paypal wants their money because I messed up - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-15-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default paypal wants their money because I messed up

hey i just a letter from collection house limited. it says i owe paypal $527 and if i don't pay i think they are going to take me to court. this says what will happen if i fail to pay the amount due.

In the event that you fail, refuse or neglect to pay the debt on or before 21/01/2008, we will seek our cilent's instructions to commence or continue legal proceeding against you for the recovery of ;-

1. the outstanding amount,

2. interest theron at the rate prescribed from time to time under the supreme court act, calculated and charged from the date of default and coutinuing until payment; and

3 legal costs (including professional costs, court filing fees and process serving fees), without further notice to you

now i don't think i can avoid this as well coz i used my real information for this paypal account and im under aged which will make this even worst. looks no more paypal for me unless i use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-16-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by savahaganda View Post
I think you will be ok... dont even pay them... I use to get letters like that...

what I do is

write "DECEASED" and "RETURN TO SENDER" black out your mailing info and send it back to them... that is just a scare letter... believe me, I grew up in the ghetto, a slum in chicago... that is how poor folks do it...
are you sure coz i don't want to be screwed by this remember i used my real information and im under aged
Old 01-16-2008

Its most likely just a scare. And if your under age they would be suing your guardian and not you.
Old 01-16-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavaja View Post
are you sure coz i don't want to be screwed by this remember i used my real information and im under aged
If your under age they cant sue you or collect debt on a minor. also Paypal isnt going to do anything.
Old 01-16-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
If your under age they cant sue you or collect debt on a minor. also Paypal isnt going to do anything.
how do you know paypal isn't going to do anything. i guess it is only like 500 aud but still
Old 01-16-2008

Quote:
how do you know paypal isn't going to do anything. i guess it is only like 500 aud but still

Old 01-16-2008

I also received a letter like this a couple years ago. They also called me asking for the money...I said it wasn't me and that I had never had a paypal account and after that I never heard from them again. Oh and when they callled they were offering me to only pay half of the money owed and they would write the rest off.
Old 01-16-2008

Longevity: 95%

FYI-Ebay sent my moms acct(i used it + got suspended) to collections, I transferred her mail to my pobox,
--recd a collection letter from a company in st cloud mn, looked like fingerhut, but it wasnt, a collection co... that was in september..nothing since.
Old 01-16-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by savahaganda View Post
I think you will be ok... dont even pay them... I use to get letters like that...

what I do is

write "DECEASED" and "RETURN TO SENDER" black out your mailing info and send it back to them... that is just a scare letter... believe me, I grew up in the ghetto, a slum in chicago... that is how poor folks do it...

Can that get you out of a lawsuit, too when they send the court document and they don't do signature required since you can just not answer your door or pick it up but they do certified no signature required.

Thing is, what if you already opened the letter? Then the Post Office doesn't send it back.

Also can it get you out of Jury Duty, too?
Old 01-16-2008
Banned

Quote:
because if you can read what I just wrote then you question would have been answered. How old are you actually?? Can you read?
Old 01-16-2008

There are many ways to get out of jury duty, you can play like your bias or racist.
Old 01-16-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
because if you can read what I just wrote then you question would have been answered. How old are you actually?? Can you read?
well im 15 and yes i can read lolz
Old 01-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
There are many ways to get out of jury duty, you can play like your bias or racist.
Just ignore it. I haven't done jury duty in 15 years and counting. They are NOT paying me enough to do the job of some over-paid, overstuff lawyers who want jurors to read over 1000's of pages of litigation crap, or whatnot. Let them do the sitting and reading over documents. They get between $500-$1000 an hour to **** people around. The courts don't pay enough for me to revolve my life around trials. I toss out those invites all the time like mail spam. **** 'em!

All an American has to do in this country is pay their rent and taxes. Period. This ain't the Draft of the 1960's. That's my only obligation to the government: death and taxes. The rest is my business.
Old 01-16-2008
Banned

Jury duty is part of your civil duties. How would you feel if you were on trial and everyone thought the same way
Old 01-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

PayPal sent me a similar letter but like all the other letters I receive from various collectors I ignore them and nothing has happened to me so far.

I can't give them what I don't have……plain and simple.

My credit is already in the toilet, has been for the last 14 months when I lost my job. Got evicted last October, had to move in with my Sister.

I'm working a temp job now but I'm barely covering my bills, sure I owe PayPal some money but they must me smoking crack if they think I'm going to pay the especially since I was banned from eBay and PayPal.

Screw em
Old 01-25-2008
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Lisa B, how long ago was it that they sent you the letter?
Old 01-25-2008

Longevity: 96%

Owe Paypal monet for what? Other than a chargeback after you emptied an account I'm stumped at how you could owe Paypal.
Old 01-26-2008
Banned

Quote:
Jury duty is part of your civil duties. How would you feel if you were on trial and everyone thought the same way
I would want only the people not smart enough to get out of jury duty at my trail. If they are stupid enough to go to jury duty, odds are they will find not understand the case and find me not guilty.
Old 01-26-2008
Banned

Lisa B,

Drop me a private message if you need a ebay seller account to use. Don't know if it will work for you if you are selling VERO, or how long it would last, but you never know.
Just make sure you understand the few important things is to change IP address and clear all cookies in firefox, alter your title description if selling VERO or banned items and don't link to any suspended ebay/paypal accounts.
Old 01-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Koala - PayPal sent me the letter in late December.

DogFace - All I know is when the chargebacks were made against me last year, I had no money in any of my accounts and I don't know who/what/when/how got paid for the items I never had the chance to ship out or what really happened. I never bothered opening my emails from eBay or PayPal and thanks to this forum, I realize now that eBay/PayPal could track me via my IP addy if I had opened any of those emails on my old email account.

At the time I wasn't concerned about what was going on with my eBay/PayPal account, those clowns were the least of my worries. I was at an all time low…unemployed, getting evicted, tossed all my belongings (including my computer & stuff I sold on eBay) in my storage and moved in with my Sister and depressed.

I want to start selling on eBay again and have to use my work computer to set up a new eBay and PayPal account.

We'll see.........
Old 01-28-2008

Lisa:
You can do it! We all did, Just visit the Forum daily to get the latest SCOOP..
Best of Luck
Old 01-28-2008
Threadstarter  

zzz i will just pay them coz for some reason it went to 725 bucks grrr f**kin paypal