Account suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Account suspended

Hello
My account was suspnded , I got this message and try to contact with Eby but no solution , here is the message :

We're sorry to tell you that your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

What I have to do ?? Please help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-25-2011

call them up, ask how r u a risk, unless u got other accounts you can go with. I would call, worth the shot, though be prepared to be a completely new person. answer their questions promptly and with confidence , good luck, let us know the outcome
Old 03-04-2011

Hi, the EXACT same email was sent to me! Let me explain.

Okay so I have an account with around 35 feedback, and recently I started selling Windows 7 keys on ebay. Apparently those are not legal, so I stopped the business after one listing full of them sold. A lot of disputes were set up against me, and I gave them all refunds. So today Ebay suspends my account. Well my fathers account who has 1500 feedback is linked to mine because he is under the same roof as me, well they suspended his account too! So he is not happy at all, he has been a member of ebay for almost 10 years and has incredible status with them.

How do you recommend I get this resolved?
Old 03-05-2011

^.... sorry to hear what happened.... more for your dad than you as you were selling no no items.

Have eb or pp sent you any kind of message saying what you need to do in order to get reinstated?

I personally think the accounts are gone and you wont be able to open anymore from you address as it it probably on their blacklist.

You might have to go stlth if pp or eb cant fix account

As it was you that messed up, if comes down to you guys having to go stlth, I think you owe it to you dad to get him the book from here

Good luck - hope it works out
Old 03-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmtop2010 View Post
Hello
My account was suspnded , I got this message and try to contact with Eby but no solution , here is the message :

We're sorry to tell you that your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

What did you do wrong (if anything) - selling no no items?
Is it a brand new account?
Have they mentioned what you need to to to fix the problem or for how long the suspension is?
Old 03-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%

Before you go and waste your time attempting to restore either account, I will give you the heads up that this situation is a complete loss. You will need new accounts with all new information and new IP, etc.
Old 03-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alps_thecheekyone View Post
^.... sorry to hear what happened.... more for your dad than you as you were selling no no items.

Have eb or pp sent you any kind of message saying what you need to do in order to get reinstated?

I personally think the accounts are gone and you wont be able to open anymore from you address as it it probably on their blacklist.

You might have to go stlth if pp or eb cant fix account

As it was you that messed up, if comes down to you guys having to go stlth, I think you owe it to you dad to get him the book from here

Good luck - hope it works out
Yeah I wasn't meaning to sell "no no" items. I hooked up with a guy who said he had a product that would sell quick. Well me not knowing squat about computers started selling the keys, then I figured out they were illegal and stopped.

Anyways yeah I feel I owe it to my dad to get the account back open, they did not give us any info on how to reinstate either account.

What is stealth, and how can it help me achieve my goal here?
Old 03-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by patthehat033 View Post
Hi, the EXACT same email was sent to me! Let me explain.

Okay so I have an account with around 35 feedback, and recently I started selling Windows 7 keys on ebay. Apparently those are not legal, so I stopped the business after one listing full of them sold. A lot of disputes were set up against me, and I gave them all refunds. So today Ebay suspends my account. Well my fathers account who has 1500 feedback is linked to mine because he is under the same roof as me, well they suspended his account too! So he is not happy at all, he has been a member of ebay for almost 10 years and has incredible status with them.

How do you recommend I get this resolved?
You can't. eBay does not forgive these violations. All they know is that you, and anyone else linked to you, has a high likelihood of attempting to sell illegal items (ie. software keys, counterfeit merchandise, stolen merchandise). So rather than deal with the problems as they arise, eBay has decided to cut ties altogether.

Of course it is not fair that they also closed your father's account, but that is their procedure. Any accounts logging on from your IP will be closed.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, I'm not trying to be, I'm just trying to point out reality.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (03-05-2011)
Old 03-05-2011

stlth my friend is... you will have to search on here...... many answers for you.

I recommend (as I agree with other guys on this post - thanks guys/gals you confirmed my suspicions) that you spend days if not weeks reading different bits and bobs people have posted and then you can make up your own mind.

From reading you posts, I find you are quite new to all this (I am too actually) so i would highly recommend the book and before you setup again, read it and read this site for a few days if not weeks.

Any problems or queries ask on this site (search first) and there will be many people in your situation who can share / help.... enjoy

nuff luv from london, uk

Last edited by Alps_a somewhatlegend; 03-05-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 03-05-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Anyways yeah I feel I owe it to my dad to get the account back open, they did not give us any info on how to reinstate either account.

What is stealth, and how can it help me achieve my goal here?
I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to your father. If your goal here is to get his account reinstated, the probabality is very very low. Like pretty much non-existant, I'd say. Ebay sees you as a risk, and since your dads account is linked to yours, they also consider him high risk. Its unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Going stealth would mean starting over. Fresh. Forgetting the old account, and beginning again. If this is something you (and/or your father) are interested in, the Stealth Book is a must-have, in my opinion.
Old 03-06-2011

Well I called Customer Support. The guy told me that there is a good chance it could be reinstated if our credit card and bank info are not the same. He said to send in an appeal email. So now I am waiting for that.

He would prefer to get his old account back, otherwise he is probably just going to give up on ebay, me as well.
Old 03-06-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Well I called Customer Support. The guy told me that there is a good chance it could be reinstated if our credit card and bank info are not the same. He said to send in an appeal email. So now I am waiting for that.

He would prefer to get his old account back, otherwise he is probably just going to give up on ebay, me as well.
Best of luck to you. I wouldn't hold your breath for anything an eBay rep says, but it does sound somewhat promising.

I do know that there are multiple ways they try to link accounts (address, phone number, banking info, items for sale, etc) and the more links they find, the worse off you are.

It is very rare for eBay to ever restore an account once its reached this point, but not impossible. Please let us know how it goes.
Old 03-09-2011

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
He is lying. You are going to fax your info in and they will have it all on record and be able to ban you for life.

If your father is serious about setting up a new eBay account, suggest that he does one from his work address. 1,500 feedback isn't that much so it doesn't sound like he was selling a whole lot.
Old 03-10-2011

Hey guys,

I would like to update you, that as of 3 days ago my dads account was reinstated after sending in the email. My account is obviously screwed for life...

Things can happen!

Thanks for all your support!
The Following User Says Thank You to patthehat033 For This Useful Post:
ebizz (06-21-2020)
Old 03-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

wow, that is incredible in my opinion. way to not give up and i'm sure your dad is ecstatic. btw, omgoozle, say what you want about 1,500+/- feedback accounts...i just don't think you have enough experience with eB ay if you believe what you say, because i see plenty of accounts sales in 5 figure range and some close to or above 6 figures with feedback amounts in just the same range. just depends on how you built it up and what you sell.

plus, keep in mind, a person's feedback is sometimes not even close to the actual amount of transactions they have done. especially with the new feedback system and ruthless buyers out there

Last edited by unkown5454; 03-10-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-10-2011

Longevity: 78%

If your dads account was just a buyer account, they usually reinstate the buyers account is if it solid. 15 years is pretty solid lol

I've heard of this happening a few times when I was in an Ebay Sellers group
Old 03-10-2011

Send a message via Yahoo to motorfinger

Quote:
Hey guys,

I would like to update you, that as of 3 days ago my dads account was reinstated after sending in the email. My account is obviously screwed for life...

Things can happen!

Thanks for all your support!
Congratulation
If you want to start selling, will better using stealth method we discuss in this forum. Read round or you can buy Stealth Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmtop2010 View Post
Hello

Tell us what you're selling and how old your account?
Old 03-11-2011

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
wow, that is incredible in my opinion. way to not give up and i'm sure your dad is ecstatic. btw, omgoozle, say what you want about 1,500+/- feedback accounts...i just don't think you have enough experience with eB ay if you believe what you say, because i see plenty of accounts sales in 5 figure range and some close to or above 6 figures with feedback amounts in just the same range. just depends on how you built it up and what you sell.

plus, keep in mind, a person's feedback is sometimes not even close to the actual amount of transactions they have done. especially with the new feedback system and ruthless buyers out there

Just lost my 1800 fb account for no reason.
Overall, I've had over 30k +fb on ebay over the last 15 years.

I have experience. No offense. I'm just saying I've been around the block a few times and my words shouldn't be taken lightly. It doesn't matter who you are or what your account status is, you'd be horrifically surprised at how quickly ebay can turn on you and eat you alive.
Old 03-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgoozle View Post
Just lost my 1800 fb account for no reason.
Overall, I've had over 30k +fb on ebay over the last 15 years.

I have experience. No offense. I'm just saying I've been around the block a few times and my words shouldn't be taken lightly. It doesn't matter who you are or what your account status is, you'd be horrifically surprised at how quickly ebay can turn on you and eat you alive.
Well, I definitely agree with you on the second paragraph. I wasn't trying to be offensive in any way in my previous statements, so I apologize if it came off that way. I try and study so many other sellers and how they treat their business to get ideas and I have definitely seen some accounts in the tens of thousands of feedback all of a sudden disappear. That's what scares me the most some times. I aspire to be like those people and still eB ay can instantly kill them off without hesitation despite the hundreds of thousands of dollars they have paid in fees.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Omgoozle (03-13-2011)
Old 06-20-2020

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: Account suspended

I had this message also - 2 accounts suspended. What gets me is that they arent even sending removals or restrictions on new accounts now - just permanent bans. LAtest one today, the other just a few days ago.