ebid.net - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-20-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default ebid.net

Anyone ever use ebid.net?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2008

Longevity: 98%
Default ok..

Never tried this one.. I tried Eway,pretty Dead .
Wish there was some real competition out there for Ebay,

EB
Old 01-20-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

They're still way to young to be worth anything. They need massive amount of traffic to get anywhere close to eBay. Amazon and Google are they only real contenders out there right now. Amazon is coming closer, Google is still in the works but will be a powerhouse if they do it right.
Old 01-20-2008

Longevity: 94%

I love google... I think they are our only hope. I have been saying this for a while. "WHEN IS GOOGLE GOING TO GIVE EBAY A FIGHT". It takes a monopoly to beat a monopoly. Why dident they put that 2 billion into an auction site, *u*k VIDEOS.
Sooner or later it will happen. google has done nothing but good! Heck I might buy a few shares at 400 dollars b/c they still have to take half of the market from paypal and another half from ebay.:D
Does anyone know if they are even in the works on an auction site?
I could wright the code for there auction site and it would do good!
Old 01-21-2008

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseF View Post
Anyone ever use ebid.net?
They used to be real great about 4 years ago when you could buy and sell eBay "contraband" freely but now they have cleaned up their site and banned these items, nothing really special about them anymore.

Free listings are good but are nothing without good traffic...
Old 01-21-2008

Longevity: 96%
Default google should enter the auction game.

Go to google click on
"about google" click
"contact us" click
"business proposals"

OR

Google

AND BEG THEM TO OPEN AN AUCTION SITE!!!!!
Old 04-21-2008

Longevity: 93%
Thumbs down ebid just as bad as feebay

I've been a member of ebid for quite a while now, sales are crap and so is passing traffic.

They are just as bad as feebay. On the site you will come across some obvious ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and when you list anything authentic its removed for trademark infringement even with receipts. WTF.

They seem to have the same mentality as ebay staff, THICK AS 2 SHORT PLANKS!!!!!

They have their own affiliated payment processor for basic accounts, but if you pay a monthly fee you can have paypal payments or google checkout. Mind you paypal outside of ebay is very risky for anyone no seller or buyer protection (although its not worth the paper its written on anyway).

Their vero is called Patrol and covers much the same areas as Vero policies do. I will keep on trying to list items, only to find out how long it takes them to suspend me as they just keep on removing them.
Old 04-21-2008

Longevity: 92%

Thanks,

I was just about to register on ebid. I am no business expert but to me it is obvious why google doesn't open up an auction site.

1. It will be unknown and take time to build traffic.
2. It will be unprofitable for years maybe, until to pwn ebay.
3. Loss of opportunity cost. Meaning they wasted 2 billon on a rival auction site for what? Just to satisfy everyone who hates ebay?
4. Youtube rakes in money, which is why they bought it.
5. Yahoo used to and still does own google in some asian countries, Yahoo is ranked #1. - Yet yahoo auctions US still got owned by ebay. However Yahoo auctions Taiwan and Japan are pwning ebay so hard that ebay can't even get traffic to ebay.com.tw or ebay.co.jp ROFL
6. Google doesn't want to risk losing money if their auction site failed. They are and should play it safe. Video sites are where the money is now.
Old 04-21-2008

Longevity: 93%

I believe Google will have the strength and traffic to contend with ebay, all they need is ebay to make a few more cock ups and bang perfect time to hit the market.

Ebid well may have something attractive like no listing fees but it is nowhere near ebay, Their vero system is a joke again they toss a coin as to whether they think an item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or not.

Another daft policy breach that is strongly enforced is say if you have a product that borders 2 or more categories and you are not too sure on what main category to use, ebay let you get away with listing it in either or both categories. Ebid only give you one option, and if you choose the wrong one they simply kick you in the knackers and removes the listing and suspends you, no leeway whatsoever. They have far too many faults for my liking.

They pretty much insist that you use their own payment processor called PPPay, yes another payment system owned by the auction site just like feebay and poopal.

You think paypal terms are a joke wait until you read theirs, they do not get involved with disputes at all and expect you to deal with the problem yourself and also expect you to return any items in a shorter period that paypals. I could go on about the outrageous terms they have. I hate to say it but they make Paypal look like saints, no joke either.

To be able to accept any other payment options you have to pay a monthly fee for the privilege, so again they have you tied to them.

What's just as bad you just try to close an account with them or even try to find any contact details for their offices on their sites, no chance they're not available. All you get is the online raise a ticket query, nothing in real time what so ever. I had to resort to finding out the details via companies house, sadly for them I got the directors home details aswell.
Old 04-22-2008

Longevity: 98%

I signed up with ebid 2 days ago. I cut prices like crazy where I make only a couple dollars and still nobody ever seems to look at my auctions, ever. Most of my views are from me.

I take my merchant account, money orders, and checks and that's it. Third party payment systems are sometimes scams and I find when an auction site forces you to use their's, it usually is a scam.
Old 11-20-2012

Longevity: 84%
Default Do you remember the time?

bump. I just listed my first item on ebid. It made me so reminisce of the way ebay used to be. It was easy, nice and simple. Imagine if it had the same traffic the bay has now. man....
Old 11-20-2012

Longevity: 69%

If Google do open an auction site they will just bully the sellers as Amazon and eBay do.
Old 11-20-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I also have been a member of Ebid but deleted my account after first month there. The traffic is terrible, the sales are terrible, and you have way more sellers then there is buyers.
Old 11-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

eB id is its own niche - not as much traffic indeed
Old 11-21-2012

Longevity: 66%

I have had a couple of sales from eBid but very slow, mayby if more started using it, as the listings are until sold then it could become a contender for eBay?
Not had any problems so far but being ultra cautious after eBay lifetime suspension!!