paypal Unable to verify social security number - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-23-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default paypal Unable to verify social security number

I added ssn to account and paypal is giving a message
Unable to verify social security number please make sure number is correct and resubmit
This is bs because I know the numbers are correct im typing in. its been 3 days. how can I fix this? heeeeelp.
Account is several years old and info is real just started selling on it a month ago..have $2,000 in the account.
any get round to submit this ssn?
The Following User Says Thank You to bmwsouthside For This Useful Post:
vitamingal (02-21-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-23-2010
Threadstarter  

this is bs because they also removed my bank account . these people are slick.
Old 09-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Phone them. If the system is bucking real info you need to talk to someone. They are helpful sometimes, believe it or not
Old 09-24-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I second what pod says
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

The paypal system would not accept ssn.
They finally accepted it over the phone and restored access to the account with about $1700 in it. still holding funds for items not delivered yet which sucks.
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Default ACCOUNT IS FINALLY RESTORED WITH $1700 in it

There was some very strange things going on with my account and I will list them here so you all can benefit from this.
Paypal Account was suspended on about sep 17th. This account is in a relatives name. all info is legit as he put it in. all items we sell are authentic legitimate (vero-meaning name brand items that are sold at malls) we do not sell knockoffs. 08 account. no selling history at all. bought 4 items. I started selling at a fast rate and got limited after I did 4th withdrawal. 1200 was in account at that time when suspended.
when I logged into the account I noticed another bank account number had been added. it was my same bank but account number I didnt recognize. I called paypal and didnt have correct bank account number she said so I logged in and gave them the number that was there.(not my bank account number but i figured i could change it whenever so i wasnt worried.) after talking to them they gave me list which i supplied documents but blacked out all personal info. I didnt even send the real receipt I sent other documents from where I bought (good to know). they send an email a day later we received documents. it takes a day for them to get a fax they say! They refused to release the suspension on first phone call. then they send me another email saying they need tracking for 4 more items. i sent that too then I called second time a day later and talked to another person in limitation dept. she asked some questions I gave him some good answers. he said no at first then i talked to him some more and HE ADDED MY SSN manually because the system wouldnt accept it. then he gave me full access to the account without waiting for anything else.
They are really pushing for ssn, I tried not to give it but had to to get the account restored. once he got the ssn he restored it and didnt even want the tracking numbers anymore. he also said dont get any disputes or they will limit it again. so if you have a problem delivering goods just refund it before they file a dispute. DO NOT GET DISPUTES! THE DISPUTES WILL GET YOU KILLED! I rather take a negative than dispute. Papal is concerned with tems not delivered.
more notes about this thats good to know.
I made a mistake and did not log of a few times with a suspended account and ip. thats why I was nervous they would link them..but from then on I noticed the mistake I created another ip and I logged in on same ip and new username everyday for 5 days straight until they restored the account. I went ahead and listed items as usual but nothing valuable. they like for you to be at the same place. they like same computer, same ip, same consistent behavior to stay under the radar.
I will add more to this If I THINK OF MORE DETAILS. HOPE THAT HELPS SOME OF YOU.

Do you think paypal added another bank account number to my account?
they have been known to add your suspended bank account number to another account it is very common and they want you to confirm it. its a trick.
but I didnt recognize the account and added my original account and withdrew the money. I didnt want to delete the account number that wasnt mine before i withdrew because it was already confirmed. I already sent the money to my original account and now im going to delete the other. sound off people.

Last edited by bmwsouthside; 09-25-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2011

Longevity: 76%

I have a question that hopefully somebody can help me with..

Once you make a new PP/EBay account, how long and how much money in sales can you get before PP requires you to submit SSN information?
I ask because some big users here have 10+ accounts, so each account needs a unique SSN if verified, correct? But you can only link PP to one SSN, so what do you do in this case?

On a side note, my "other" PayPal I had for about 6 months and had over 3k in sales.. sold legitimate items and didnt get into disputes so didn't get many PP limitations -- I did give SSN but it was using my mom's information.

If somebody can help, please do!
Old 02-21-2011

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 85%

bmwsouthside: How much did you withdrawn when you got limited?
Old 02-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsouthside View Post
There was some very strange things going on with my account and I will list them here so you all can benefit from this.
Paypal Account was suspended on about sep 17th.
Perhaps your account got hijacked? I dont think paypal would "add" personal information just to trick you. There are alot of variables going on here to to come to a concrete conclusion.
Old 02-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapajenn1 View Post
I have a question that hopefully somebody can help me with..

Once you make a new PP/EBay account, how long and how much money in sales can you get before PP requires you to submit SSN information?
I ask because some big users here have 10+ accounts, so each account needs a unique SSN if verified, correct? But you can only link PP to one SSN, so what do you do in this case?

On a side note, my "other" PayPal I had for about 6 months and had over 3k in sales.. sold legitimate items and didnt get into disputes so didn't get many PP limitations -- I did give SSN but it was using my mom's information.

If somebody can help, please do!

I dont add ssn.
I start slow and sell a little at a time. stay away from Nike, Coach, Gucci, or any highly counterfeited items.
I have not been asked for ssn lately on 5 new accounts.
Old 02-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mine View Post
it wasnt an issue about withdrawing amount.
I was using different log ins and forgot to log off. they linked 2 accounts and suspended both.
Old 02-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mine View Post
safe amount to withdraw is under 500 per day from what I read. I always push it harder.
Old 02-22-2011

I started an account of totally ficticious info but did carefully and as it should be done. I started slow over a year ago and have sold 45k this past year. Still no SS has been asked for. I really feel I am operating on borrowed time as I am always transfering 1000-2000 into my bank.
Old 02-22-2011

Default 2011 NEW Tax Laws/PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmoney View Post
I started an account of totally ficticious info but did carefully and as it should be done. I started slow over a year ago and have sold 45k this past year. Still no SS has been asked for. I really feel I am operating on borrowed time as I am always transfering 1000-2000 into my bank.
This is a very important question that big sellers like you should consider. With the new 2011 Tax Laws, PayPal/Ebay REQUIRES users with over $20,000 and 200 transactions (both requirements fulfilled) to report to IRS via 1099-K.

If you have 45k+ in sales for the year, you will definitely be hit with the 1099-K reporting.. What will you do, close the account and not report? Or will the IRS get on your butt and find out the bank account that all the money was moved to (paper-trail)?

The 1099-K is a big precedent that will change the way we do things..
link: www.paypal.com/irs
Old 02-22-2011

I know it is a matter of time before I get shut down because of the dollar volume. I guess I will shut down and move on. I do run this as a business and report 100% of the money taken in, so if the IRS comes looking I will at least be able to show where the income was reported.

It is tuff doing things with multiple accounts as you want to create a following of buyers as well as get built up to a top rated seller to get a 20% discount on fees. To do all of this you need to do volume and this is a problem.
Old 02-22-2011

I finally read the new propsed limit of 20k and am thinking maybe I can get by providing my business EIN as it has never been used on ebay like my ss has been in banned accounts. This may be the loophole for us. Very simple to get an EIN and run as a business which may work out??
Old 02-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I know it is a matter of time before I get shut down because of the dollar volume. I guess I will shut down and move on. I do run this as a business and report 100% of the money taken in, so if the IRS comes looking I will at least be able to show where the income was reported.

It is tuff doing things with multiple accounts as you want to create a following of buyers as well as get built up to a top rated seller to get a 20% discount on fees. To do all of this you need to do volume and this is a problem.
Ebay is not a volume business anymore in my opinion. You must spread out items over several accounts to do anything worthwhile. too much too soon will get you limited every time. actually they dont seem to care anymore since the 10 item $500 month rule. I can sell anything because I can only hit them up for $500 month on each account. thats nothing for us who sell higher end electronics. maybe its me but seems like less scrutiny on what you sell since its only 10 items.
Old 02-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I finally read the new propsed limit of 20k and am thinking maybe I can get by providing my business EIN as it has never been used on ebay like my ss has been in banned accounts. This may be the loophole for us. Very simple to get an EIN and run as a business which may work out??
pm me for thoughts on that
Old 04-08-2011

Longevity: 82%

I read somewhere that they may just repeal the whole thing this month . I Dont quote me..
also just say it all gets abolished. What if pay pal still wants ssn to accept payments.? they need to start a website so you can accept money orders!!!

Last edited by beaches; 04-08-2011 at 01:01 PM.