How do we avoid the 21 day paypal hold? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-05-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default How do we avoid the 21 day paypal hold?

Hi guys, i've a question for u.
There s a way for avoid a block paypal funds for 21 days?? sometimes paypal dont block funds!know you what are the reasons of this block?It s strange thing!
Thanks guys i hope in your asnwers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-05-2011

Longevity: 77%

Ciao, non c'è modo. Paypal in Italia adotta queste misure di sicurezza aggiuntive. Spero di esserti stato d'aiuto. Ciao.

Hi, there isn't! Paypal in Italy apply this kind of fraud protection. I hope that helped you. Bye.
Old 02-05-2011

Longevity: 76%

I have had some accounts place the 21 day hold.... and some never did? I always thought it was for all new accounts... Paypal wants to be sure that if the buyer doesen't receive item or is unhappy, that u will have the funds available... Usually after a month and some clean transactions and good feedback they lift the 21 day hold. but weird cuz i have 3 accts never got the 21 day hold... even from selling vero right out the gate. All funds avail immediately. I can't think of ANYTHING i did differen't on those accts either?? But... don't know of any sure fire way to avoid the 21 day hold.
Old 02-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Truthfully,,I Have seen the 21 Day hold applied and NOT Applied on Various accounts Prepared the Same EXACT Way selling the SAME Exact item,,,

So there is NO Guaranteed Method to avoid the Holds,,,I Truly Believe that The Hold IS Random to a CERTAIN Extent

)

And Honestly,,,at the end of the Day a 21 Day hold is No BIG Deal,,,as your feedback and DSR's Build the Hold will go away,,

and another thing,,,,The 21 day hold combined with Ebays 10 Item Selling Limit on New Accounts,,,,What is your rush Where are you Going?,,,

The only way that I can see that 21 Day hold Making a Difference is with a BIG Ticket item,,,or,,of Course if you are trying to make a Get-A-Way,,,If thats the Case Find yourself a NEW Forum,,because you are NOT Welcomed Here,,,

Last edited by slapped; 02-05-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2011

Longevity: 85%

You always assume the worst of people, slapped..
Old 02-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegymrat View Post
You always assume the worst of people, slapped..
Unfortunately what you said is True,,,,But what is TRULY Unfortunate is that I am Correct a VAST Majority of the Times,,

You see,,, the PLAIN Truth of it is,,,, that Ebay would not be so Hard on Sellers if it were not for the OVERWHELMING Number of Scammers out there.

Scammers have made it Really hard to sell On Ebay/Amazon.

Take a Look at how Sweet and Easy it is for Buyers to Scam Sellers,,It Happens ALL the time,,,

Don't you think Ebay could make Buyers Jump through All Kinds of Identity Verification Hoops Just like they do with Sellers if the Wanted to?

Ebay Does Not for a LOT of Reasons,,,,, and One of those Reasons is that Buyers Just DO NOT Scam Sellers often enough to make an Issue out of it,,,,,As a Seller How often have you been Scammed???,,,,Out of how Many Transactions??,,,

I Have been Scammed by Buyers 3 Times in almost 10 Years,,,, out of I Do Not even Know how many Thousands of Sales,,,See what Im Getting at?,,,

Way to Many Scammers out there,,,I want them to Understand that they have NO FRIENDS Here,,,
Old 02-06-2011

I agree, I've been scammed out of over $10K, which for me is a very large amount of money. I agree with you, but try to be a little welcoming, lol
Old 02-07-2011

Longevity: 91%

Just send your items quickly with tracking and it won't even take a week.
Old 02-08-2011
MU

Longevity: 92%

My holds is only 14 days not 21 days....Did Paypal change that for everyone else?
Old 08-06-2011
Banned

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Unfortunately what you said is True,,,,But what is TRULY Unfortunate is that I am Correct a VAST Majority of the Times,,

You see,,, the PLAIN Truth of it is,,,, that Ebay would not be so Hard on Sellers if it were not for the OVERWHELMING Number of Scammers out there.

Scammers have made it Really hard to sell On Ebay/Amazon.

Take a Look at how Sweet and Easy it is for Buyers to Scam Sellers,,It Happens ALL the time,,,

Don't you think Ebay could make Buyers Jump through All Kinds of Identity Verification Hoops Just like they do with Sellers if the Wanted to?

Ebay Does Not for a LOT of Reasons,,,,, and One of those Reasons is that Buyers Just DO NOT Scam Sellers often enough to make an Issue out of it,,,,,As a Seller How often have you been Scammed???,,,,Out of how Many Transactions??,,,

I Have been Scammed by Buyers 3 Times in almost 10 Years,,,, out of I Do Not even Know how many Thousands of Sales,,,See what Im Getting at?,,,

Way to Many Scammers out there,,,I want them to Understand that they have NO FRIENDS Here,,,
When you refer to scammers, what exactly are you talking about? People who sell items and simply do not deliver any goods?
Old 08-06-2011
Banned

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Truthfully,,I Have seen the 21 Day hold applied and NOT Applied on Various accounts Prepared the Same EXACT Way selling the SAME Exact item,,,

So there is NO Guaranteed Method to avoid the Holds,,,I Truly Believe that The Hold IS Random to a CERTAIN Extent

)

And Honestly,,,at the end of the Day a 21 Day hold is No BIG Deal,,,as your feedback and DSR's Build the Hold will go away,,

and another thing,,,,The 21 day hold combined with Ebays 10 Item Selling Limit on New Accounts,,,,What is your rush Where are you Going?,,,

The only way that I can see that 21 Day hold Making a Difference is with a BIG Ticket item,,,or,,of Course if you are trying to make a Get-A-Way,,,If thats the Case Find yourself a NEW Forum,,because you are NOT Welcomed Here,,,
I agree with this. The only reason why I am on this thread is because 3 of my selling accounts, that all have nearly 20 or over DSRs, have been hit with the 21 day hold. It really pisses me off. I guess there is no way to avoid it. However, I would like to add that it kind of is a big deal, at least to me. I put all my inventory on my credit cards and 21 days is enough for the CC company to hit me with interest when I am waiting on the cash to pay my balance. I sure wish we could avoid this. Thanks though Slapped, you are always a great source of information.

Last edited by fingerblast; 08-06-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerblast View Post
When you refer to scammers, what exactly are you talking about? People who sell items and simply do not deliver any goods?
Thats one o MANY Scams that Some Lowlife Sellers inflict on their Buyers (Victims),,,,

Thats why Ebay and Paypal want to Know with 100% certanity who the Sellers are,,and how to find them,,,
Old 08-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerblast View Post
Scammer is the other party to your transaction that attempts to succeed to give you grief.

imo, that covers a heap of sins.
Buyers that make outrageous claims.
Sellers who are on the Vatican list to become saints.
Get my drift?

Not disputing the rights of an person in any given transaction but I am of the belief an honest attempt resolution should be attempted.

Failing that......Plan D
Old 08-06-2011

The 21 day hold is getting ridiculous. I now have accounts that have been going for awhile w/out the 21 day hold and PP is starting the hold again. These are accounts w/perfect feedback and have never had a dispute opened. What is going on??
Old 08-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Well, paypal/ebay decided to change the game plan.

This is only my observation but whenever there are policy changes, amendments and notices how we are improving things for you, paypal are pulling out a dagger and sticking it to us.

Comments based on paypal trying to minimize its liabilty,loss of money. And to do that, the seller is hurt unless they work around the practise.
Old 08-06-2011

Well it sucks. I have it in place on 3 of my 7 accounts. It was on a 4th but they sent me a message saying they were stopping it a few days ago. That same day, I got messages for the other 3 accounts saying they were starting it. So to me, it seems like it's random. Especially since I have no negs or disputes....frustrating!
Old 08-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Of course. And its randomness makes it harder. I got an email telling me of this. Put it on the dart board. Throw poison tipped darts at it and curse.

But, hey, you gotta love paypal NOT.
Old 08-07-2011

Longevity: 76%

You don't have to be running from something to want to avoid the 21 day hold stuff. Some people are drop shipping. Some might not have funds for shipping.

I'm like others though. I have no clue how the 21 day hold stuff is determined. Some accounts 21 day hold. Other accounts money available right away. Maybe its random or perhaps something I'm doing in the sign up process is making it less random.
Old 08-07-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 73%

one of my stealth accounts just lifted off the 21` day hold this week, for me it took about 2 months of selling without filing a refund or buyer complaints. I completely understand with some members shrug the 21 day hold since you are in the mercy of the buyers, for example if u sell a $1500 laptop and u ship it with tracking with signature confirmation. the buyer may say he did'nt recieve the item, and paypal will surely side with the buyer even u have all the evidence the item was shipped there, thats the way paypal does things, paypal does not side with the seller since the seller will always be there since we are dependent on there service. Without the 21 day hold you can immediately withdraw the balance to your bank account and take the money out of the bank. I rather lose 1 eBay Stealth account than losing a $1500.
Old 08-25-2011

how quickly after you recieve payment on PP do they put your account on the 21 day hold? I do not sell alot on ebay at all maybe 1 or 2 items a year so them 'holding' my money would be very very annoying..
Old 08-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

@BadMilk, so you read the thread and you've searched the forum? No? I dont think so.

A hold will happen at any time, for any amount. It's paypal. Learn to expect that

Most recent time I heard lately was 11 mintues!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2011

I have been reading the forum rather diligently and couldn't find a clear answer on what the average time was or if there was a pattern, I guess the reason why I was unable to find a pattern is because there isn't one. Thanks for the info!

Also is paypal as prudent with accounts that are not linked to ebay? If I just have an account that people use for payments on other places on the web will PP be as sensitive?

Thank you again!