Well I just got an e-mail today informing me that I've been indefinately suspended because my account has been linked to the old (suspended) account. So they found out somehow. The only thing I can think of is, on my PayPal account, I have my correct mailing address there. Could that be what happened?
I do sell items that are somewhat unique, and there is a very small community of people who sell these items- what's the likelihood that a competitor has recognized me by my items and turned me in for investigation? A competitor would know right off the bat that "I'm back" by seeling the items I'm selling. I want to get back up and start selling these items again but I need to get this right next time. Now I've burned up my bridge on my other bank acct/rental property address/etc.- so now I've gotta completely go out there and get another bank account, address (I guess a PO Box) and all that. Somebody tell me what I did wrong so I don't let this happen again. I'm almost tempted to go to one of these places that sell your itmes for you and let them take a cut to sell my items. These are items that sell for $4 with $2 or so shipping. I'm not sure what kind of fees they take but any info you old veterans out there can provide will surely be appreciated.
Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
Paypal--yes definitely,
PLUS:
Old items/ pictures/descriptions... They track it all..
Sorry--youre in the same shape most of us are--But not to despair--

The ultimate "FASTEST" way back to ebay-- (besides spending 2 weeks reading all the posts/tips in the forum,--get the Ebay Stealth Book--Its a Fast Track back to ebay--

Believe me, its well worth it--less than the cost of a decent lunch..
Get the ebook-study it this weekend, make notes/questions.
Then, come back here-
Peruse the boards, for any questions/answers youre not sure of--You;ll be back..
Best of luck ! )
Old 06-06-2008
Threadstarter  

Default How I got Popped

...the bad thing is, I sell a very unique type of product. The items I sell pretty much dominate a very small sliver of eBay, so it's hard to change the wording or the description too much. It kind of "is what it is". I'm almost tempted to take a few of these to one of these "we sell it on eBay for you" stores and let them sell a few of these for me, just to see what happens. How do those guys get around these type of problems? You know people come in all the time doing this type of thing.
The items that I'm currently trying to sell are 100% on the up-and-up, it's just that I'm trying to remove myself from my old suspended eBay account and I can't seem to shake it. I forgot to mention in my earlier post some things that may or may not be relevant: You tell me.

1) I downloaded that Turbo Seller software to my computer the day before I was suspended
2) I'm using the same pictures of the same items that I was using with the old account
3) I've logged into my "old" PayPal account from the same computer I've been logging into my "new" PayPal account.
4) I'm using the same computer I've always been using. I'm not sure how to change the IP address on my computer, or if it's even necessary. I'm on a work computer that's owned by the company and we're on a high speed DSL with about 15 computers here online all the time. I'm not too savvy on how all that works. I did clear out the cookies but maybe that wasn't enough.(?)
5) I jumped right in full speed. I posted over 100 listings within the first week. Should I have waded in slower?

6) Does anyone have any experience with these guys who sell "sellers accounts"? I've seen people who will sell you accounts all day long with 10+ feedbacks for anywhere between $35 and $70 US. I'd pay that in a heartbeat if I knew it would work. I've even been looking for people who will sell my stuff for me and take a small commission.
I have to get this stuff back on eBay. I need the money too bad and it sells really well. I made a stupid mistake and got suspended- that I regret now.

-Frustrated

somebody help
Old 06-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

yes this is a usually story, unfortunately there were a number of reasons ebay caught you.

It pays to take the time to read the info on this forum thoroughly so you know how to get back on ebay and stay on there. If you dont have the time, the Stealth Book is always an option.

ebay tracks you in many ways, refer to this part of the forum http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/

One thing you did wrong was use the same pictures / listing description. Theres plenty of ways you can change your pictures and listing description, colour, font, words, language etc. + on a new account 100 items listed is a bit much and is sure to raise a red flag.

There is a business up the road from me that sells items on behalf of people via ebay, they take a certain cut ranging depending on price.

as for the rest, your going to have to get into a bit of reading . goodluck i hope you get back on eBay, remember dont rush it, make sure you know everything before you start again because you dont want to slip up and have them catch you out, patience.
Old 06-07-2008

i really do highly doubt ebay tracks the picures and wording you use in your listings.... in order for them to do so, they would need to hire someone to look at all the new listings, then compare the pictures and wording to all the million suspended users..

you can use similar/exact description without a problem. what DID get your caught was your paypal account home address AND the fact that you didnt change your ip address.
Old 06-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

eBay tracks on you just about everything, its better to be same then sorry or to take the time to get it right rather then being lazy.
Old 06-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscan View Post
eBay tracks on you just about everything, its better to be same then sorry or to take the time to get it right rather then being lazy.
well yeah i know they track just about everything.. and i do change around my description if i ever sell the same thing on two accounts, just for safety. but i thought about it for a while... and just think about it. how would ebay know that a picture from one suspended user's auction is the same one from a new user's auction. a jpg file is not the same thing, youd have to manually LOOK at the photo to make sure its the same one. that means they would have to hire THOUSANDS of people to do these pointless searches... lol
Old 06-07-2008

just so you know
ebaystealth ebook's web page is not currently up, you may want to contact aspkin if you want to buy a copy
Old 06-08-2008
Executive [VIP]

well dj believe or don't believe it, makes no difference to me.
Old 01-30-2011

Longevity: 81%

I know this is an old post but it's for further reference.

I just read your post real quick and right away i saw 2 major problems that made you stand out as RED flags to them.

1- Your IP address: You didn't change it!
2- Turbo Seller Software, that's a killer!
The Following User Says Thank You to hotsassylips For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-30-2011)
Old 01-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Oh,pod, where are you?

Can safely say the tbone has been eaten
Old 02-04-2011

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via MSN to consigcody Send a message via Yahoo to consigcody Send a message via Skype™ to consigcody

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
...the bad thing is, I sell a very unique type of product. The items I sell pretty much dominate a very small sliver of eBay, so it's hard to change the wording or the description too much. It kind of "is what it is". I'm almost tempted to take a few of these to one of these "we sell it on eBay for you" stores and let them sell a few of these for me, just to see what happens. How do those guys get around these type of problems? You know people come in all the time doing this type of thing.
The items that I'm currently trying to sell are 100% on the up-and-up, it's just that I'm trying to remove myself from my old suspended eBay account and I can't seem to shake it. I forgot to mention in my earlier post some things that may or may not be relevant: You tell me.

1) I downloaded that Turbo Seller software to my computer the day before I was suspended
2) I'm using the same pictures of the same items that I was using with the old account
3) I've logged into my "old" PayPal account from the same computer I've been logging into my "new" PayPal account.
4) I'm using the same computer I've always been using. I'm not sure how to change the IP address on my computer, or if it's even necessary. I'm on a work computer that's owned by the company and we're on a high speed DSL with about 15 computers here online all the time. I'm not too savvy on how all that works. I did clear out the cookies but maybe that wasn't enough.(?)
5) I jumped right in full speed. I posted over 100 listings within the first week. Should I have waded in slower?

6) Does anyone have any experience with these guys who sell "sellers accounts"? I've seen people who will sell you accounts all day long with 10+ feedbacks for anywhere between $35 and $70 US. I'd pay that in a heartbeat if I knew it would work. I've even been looking for people who will sell my stuff for me and take a small commission.
I have to get this stuff back on eBay. I need the money too bad and it sells really well. I made a stupid mistake and got suspended- that I regret now.

-Frustrated

somebody help
1. Never Trust Ebay Software
2.Always try to take new and valid pics
3. Once a account is gone let it be if you have to check it then use a diffrent internet source
4. follow my guide on how to change your ip http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...mins-less.html
5. always try to be as slow as possible espically if you are a "new" seller as new your not supposed to be able to use ebay