Another Fine Ebay Selling Moment--You gotta Love it!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-16-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Another Fine Ebay Selling Moment--You gotta Love it!!!

I just had to share this one with everyone...has anyone else had this so blatently happen???

Get home today to an email from ebay and paypal. I haven't sold in about 2 weeks since this last sale.

Buyer received item Jan.2--according to signature confirmation--remember that--signature confirmation.

E-mails today thru ebay and says "Where is my item--why haven't i received it yet"? Following that is another email from paypal where this buyer has opened a dispute claiming never received items.

Heard 1st time from this buyer anything regarding this "alleged" non-receipt of goods and in the same breath, they instantly file a dispute with paypal--whatever!!! I already had the money out of the account so it just went to the negative till they figure it out--no problem!!

So, I have to laugh--with EVERY package, I put signature confirmation on it--nothing ships without it--it was also sent Priority mail and Insured too--have all receipts plus online confirmation. ALWAYS put signature confirmation on it people--you just may need it one day!!

This package had attempted delivery at the residence 3 days after shipped--notice was left--8 days later it was re-delivered--personally signed for by the buyer in their handwriting and even had to handwrite their address in. 2 days after personally signing for this package--they dispute to Paypal they have not received the package--COME ON!!!

I have all complete online tracking every step of the way right down to USPS just emailing me a snapshot copy of the personally signed delivery receipt---amazing they don't have that package huh?

Immediately called Paypal--oh joy--sent the appeals office all the info and copies and all correspondences with the buyer that I had today since 1st time of learning of this. Re-checked the name,shipping address, etc. from the forms they signed when they received the item against their verified address confirmed Paypal account---what do you know, it's the same person.

The item was tracked every step of the way, signed for by the BUYER themselves, and received. Now, they email 14 days later where's my item and file a paypal dispute.

When I emailed them all the copies from their USPS tracking and photo-shot of their handwritten signature, I get the old email back--"I really don't have the item but I will cancel the Paypal dispute". Too late--all copies of this already in paypals hands!!

How seriously desperate are people?? What the hell did they hope to accomplish there??

I'm reaching here but i'm guessing this one's going my way!?! Funny thing is they had 100% Feedback and is 95% a buyer--what the....?

I can't wait to see the feedback they leave--stupid me already left them glowing feedback--you know, reaching for the same.

Does anyone know if this blows up in their face if paypal or ebay will do anything to their account because of this or will they move on to the next victim? Don't have any experience with this and was curious if they had any ramifications for this little stunt.

Just had to share!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-16-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

I think we should share a list of buyers to stay away from
Old 01-16-2008

Longevity: 95%

Thats a good idea, chris- although i dont know how big it would get??
I keep my list to block buyers saved on my desktop in a word file. i have about 30 right now, had over 150 last year.whenever i open a new acct- i block buyers, and add these names..
Old 01-17-2008

Longevity: 98%

As I said before, a list of bad buyers would be millions. Blocked bidder lists only go to 1000. Even if you suspend them, they come back.

Thing is this buyer left to positive and signed for the package themselves instead of having a neighbor do it or not signing at all and letting it get returned. Then they used up one of their 3 paypal disputes they can file a year. Signature confirmation also is the only thing credit card companies take as real proof of delivery.
Old 01-17-2008

Jonas- since Ebay dropped that $25 buyer dispute claim help-- Buyers now have unlimited claims they can file in paypal...
Old 01-17-2008
Threadstarter  

buyer sent me an email today AFTER I emailed them the photoshot from the post office of their handwritten signature--twice on the delivery card and where they hand wrote in the address in which they received it.............. they now write--yes, I did sign for it to HAVE it delivered, but it never was delivered------HUH???

Anyone get this or am I just slow--the lengths they go to, must of had buyer's remorse or something.
Old 01-17-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Jonas- since Ebay dropped that $25 buyer dispute claim help-- Buyers now have unlimited claims they can file in paypal...
I wasn't sure about that whole thing. I used to hear it's 3. Now it's unlimited? So if a $5 item doesn't show up, people can file a dispute without fear they lose out on a chance to file it later if they order three $500 items?
Old 01-17-2008
Banned

It now seems that there are more scamming buyers then scamming sellers on ebay. It is becoming a cesspool of low lives and trash. Good thing the cost of my item is low compared to my selling price, I have had a huge surge in supposedly undelivered items. I ship the replacements with confirmation. The cost of my item does not warrant insurance or tracking, I figured the money I saved on not buying them on all the packages that make it, covers the cost of the replacements.
Old 01-17-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
I think we should share a list of buyers to stay away from
great idea! i was thinking about that before. i suggest someone just starts a new thread in the subscribers section and people add their blocked buyer lists...
i've got about 150 in my blocked buyer list at the moment, all of them haven't paid, harrased me with stupid questions and emails, have raised disputes, left neg or neutral feedback, haven't read auction descriptions properly, etc. on several accounts...
Old 01-17-2008
Threadstarter  

sounds great but I wonder how many of them read this forum and would madly rushing to find their ebay user id on our lists and changing it--quickly!!!
Old 01-17-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I tried something like a bad buyers list with another business of mine. It worked a little, but there are so many scammers out there, you can never list everyone.

The only way I see it working is if someone created a type of eBay bad buyer database, where you could enter and search for members. But then that's what eBay feedback is for.