busted - MC010 Verify ID - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default busted - MC010 Verify ID

MC010 Notice: eBay Account Limited-Verify Identity-macy******

Dear mac***rob (macy****@yahoo.com),

Thank you for selling on eBay. To maintain a safe and secure online marketplace, eBay may require additional verification for newer sellers from time to time. Your listings have been placed on hold until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact eBay within the next 48 hours at the link below. You may be asked to sign in:
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP8...eLVis&Format=1

You can always sign in safely on the eBay home page first before using the Contact Us link above.

We appreciate your cooperation in verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a valued member of our trading community.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

-------------------------

ok i made that account today and i tried selling 30 minutes later.
After my first listing - my account got limited.

LOL - so then ebay says call them to verify my identity.
I was kind of scared since this ebay was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and my legit account is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ too.

I tried using my same information from the first ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account.

Well anyways i called them and they asked me who i was and i said my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name.

Then they asked how may I help you.
I explained that i was told that i can make multiple Ebay ID's with the same information.

So they said we will re instate your account once you can verify this questionare from public records.

Right there and then i knew i was busted because all my account is ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
So i winged it and I answered no to all the questions.
Example : county i lived in. City's and other location verification questions.

AND I PASSED !!!!

I was so happy so they re instated my New Ebay ID.
I then asked how many Ebay ID's can i have to a paypal.

They said its unlimited but dont try to make too many if im trying to avoid the sellers limit. If they see that im trying to avoid the limit they will take action vs all the accounts linked.

Anyways thats my experience and hope this can serve to anyone about ebay and calling them to verify your identity. If everything is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ answer no to all the questions and you will be re instated. xD
The Following User Says Thank You to siccspitz For This Useful Post:
WasTopRatedThenBanned (01-31-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-31-2011

Longevity: 77%

I'm happy to hear you passed! ^_^

I'm going to create another ebay account because I hit the 500 limit almost the same day I create account lol
Old 01-31-2011
Threadstarter  

yea it felt great and i felt all mighty and powerful since i have all stealth.
I learned how to stealth from the ebook but my subscription expired.

I felt nervous since i thought the call was probably recorded
Old 02-01-2011

Longevity: 76%

Same here, to pass i just answered no to the 2 questions they asked, played it cool, joked about "nah man ive lived here my whole life(my whole 20 min of made up life)" and he reinststed it. Meanwhile my friend got one her questions wrong on what was supposed to be a legit acount and they hit it with the, send us id and utility bill crap.
Old 02-02-2011

I passed on mine to!!! BUT.... I have a zero selling limit now, I will just have to call them tomorrow and get it fixed.
Old 02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by siccspitz View Post
I then asked how many Ebay ID's can i have to a paypal.

They said its unlimited but dont try to make too many if im trying to avoid the sellers limit. If they see that im trying to avoid the limit they will take action vs all the accounts linked.
1 question bro. So they told you, you can have unlimed ebay accounts or paypal accounts or both? please explain further. Thanks, this will help a lot of member's if we have a clear answer.
Old 02-08-2011
Threadstarter  

unlimited ebay User names attached to one paypal account

999 EBAY accounts ----> one paypal

naturally all ebay accounts are linked since mine said welcome XXX ur logged into your YYY account ....
Old 02-08-2011

All stealth accts just answer NO to the questions they ask... The only real question i ever received was what is your phone number... Passing the id check is a joke!! It's all made up info on the stealth acct so there is NO public profile on Jack MeOff and Mike Hunt.... I have passed 5 for 5 out of my last 12 accts for the id check... 5 got MC010 Notice: eBay Account Limited-Verify Identity.... I got Patrick 3 times (he's cool)... and on the 3rd time he recognized my voice and i got him to (after a bit of humor and b.s.) to "loosen" up a bit.... He is cool and could care less.... He told me that 1st... any new accts that list Vero etc get reviewed before going live... If you open an account and start listing like crazy... your crazy!! SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then he told me even if it's a normal account and selling some old clothing and baby rattles they still do random MC010 Notice: eBay Account Limited-Verify Identity checks... He didn't know the ratio... Also he kinda sorta, more or less..lol told me that quite often the public generated questions.....the answers will all be none of the above.... which tells me he knew the deal!!! Ebay knows with new tax laws etc that sellers will be opening new accounts....

Also... spoke with Josh at Paypal... He is a supervisor with the power to lift limitations on the spot... got some info from him..(almost got his personal cell number!!).. If you try to Pay Aliexpress/Dhgate and the rest of the gammit for quality and legitimate and authentic items (ehem) you can expect LIMITATION asap.... Don't do it!! Don't ever BUY your items using Paypal!! Just a heads up... I'm making friends and getting as much info as possible.... Hope this helps somebody!! I've had 37 accts!!! 18 active and doing good thanks to this and other sites!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cvcmarketing For This Useful Post:
bronwyn (02-10-2011), classylady71 (08-12-2011), cygnusx1 (02-13-2011), hotsassylips (02-08-2011), madmuppet303 (02-08-2011), mrlilypad (02-22-2011), OfficialGenius (02-08-2011), stevesokol21 (02-09-2011)
Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Good reporting cvcmarketing - we'll see how your contributions go but your recommendations are true with regards to eb ay and pa yp al since few others have similar experiences.
Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

let me get this right...for example they asked you where you lived and you said no?
and then passed...
Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by siccspitz View Post
ok i made that account today and i tried selling 30 minutes later.
This says everything.
Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Hey there imjustme,

Been awhile - how's things been going?
Old 02-08-2011

Longevity: 78%

Hey guys,

I just received this notice myself. eb ay is asking me to call them at their toll free number, however, I live in Canada and my account states that I live in the U.S. Does anybody know how I would go about calling them without them seeing my #? I set-up a forwarding account that gave me a U.S. phone number but this only allows them to call me, not the other way around.
Old 02-08-2011

Longevity: 79%

Try SpoofCard - Caller ID Spoofing, Voice Changing & Call Recording | Prank Calls. It allows you to make whatever number you'd like to appear on the caller ID of whoever you are calling. There's a small fee... but it worked for me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kris For This Useful Post:
bronwyn (02-10-2011), schaffer84 (02-08-2011)
Old 02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
Try SpoofCard - Caller ID Spoofing, Voice Changing & Call Recording | Prank Calls. It allows you to make whatever number you'd like to appear on the caller ID of whoever you are calling. There's a small fee... but it worked for me!
Wow, I will try that! Thanks a bunch for the info!!
Old 02-08-2011

Hello, i just want to add that 2 weeks ago i created an account using somebody elses real info. then i started to sell some products. the next day i got hit with one of their notices that said i couldnt sell anymore because they needed to verify some info so i needed to call them. so i called and they asked me are you this person i said yes. then he said. ok to verify tell me how tall you are.

after that he told me he was going to let me sell 25 items per month and if i wanted to sell more i have to call back after a month.

I hope this helps.

one question.

since i am new i dont know much about it.

but how would you act about this situation.

i want to sell alot more than 25 items per month. so should i call and request a higher selling limit, or should i take it easy?

THANKS!
Old 02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaffer84 View Post
Hey guys,

I just received this notice myself. eb ay is asking me to call them at their toll free number, however, I live in Canada and my account states that I live in the U.S. Does anybody know how I would go about calling them without them seeing my #? I set-up a forwarding account that gave me a U.S. phone number but this only allows them to call me, not the other way around.
well it doesnt matter what line you call them from. i have called them from previously suspended numbers. they have no idea. its been ok for me.
Old 02-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

@learningthis...welcome to the forums.

Your statement:

want to add that 2 weeks ago i created an account using somebody elses real info

is a bit dangerous way to operate.
Old 02-09-2011

this person is a family member. and is the only one left in my family that i didnt use their name to create an account and sell. this was before i knew about this forum of course.

can you tell me why it is a bit difficult to operate?

i think it could be easier since everything is authentic.

i am using same ip all the time. i dont see why it is dangerous
Old 02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningthis View Post
this person is a family member. and is the only one left in my family that i didnt use their name to create an account and sell. this was before i knew about this forum of course.

can you tell me why it is a bit difficult to operate?

i think it could be easier since everything is authentic.

i am using same ip all the time. i dont see why it is dangerous
@learningthis,
You have A LOT of research that you need to do! Have you ever read anything on this site in regards to linking IP addresses?

If you are using the same ip address that was used with a suspended account, your new account(s) WILL be suspended. This is a fact.

BTW, were your family members aware that you were using their info?
Old 02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakemoney View Post
let me get this right...for example they asked you where you lived and you said no?
and then passed...
I want to know about this too. Just answer "NO" to whatever they ask?
Old 02-10-2011

i have multiple accounts as well but were tired of phone verification and all those blocks you get when you want to sell and get limited. they asked for documents as well.

i still have those accounts active.

then i went to europe for more than a year. that is when i got disconnected from the ebay world and this forum.

so now that im back in the usa. i wanted to sell but this time i decided to use real info to sell legit products.

i believe i did my homework long time ago but i ve been away for more than a year and i want to know what has changed since then.

for example at that time I used simonaccounts to create my stealth accounts. but i believe they dont work anymore.

Thanks for your advice. it is much appreciated. i know this forum is very helpful from before.

so if somebody could point out to me any major policy change by ebay that affect the way i used to create stealth accounts.

i still have like 7 accounts that are 1 year old some with feedback but some got hit with vero notices as well.

so is there anything i should be aware of? any changes since the end of 2009 (this is when i created my last stealth account and went to europe. i came back in 2011)

THANKS
Closed Thread