Limit velocity reached - 30 day hold? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-12-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Limit velocity reached - 30 day hold?

Hello,

I have already posted this dilemma in an alternative thread, but it was titled "policy warning notice." I figured creating a new one relative to my subject would do it justice.

Anyways, here's my problem. I sell Software on Amazon.com... My account has only been active for about 10 days or so and I just recently began selling a crap load of product.

When I initially started selling, it was all great. My biggest concern was the 14 day waiting period and actually having the time to run to the bank (lol). Now, my concerns have escalated to worrying about "time," "the 14 day hold," and now an "account review!"

Here is the email I recently received:

Hello from Amazon.

We are writing to let you know that we are conducting a review of your selling account. During this review, your funds will be temporarily reserved in your Marketplace Payments account.

We conduct account reviews in support of our commitment to improving the customer experience. These reviews are intended to ensure the timely shipment of orders and compliance with our selling policies.

Please continue to fulfill orders and list only items that you are able to ship by or before the promise date.

For information on how you may be able to expedite this review, search on “Velocity Limits and Account Reviews” in our seller Help.

We will notify you via e-mail when our account review is complete.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

After I received this email, I was in shock!

I didn't know what to do! After reading so many horror stories about Amazon unlawfully stealing seller's money and closing their accounts, I was in dire need of consolation. So, I turned to Aspkin. This website has really helped me cope with the fear of losing my account and my funds. Thank you!

As for staying on topic, what do you guy's think of the following email? It's been nearly 3 days since the initial statement and I'm assuming it'll be a 30 day review.

I have 1 positive feedback, with several other members promising to fulfill my requests as well.

Here's my main question: Do you think my account will be reinstated after 30 days with only 1-5 feedback's? Or will they extend upon the 30 days until I acquire a more established seller background?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Software is a high risk category so that might cause you to fail the review but yes getting a couple feedbacks could possibly save your account but overall nothing guaranteed best way to combat this is to have multiple stealth accounts.
Old 02-17-2011

I tried listing one software item on Amazon, and it told me it was restricted and I couldn't. What's the trick?
Old 02-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

There is no real trick missi - you need to be authorized from Am az on to sell, end point.

By building feedback and solid cred on Am az on (6 months+) then you can APPLY - does not mean you will get authorized but only then do you stand a chance. Other folx will chime in on their experience I guess.
Old 02-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
There is no real trick missi - you need to be authorized from Am az on to sell, end point.

By building feedback and solid cred on Am az on (6 months+) then you can APPLY - does not mean you will get authorized but only then do you stand a chance. Other folx will chime in on their experience I guess.
On one account with 120 feedbacks after 3 months, I applied for most of the restricted catagories, and suprisingly was approved. It's all in the wording, and sincerity of the additional comments section of the application that will get you the green light. It also helped that all my feedbacks were well written personal thanks from my buyers, and even a few of them wrote Amazon directly to sing my praises.

Boy it nice to be back on Amazon. I pretty much abandoned my ebay/paypal accounts even though they are all in excellent standing.
Old 02-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

@cherrgell, how did you have success in getting your buyers to post their feedback? If you don't feel like posting, you can PM. Just learning what works for diff peoplez.
Old 02-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
@cherrgell, how did you have success in getting your buyers to post their feedback? If you don't feel like posting, you can PM. Just learning what works for diff peoplez.
Basically I bug the crap out of them. Its a very fine line between being pushy and sincere. You just have to be creative.
Old 02-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Good stuff - I hear you on the fine line.
Old 02-17-2011
Threadstarter  

I currently sell TechSmith's Camtasia Studio 7 and SnagIt 10. As far as I know, these categories are "unrestricted" and are allowed to be listed within from any member. There isn't much competition, as I offer the best prices on Amazon. I believe this is one of the reasons my account went under review in the first place.

Anyhow, first 2 weeks we sold $3,000 worth of $30 and $90 products.

Got this message from Amazon yesterday:

Hello from Amazon.com.

This message is to inform you that we have removed the account review from your seller account and will instead hold funds from your sales in temporary reserve in your Amazon Payments Account for 14 days after an item is sold. You will now be able to disburse funds from sales 14 days or older which have been confirmed as shipped.

Please know this is not necessarily a negative reflection of your selling history. This action is taken regularly on marketplace selling accounts across the Amazon.com platform, particularly where sales volumes or inventory levels are not supported by sufficient buyer feedback and account history.

For more information about account reserves, see:

Help > Selling at Amazon.com > Getting Paid > Marketplace Payments FAQ > What is a Reserve Amount?

This holding period is a very important security requirement and is intended to ensure the successful completion of marketplace transactions. Reserves are necessary to cover potential buyer disputes via the A-to-z Guarantee program or credit card chargebacks.

We will review this holding period in 60 days, and you will be notified via e-mail when the reserve has expired. Thank you for selling on Amazon.com.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

After this message was posted, a concern instantly sparked in my brain... If my account goes under review again for a velocity limit, what will happen next?

Last edited by BestBuyz; 02-17-2011 at 12:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BestBuyz For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (02-17-2011)
Old 02-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

the more reviews the better! each one u pass allows more and more sales.

open more accts. the 60 days will pass soon enough. I had the 60 day thing on a year old acct with over 100fb.

you'll be aite.
Old 02-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig View Post
the more reviews the better! each one u pass allows more and more sales.

open more accts. the 60 days will pass soon enough. I had the 60 day thing on a year old acct with over 100fb.

you'll be aite.
So let me ask you this... do you think Amazon increased my velocity limit to $3,000? Or is it still stuck at $750?
Old 02-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

imo - if u did 3k and pass the review, then 3k it is. (or more)
The Following User Says Thank You to trig For This Useful Post:
BestBuyz (02-17-2011)
Old 02-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig View Post
imo - if u did 3k and pass the review, then 3k it is. (or more)
Thanks a lot for your humble opinion

A little nervous about sellling another $3,000 in the upcoming weeks. Afraid maybe my account will go under review once again... I'm just a worry wart!
Old 02-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I usually send out a friendly reminder in regards to feedback the day their item is supposed to be delivered.

Here it is... hopefully it helps:

Good day!

This is just a friendly message requesting feedback in regards to your most recent purchase from Blah Blah. We would like to know if you're happy with your purchase and if it fulfilled the desired level of satisfaction you expect. If there are any issues whatsoever with the product you recently purchased, please contact us immediately so we may resolve the matter in a timely fashion.

Thank you again for your purchase and we hope you choose Blah Blah for your software programs in the near future.

XXDXX XXXDXX- Blah Blah Industries
The Following User Says Thank You to BestBuyz For This Useful Post:
tvu123 (10-20-2013)