How many ebay notices does it take to get suspended? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 02-09-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default How many ebay notices does it take to get suspended?

To all the experienced ebay users out there

I was wondering how many ebay notices does it take before being suspended permanently?

Do these notices have to be of the same type?

Recently I received notices/warnings for linking my listing to my website?

Do they just suspend you permanently or do they give you a chance?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-10-2011

Longevity: 82%

Hi dpet,

Welcome to the forum.

As I have never received a notice for outside ebay links, I'm not sure.

But it might be advisable not to do it anymore.

I guess you could simply ask them. Or perhaps it's in the rules somewhere, try searching in the site map.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge in this dept will help you with this.
Old 02-10-2011

Longevity: 90%

you will get 3 different notice depends on the way of doing.

4th one you need to pack your bags and move to the new account, if using stealth account.
The Following User Says Thank You to boosters For This Useful Post:
dpet (02-11-2011)
Old 02-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

First off,,,,It is AGAINST Ebay Policy to set up a Listing which Contains a Link to your Website,,,That is Why you Got that Particular Notice,,,

as for your Question,,,It all Depends on what YOU are Doing,,,If you are selling something that Ebay feels is Risky or Dangerous you can get the Boot IMMEDIALY even BEFORE you get a Policy Violation

Other things like Linking to a Harmless external Website might take 2 or 3 Instances before you get the boot,,,it all Depends,,,,There is No set Formula for a Lot of it,,it is up to whoever Reviews it,,,

An Example would be Your Website Link,,,If you Linked a Listing with a Website that sells Cookies it would be Looked at one way,,,,However if you linked to a Websites looking to Raise Money to Fund a Terrorist attack it would be Looked at TOTALY Different,,,

The first example ends up with you getting a Policy Violation (Warning),,,,

The other ends up with you in Handcuffs going for a ride "Downtown",,,

See the Difference,,,,
Old 02-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - I would post a response but Slapped (as usual) is $ on the answer.

All the best.
Old 02-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys for your responses.

The external link in question is to my private website, pretty much an external shopping cart. I was wondering if I did it again would I be booted permantly or just suspended for a while.

1. So if I get 20 over listings pulled does that count as one?
Am I skating on thin ice here? or is there room to push it a bit more

2. I had done this for over a year then all of a sudden bamm listing violation notices,
Wonder what the problem is all of a sudden.

3. Tried asking ebay customer service, cant get a straight answer from them. Is there some specific email I can write to for complaints?

4. What period of time do you get suspended for?

Thanks to all in advance. This place is a wealth of knowledge

Cheers
Old 02-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to forums. First - you have not said what you were selling so what is it?

1. Each series of pulls on same day usually counts as one. Yes you are skating on thin ice.

2. Doing something for a year does not mean you are immune forever. Problem can be anything from an agent doing manual review to someone reporting you.

3. No specific email I know of - maybe google or other folx will chime in but that's asking for a solution to your business model and whatever works for other people may not work for you.

4. Did you get an email stating the period of suspension? If not - you are likely suspended permanently.

All the best as you work through this.
Old 02-11-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

The only way you can list your website on ebay listings is if you have a Prostore, but you can't say things like "DO NOT BID! Please purchase item from store linked below!"
Old 02-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Seems like the competition has it in for me, all of a sudden im getting 0 feedback buyers lodging item not received and not as described cases and negatives fb. They say they have picked up item and paid cash. How low does dsr have to fall before Im out for good. It seems like quite a sopisticated operation, i guess I stepped on few toes
Looks like ill be out any moment any suggestions?
Old 02-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpet View Post
Seems like the competition has it in for me, all of a sudden im getting 0 feedback buyers lodging item not received and not as described cases and negatives fb. They say they have picked up item and paid cash. How low does dsr have to fall before Im out for good. It seems like quite a sopisticated operation, i guess I stepped on few toes
Looks like ill be out any moment any suggestions?
I Do Not think that Ebay will buy that when the Time Comes,,,I'll Bet that those buyers do not live close to you,,,

Geo Location thru IP Addresses iv VERY Accurate these Days,,Ebay will have a VERY good idea just how far the Buyer and seller live apart from each other,,,
and if my guess is correct,,,its an open and Shut case,,,