Is an item safe to relist after ebay has pulled it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 01-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Is an item safe to relist after ebay has pulled it?

I recently had an item pulled as a result of something else I was selling. Ebay just cancelled all my auctions and suspended me. Anyone simply just relist the exact same item again under a different id? I know most ppl will not have a problem doing this but I sell unique items.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI- I can tell you I have done this in the past on Vero items, and eventually got banned again.. Example is a Rolex Dealers Display Clock.
- Clock was taken from a local Rolex AD. Avg sp prior was close to $1000. Listed it- was pulled. Relisted, with letter from the AD attesting to the Authenticity--was pulled again.
--Relisted on another acct- changed up categories/verbage- pulled again- wrote Vero owner-got generic response. Took the Vero turorial at least 6 times.
--swapped it over to a 3rd acct- pulled.. Then relisted as just an Oyster Perpetual clock---sold it..
FINALLY- called Gibney + Assoc- (lawyers for Rolex)- it wasnt that they said it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗-- (as ebay kept emailing me..)- It's that they do NOT allow ANY TYPE of the AD (authorized Dealer) props/displays into the Publics hands... (i never knew this)-- wrote ebay-
-- didnt matter- even though my argument was:
a.) it was not ⊗⊗⊗⊗,
b.) there is No where in any of their rules specifying --no dealer props..
they still cancelled accts for good..
SO- if they pulled it- even if you feel you got a strong defense-- its doubtful you'll be able to pull it off- UNLESS you do what I did-- (work around the system)-- a shame, but thats what you have to do....
BTW_ the clock sold for $1200, and recd high praise from buyer..
Old 01-07-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by savahaganda View Post
I would not do it... it just goes to show that they have you in the cross hairs... you might want to add Junk text... I mentioned how to create junk text in an earlier threat. basically you just write a bunch of nonsense text... then change the coloring to white... after that add the colored text you want, with the crap text in between each visible letter. ebays vero program picks up text for certain banned products. with crap text, it makes it difficult for the program to find it
I don't remember the last time I was veroed. It's been so long since that's happened. Ebay just cancels one particular auction and sometimes will pull others along with it which went untouched before. I usually know what the offending item is and don't relist that item again. I'm talking about the auctions that get taken down just because they're just there. Btw it doesn't matter what you say in your description because Ebay will take down your auction just based on your title.
Old 01-07-2008
Banned

You can relist it once and they will take it down again. 3rd time is suspension.
Old 01-07-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

I relisted right after my item was taken down plus I listed another 5 more items of the same thing because they pissed me off. Nothing never happened. All sold..lol Weird huh
Old 01-08-2008

Longevity: 96%

I've also re listed the same item within 24 hours without it being taken down. I think it depends on the Vero item. I think re listing it does have its risks.
Old 01-20-2008

Longevity: 94%

whats a vero item???
Old 01-20-2008
Banned

^^wow..........
Old 01-20-2008

VERO= Verified Rights Owner.
I.e. Rolex USA, Gucci, Tiffany, Montblanc--all of these Big Brand name companies own the patents/copyrights to their mdse and register with ebay and have a say as to whether your ad infringes on them, as per the vero act.
Old 01-20-2008

also independent owners of record labels, movies, etc..will turn in their items. I had a rare concert tour only cd (only 1000 made) I tried selling 3 different times over 2 years every time it was VERO. Ebay will give you their info and you can contact them and ask why they VEROed the item. They never respond though.
Old 03-05-2008

Longevity: 93%

i find it hard to believe that just because something is covered under vero that you are not allowed to sell it that would be ridiculous and that would mean you would not be allowed to sell anything of yours.. for example, if i do have an old rolex watch that i wanted to sell, why the hell would i not be allowed to sell it on ebay, if its because they think its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ then that is plain stupid because i could have certificates to prove otherwise, i really dont think that its just that simple just because ROLEX or GUCCI is used in the title description does not mean your listing will be pulled, NO WAY, cant accept that, it must be more to it, more than likely because the listing description was not descriptive enough and therefor may think its a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item.
Old 03-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

You maybe have not had much experience with ebay and vero? ebay are
nearly hostile to sellers that have vero items. One of their reasons is the possibility of litigation from the 'owners' of vero items. There is a case in the
courts at the moment, Tiffany v ebay. Read up on that. Better, search quite
a few of ebayhateluv's posts. They will tell you the facts and attitude of ebay. There is also lots of info under suspension in the main forum where vero is discussed. vero is yet another area where ebay may make life miserable
even if you own a product.
You have to keep in mind when selling that even if you solve a problem with
ebay, the account might raise flags. again. again again and then

suspension.
Old 03-06-2008

i understand your point greenbean, just saying i think its stupid thats all, its ebay that is putting all these restrictions, or worse still the big companies such as tiffany, adidas etc..etc.. who are imposing these restrictions. its rather crazy if you ask me because ebay is a place to buy and sell things, not buy somethings and sell some things.... if i have an unwanted gift such as a adidas jersey of course i should be able to sell it, especially if i show proof of purchase such as a reciept, which mind you ebay states to scan and put up on your auctions so it does not get closed down by vero..... soon enough ebay will be a place much like a 2$ shop.. LOL
Old 03-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

If there is a 'sniff' of profit for you with a deemed vero item, then you may not
be able to sell. You might have to list such an item so disguised that no-one
would even pick it, so it defeats your purpose.
Old 03-07-2008

funny how i just went onto ebay and i see hundreds of items listed with ADIDAS all over the title and the description if this is vero why the hell are they up ? not to mention that some seller are not even power sellers some only have 9 feedback or above, any ideas ?
Old 03-07-2008
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Probably they just have really old accounts.
Old 03-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Look at the (R) side where the name of the seller is located. There you will see
when the seller became an registered user. Or put the cursor on the seller name
and get more info.
Old 04-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

yes ive done this before, ive simply waited 2 weeks and changed my pictures and description layout