Fresh start-do's and dont's? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Fresh start-do's and dont's?

So I'm completely new to pp and e bay, I've just opened my first pp account which will be used predominately for selling ($range of items sold- $50-$1000+)
I've already linked my bank account to pp and before going any further I figured It might be a good idea to "get a clue"

First and foremost as a force of habit I did not use my "real" name on my pp account, I was unaware if I would be able to change it later and unsure how it would be used so I chose a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Right away I figured this probably would be an issue in the future..Would I be correct? Can/should I have them change it now?

Additionally, if anyone can point me in the direction of some good info to get started with PP and/or e bay, that would be greatly appreciated as well:D

BTW: I read the FAQ sticky already, very useful info there!

Last edited by ClarkD; 02-22-2011 at 03:20 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Don't change it now - get ID to back you up..if you can in case of verification - be creative.

Good info to get started with pa yp al and eb ay? The stealth guide on our forum is sick for that. Very good read - price ain't bad and subscribing allows you to enter another subforum that has a lot of hot topics and issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
ClarkD (02-22-2011)
Old 02-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Don't change it now - get ID to back you up..if you can in case of verification - be creative.

Good info to get started with pa yp al and eb ay? The stealth guide on our forum is sick for that. Very good read - price ain't bad and subscribing allows you to enter another subforum that has a lot of hot topics and issues.

Thanks for the advice rsot, I'm seemingly more confused now though..I cannot obtain ID for this random name I've chosen, not even if I'm "creative" about it:> Maybe I misunderstand what you mean?

I can't just change the name on my account or make a new one?

Is it inadvisable to use your real name to begin with or am I just paranoid?

I was mulling over buying the stealth guide but it appears to be geared towards experienced users and account suspension/bans.

Thanks,
Clark
Old 02-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

Not many people have found this forum before when they've set up their first Ebay and PP, mostly people stumble in here battered and bruised when they have been shafted!

Last edited by sax4; 02-22-2011 at 04:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sax4 For This Useful Post:
ClarkD (02-23-2011)
Old 02-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasasasa View Post
Not many people have found this forum before they set up their first Ebay and PP, mostly people stumble in here battered and bruised when they have been shafted!
Well that's precisely why I joined, after doing some searching I read quite a few complaints/comments from those who have been bitten, I'd like to spare myself some of that frustration...if at all possible.

Are you implying that I may be in the wrong place?
Old 02-23-2011

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 85%

Instead of trying to change the name on your existing account you should use the stealth guide to assist you in creating a new account with your real name and keep it unlinked from your existing account. If you're planning on selling expensive items then you'll need to start slowly anyway so spread your activity across as many accounts as you can manage. If you sell too much on one account it will be limited and you'll never get that account back. Don't worry if the Stealth Guide seems too technical for you. Once you've read it you can come to the forums and ask questions to help you understand.

Last edited by mine; 02-23-2011 at 03:27 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mine For This Useful Post:
ClarkD (02-23-2011), GreenBean (02-24-2011)
Old 02-23-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkD View Post
In my humble opinion, you are in the PERFECT place. I wish I would have known about this forum in the beginning. There's that old saying again... "If I knew then what I know now..." or something like that.

First, you cannot just simply change the name on your Paypal account. If you would like to have the account in your real name, simpy make a Paypal account in your real name. There are definite benifits to doing so (the biggest, for me, is that you are 'legitimate'). There are also definite benifits to going stealth. The biggest of which, for me, is that you can have multiple accounts running and multpile incoms coming in; not to mention the worry of EB or PP shutting down your entire income at some point, is WAY less.

Of course, your business model and what you plan to sell are a HUGE factor in this decision.

The Stealth Guide is not only for experienced users, or those of us who have been suspended... it will teach you how to AVOID suspension. Personally, it was some of the best money I have ever spent.
The Following User Says Thank You to kris For This Useful Post:
ClarkD (02-23-2011)
Old 02-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

@ClarkD, the guide is not geared for "Experienced users" - it's geared for everyone especially ones who want to become better acquainted with working on eb ay/ pa yp al efficiently ha.

As for your ID problem, when I say creative, the only way is to create what you need. Now if you don't like that than yes, time to move on to new accounts. I would NOT use your real name/address with new accounts because if they go down, then they have your info. Understand what stealth is and make new ones.
Old 02-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkD View Post
Well that's precisely why I joined, after doing some searching I read quite a few complaints/comments from those who have been bitten, I'd like to spare myself some of that frustration...if at all possible.

No no, it's just refreshing that someone has been lucky enough to come here before they've had an account go down that's all. Good on you.
ClarkD (02-23-2011)
Old 02-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Well I appreciate all the advice/input gents, I wish I wouldn't have allowed my frustration and impatience to guide me yesterday...I did some more searching and came to the hasty conclusion that an account with a false name, linked to a legit address and bank account, would only be problems for me in the future...So I deleted it Not only that...but in my utter impatience I immediately created a new account with correct info...Now after coming back here this afternoon and reading your comments, I wish I would have just friggin waited

Ahhhh what a clusterf@*$k!

So I'm thinkin:

1) I'm an idiot
2) I'm an idiot
3)PP is gonna think i'm trying to run some sorta scam where I intend to skim funds through verifying multiple accounts.
4) My history with them already looks fishy and theyre gonna flag me.
5) I'm an idiot

So much for starting "fresh" LOL
Old 02-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

NEVER too late to start fresh. And don't jump so quickly - you seem to be moving in haste - pace things out.

Remember, pa yp al will think what you WANT them to think. Stealth works - hasty conclusion...in fact ANYTHING hasty is waste-y.

Restart - not hard to do.
ClarkD (02-23-2011)
Old 02-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
NEVER too late to start fresh. And don't jump so quickly - you seem to be moving in haste - pace things out.

Remember, pa yp al will think what you WANT them to think. Stealth works - hasty conclusion...in fact ANYTHING hasty is waste-y.

Restart - not hard to do.

Right you are rsot, deeeeeeep breaths:D
I don't know why i'm making such a big deal of something so seemingly minute, I suppose all the horror stories I've read gave me the willies
then there's the fact that I've got merchandise just idling and money running thin...

I get the impression that even if I do everything "by the book" and mind my p's and q's, theres a good chance pp will still try to shut me down eventually?

Is it true that PP will limit/suspend your account merely for making too much $ in a month?

That seems pretty counter-productive if ya ask me...

Clark
Old 02-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yes this is quite strange you seem to be very prepared having not even been suspended yet thats great!
every case is different, yes you may encounter problems with paypal/ebay in the future but as long as your selling is legit and you stick to their one million different laws haha you might be ok.
However learning stealth ways by reading the forum and buying the Stealth Guide would fully prepare you for when and if you encounter the problems all of us on this forum have.
have you thought about running stealth accounts alongside a real account?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imakemoney For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (02-24-2011), ClarkD (02-23-2011)
Old 02-24-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakemoney View Post
Yes this is quite strange you seem to be very prepared having not even been suspended yet thats great!
every case is different, yes you may encounter problems with paypal/ebay in the future but as long as your selling is legit and you stick to their one million different laws haha you might be ok.
However learning stealth ways by reading the forum and buying the Stealth Guide would fully prepare you for when and if you encounter the problems all of us on this forum have.
have you thought about running stealth accounts alongside a real account?
Well I'm a fairly skeptical individual to start with and naturally I was immediately weary of using my personal info on the account so I did a quick search on exactly that. Upon seeing multiple pages of "PA YP AL HORROR STORIES" and "HOW TO GET UNBANNED FROM E B AY AND PA YP AL" I figured I'd better dig a little deeper!

I'm definitely thinking about running a stealth or two along side my proper account, but I must admit I'm still not sure exactly why I would need to do this? If I conduct business in a perfectly legal and respectable manner then what do I need to be worried about?

And then I realize that MOST people probably don't join pp or the bay expecting to get booted But it seems they often do...
Old 02-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

I was conducting a perfectly legal and respectable business but they deemed me too high of a risk for some unknown risk...BOOM...suspended!

Yes I believe you running stealth alongside would be a great backup if you were ever to be suspended.

As regards stealth you need to do alot of reading around the forum first, or buy the stealth guide where it is all summed up and would probably be an easier read but its up to you.

PM me if you need any help
The Following User Says Thank You to Imakemoney For This Useful Post:
ClarkD (02-24-2011)
Old 02-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Ok The first thing that I see is that you MUST Slow Down, you moved way to Fast in creating your Paypal account with your Real Info,,

Next, Get the Stealth Guide, It is For People Like You, NOT For Experienced Users,,The FORUM is for Experienced Users,,

In The meantime I would NOT Access ANY Paypal or Ebay Account until you Read the Stealth Guide and The Forum to Learn how to Properly "Clean", Prepare and Access Multiple accounts with the SAME Computer, because if you have not already, you will surely "Link" ALL of those accounts Together and lose them ALL,,

So if by some odd Chance they are not already linked, STOP logging onto them, until you learn how to do it safely.
ClarkD (02-24-2011)
Old 02-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

My only comment regards this phrase:

....theres a good chance pp will still try to shut me down eventually?

There is ALWAYS a chance. I would not say "good" IF you operate cleanly. Remember, also depends WHAT you sell and HOW you sell. That's key - the stealth guide is great for setup. IF you go hard sales on high risk items, well (quote SLAPPED ,,,,,,,,,,,,,) you know what your chances are(,,,,,)
ClarkD (02-24-2011)
Old 02-24-2011
Threadstarter  

Point(s) taken, all around.

You guys are awesome, I truly appreciate all the advice and willingness to help a poor ignorant soul like myself

I'm sold on the stealth guide, that shall be my next step!

Clark
Old 02-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Getting the book should have been the 1st step instead of the waffling around.

ebay/paypal need a plan. Doesnt matter if you are suspended or not suspended.

A plan is needed to keep up with what ebay/paypal do. Simples....

If you implement a plan, that requires organization & gives help to understand what you are doing to make sure you are on top of ebay/paypal.

Now I'm going to throw 2 things at you so you understand you dont understand what you are doing.

What have you done about your IP address?
Did you know that even if you delete info, it gets retained by paypal?

Time for a big deep breath and time to start the plan. Dont make an account until you think you get the picture. Then, and only then, post what you are doing so we can help you tweek it
Old 02-24-2011

Longevity: 77%

Clark you are one lucky dude.. you found this forum before you got suspended wow! I got suspended from ebay and paypal and it took me 6 months struggling to get back on. I got accounts limited and closed as soon as I opened them... let's say they were closed in a twinkling of an eye! I didn't know where to turn until another ebayer directed me to this forum and I got the stealth guide! You have done the right thing by coming to this forum before you've even been suspended! Wow!! I actually consider you as a lucky dude! So my advice is to get the stealth guide.. read, read and reread it.. follow the steps and you will be just fine!
Old 02-24-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Getting the book should have been the 1st step instead of the waffling around.

ebay/paypal need a plan. Doesnt matter if you are suspended or not suspended.

A plan is needed to keep up with what ebay/paypal do. Simples....

If you implement a plan, that requires organization & gives help to understand what you are doing to make sure you are on top of ebay/paypal.

Now I'm going to throw 2 things at you so you understand you dont understand what you are doing.

What have you done about your IP address?
Did you know that even if you delete info, it gets retained by paypal?

Time for a big deep breath and time to start the plan. Dont make an account until you think you get the picture. Then, and only then, post what you are doing so we can help you tweek it
Well as you can imagine, I initially had a hard time justifying the purchase of the stealth guide (or anything for that matter) without knowing the purpose for even doing so, to begin with. I had never heard of a single person having such problems with these two services until after I created the initial account and thought it wise to check into it further.

Trust me GB, I'm well aware of the fact that I don't understand what I'm doing, I never anticipated the necessity for stealth accounts and things of the like, simply to use PP unobstructed. I've done nothing about my IP although I know it will definitely be an issue. However, I did assume upon deleting my previous account that they would absolutely keep it as record and be able to connect the dots if they desired. At this point I assume I know nothing and will not make a move until I, as you said "get the picture".

I hope to have read the guide at least once by this time next week
then I shall return...

Thanks for the much needed input,
Clark
Old 02-24-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ets View Post
Clark you are one lucky dude.. you found this forum before you got suspended wow! I got suspended from ebay and paypal and it took me 6 months struggling to get back on. I got accounts limited and closed as soon as I opened them... let's say they were closed in a twinkling of an eye! I didn't know where to turn until another ebayer directed me to this forum and I got the stealth guide! You have done the right thing by coming to this forum before you've even been suspended! Wow!! I actually consider you as a lucky dude! So my advice is to get the stealth guide.. read, read and reread it.. follow the steps and you will be just fine!
Thanks for the kind words Ets, I suppose it was mostly luck that brought me here so quickly. Well, that and some good ole fashion paranoia! :D

I was shocked to read so many stories just like yours, I still don't get it...I just hope I can gain the knowledge I need and maybe even help some others in the process.

You're a helpful bunch, glad I dropped in!