The Endless Runaround - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-14-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default The Endless Runaround

After sending 3-4 messages in the past 8 days to eBay CS through their message system, this is the reply I got today:

Quote:
Thanks for writing to eBay Customer Support. We've been unable to respond to your request as quickly as we'd like, and we apologize for the delay.

If you still need assistance, please don't reply to this email. Click "Customer Support" at the top of most eBay pages. You'll find answers to many of your questions as well as the best options to contact us.

We appreciate your patience.
Sincerely,

eBay

This is the 2nd one of these I've gotten. Are they just deliberately TRYING to mess with me? Anybody else get these?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-14-2011

Longevity: 81%

you should call them for best results.

the emails will not get you anywhere.

steve
Old 03-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesokol21 View Post
you should call them for best results.

the emails will not get you anywhere.

steve
Hey Steve, thanks for the reply. Ya, I've called them about a dozen times, but phone support always tells me they have no power over the situation, and I need to e-mail support or "fax in the documentation" they've asked for. It's insane. The executives at eBay must realize how completely atrocious their e-mail support is. It might as well not even exist. At least that way it wouldn't waste people's time.
Old 03-14-2011

well i never waste time with docs myself b/c the chance isnt too great. unless its a real account then thats different. i would fax the docs over to them if that is what they need. emailing is a waste of time from what i have experienced. gl tho and i would encourage making another account or 2 if you can.

steve
Old 03-14-2011

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

I agree, it's best to just start over. It's not worth all the trouble trying to get it reinstated.
Old 03-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

They will respond - try grabbing live chat agent too to flag.
Old 03-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
well i never waste time with docs myself b/c the chance isnt too great. unless its a real account then thats different. i would fax the docs over to them if that is what they need. emailing is a waste of time from what i have experienced. gl tho and i would encourage making another account or 2 if you can.

steve
Yes, this is my real account. I am determined to try everything in my power to get this sorted out before I resort to any alternatives. As several agents on their phone support have acknowledged, I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG NOR HAVE I VIOLATED ANY EBAY RULES. I think it is also important to note that eBay never informed me that I might be required to produce any of these documents before, and so it is completely ludicrous to put all of this on me after the fact.
Old 03-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
They will respond - try grabbing live chat agent too to flag.

Live chat agent? Where do I get one of those? Im not sure what you mean by "they will respond". They respond about once a week, and when they do it is form letter nonsense that doesn't address any of my questions or give me any sort of viable path out of this miserable conundrum.
Old 03-15-2011

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

The search button brought this up(link to live chat) http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...chat-gone.html
Old 03-15-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

You will get a runaround over and over.

Maybe you will get in contact with them to address this or you wont.

Do not sit around waiting for them.

Get some backups going just for this reason alone.
Old 03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggita View Post
Yes, this is my real account. I am determined to try everything in my power to get this sorted out before I resort to any alternatives. As several agents on their phone support have acknowledged, I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG NOR HAVE I VIOLATED ANY EBAY RULES. I think it is also important to note that eBay never informed me that I might be required to produce any of these documents before, and so it is completely ludicrous to put all of this on me after the fact.
well if they are saying you havent done anything wrong then just provide the docs they need and you should be good to go. since you say all of this its an opened and shut case. just do what they say they need or you will just lose the account.

emailing them and calling them asking why will not do anything for you. they dont care. they just want the inf.

why do they want it? who knows its all EGAY BS to me. just give it to them if its your real account. its all you can do from hre on out.

steve
Old 03-16-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
well if they are saying you havent done anything wrong then just provide the docs they need and you should be good to go. since you say all of this its an opened and shut case. just do what they say they need or you will just lose the account.

emailing them and calling them asking why will not do anything for you. they dont care. they just want the inf.

why do they want it? who knows its all EGAY BS to me. just give it to them if its your real account. its all you can do from hre on out.

steve
Hey Steve. Please read my earlier post. A bunch of the items I was selling were bought used on Craigslist and so I don't have any invoices. Obviously, if I had them I would have faxed them in. Or, if they would have given me notice AHEAD OF TIME that I might need them, I would have gotten something in writing.