Canceled orders - Do they count towards Velocity Limit? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Canceled orders - Do they count towards Velocity Limit?

Recently I've had many canceled orders on multiple accounts selling the same item. A few of these canceled orders are from the same person for more than one account (you can view the name of the person who ordered and then canceled under Orders - canceled orders - contact) I find this strange as it seems to be intentional and I have a couple questions.

1. Does this hurt your account if someone orders (adds to cart) then cancels the order.

2. Do canceled orders count towards your Velocity limit? (When logging into your Seller Account, view Seller Performance and there are two totals in different columns. Total orders ($) and Total orders shipped ($). The canceled orders do fall into total orders, but under the orders shipped the total is different (canceled orders do not show up). I have a few accounts with total orders reaching my Velocity limits, but in the Orders Shipped Column my velocity limit has NOT been reached, with some accounts not being reached by $300 - $400 worth of canceled orders.

Any advice/info on this subject would be appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIALnERROR View Post
Recently I've had many canceled orders on multiple accounts selling the same item. A few of these canceled orders are from the same person for more than one account (you can view the name of the person who ordered and then canceled under Orders - canceled orders - contact) I find this strange as it seems to be intentional and I have a couple questions.

1. Does this hurt your account if someone orders (adds to cart) then cancels the order.

2. Do canceled orders count towards your Velocity limit? (When logging into your Seller Account, view Seller Performance and there are two totals in different columns. Total orders ($) and Total orders shipped ($). The canceled orders do fall into total orders, but under the orders shipped the total is different (canceled orders do not show up). I have a few accounts with total orders reaching my Velocity limits, but in the Orders Shipped Column my velocity limit has NOT been reached, with some accounts not being reached by $300 - $400 worth of canceled orders.

Any advice/info on this subject would be appreciated.
As long as they cancelled before you get a ship now notice from Amazon, the cancellation will not show up in your metrics. If YOU cancel after you get a ship to notice, it will be held against you.

Dont know how this would affect velocity limit, but as long as the payment is not processed, i believe it will not count against the $$$ limit.
Old 02-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Cherrgell has stated it correctly - will not count unless YOU do the cancelling.
Old 02-19-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 82%

Thanks guys!