Visa announces PayPal-like payment service for U.S. consumers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-17-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Send a message via Yahoo to motorfinger
Default Visa announces PayPal-like payment service for U.S. consumers

Credit card giant Visa has announced a new payment service for U.S. consumers set to launch in the second half of 2011. The new offering closely mimics services offered by PayPal, allowing users with a Visa-branded credit, debit, or pre-paid account to transfer money amongst each other. “Consumers in the U.S. will soon be able to receive and send funds to any eligible Visa credit, debit or prepaid account, anywhere in the world,” reads the press release. “By simply entering the recipient’s 16-digit Visa account, email address or mobile phone number, consumers can send funds directly from their bank account to a recipient’s Visa account.” The company has also partnered with payment networks CashEdge and Fiserv, allowing them to integrate their person-to-person payment platforms with the new service. The personal payment program outlined by Visa is already offered outside the U.S. in dozens of different countries.

You can read the rest here

What do you think guys??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to motorfinger For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (03-18-2011), Omgoozle (03-20-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

Looks interesting. But I can't see Ebay every allowing this as a authorized payment provider.
Old 03-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Will be long to implement for sure.
Old 03-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

the other problem is that it only appears to work with Visa only, some people dont like or use Visa. They use Mastercard or other credit types.
Old 03-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%

It's a new way to get paid. I welcome it with no complaints.
Old 03-17-2011

Longevity: 95%

yeah maybe a good paypal replacement but i can bet that it will be on ebays not allowed list cause the greedy bstards wont get money off it like with Pp.
Old 03-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Do not be so sure about Ebay not adding it as an Accepted payment method,,,Over recent years Ebay has been Destroyed by Antitrust suits,,and they are in the Middle of a HUGH one Right now,,thats why there were all those changes made to accepted Payment processors last June, it was an Attempt to Lessen the impact of this Antitrust suit currently going on

I am Very surprised that American Express never tried to get Their Accept Pay service approved by Ebay. But at any Rate The last thing I think Ebay wants is to Tangle with a GIANT like Visa,,

Also Do not forget that Visa is a BIG part of Paypal,,if Paypal could not accept Visa anymore,,well, I think that It would the Beginning of the End for Paypal

In a Ebay/Paypal -VS- Visa Contest I gotta Believe that it's Visa that is Goliath and Ebay/Paypal in the Role of David and in this day and age Goliath ALWAYS Wins,,Forget the Slingshot

Last edited by slapped; 03-17-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Slapped is right.

Besides, let's say that eBay tells Visa they are NOT approved as a payment method.

Then Visa drops PayPal.....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
bansheezone (03-24-2011), Gman91189 (03-24-2011), slapped (03-18-2011)
Old 03-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

I certainly hope one of these big guys launch an eGay alternative. Google would be a perfect candidate but they're not interested in such project.
Old 03-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by .ISO View Post
I certainly hope one of these big guys launch an eGay alternative. Google would be a perfect candidate but they're not interested in such project.

Google tried a couple of years ago,,,,Google Checkout,,,,Remember?,,,,Ebay would NOT approve them to accept Payments,,,Google is in Court with Ebay Right now over that,,,that is one of those Antitrust suits I Mentioned above
Old 03-18-2011

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

LOL You guys make it sound so childish. Like 2 kids arguing over who gets the ball. This is BIG business... Far beyond trivial things such as "accept us or we wont accept you" Case and point. Apple and Adobe. Or Google and Apple... All of these companies are NOT playing nice at the moment, but you don't see Google pulling Apps from Apple. Adobe being refused by Apple is a joke, yet Adobe is still trying to create something specific for Apples products. I'm sure they probably hate they way Apple has shut them out, but BILLIONS are at stake so it's worth their time to try to make a deal. With that said, there will be no hard feelings from Visa if eBay wont allow them to be an approved payment option. Both companies will continue to enjoy the business they DO have. I personally don't believe it will come to ebay. It's just for Visa card owners. It will be the only payment option that alienates other card users. You're crazy if you think eBay is gonna deal with millions of people contacting them asking why they only accept Visa since 99% of the sellers on ebay would switch in a heart beat to get away from paypal. Lets stop the dreaming shall we.

Last edited by IDK; 03-18-2011 at 12:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to IDK For This Useful Post:
stevesokol21 (03-18-2011)
Old 03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDK View Post
LOL You guys make it sound so childish. Like 2 kids arguing over who gets the ball. This is BIG business... Far beyond trivial things such as "accept us or we wont accept you" Case and point. Apple and Adobe. Or Google and Apple... All of these companies are NOT playing nice at the moment, but you don't see Google pulling Apps from Apple. Adobe being refused by Apple is a joke, yet Adobe is still trying to create something specific for Apples products. I'm sure they probably hate they way Apple has shut them out, but BILLIONS are at stake so it's worth their time to try to make a deal. With that said, there will be no hard feelings from Visa if eBay wont allow them to be an approved payment option. Both companies will continue to enjoy the business they DO have. I personally don't believe it will come to ebay. It's just for Visa card owners. It will be the only payment option that alienates other card users. You're crazy if you think eBay is gonna deal with millions of people contacting them asking why they only accept Visa since 99% of the sellers on ebay would switch in a heart beat to get away from paypal. Lets stop the dreaming shall we.
i completely agree with that.
Old 03-24-2011

Longevity: 89%

ebay pushes Paypal, like a crack dealer pushes crack. I am surprised they allow anything else. I miss money orders...
Old 03-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheezone View Post
ebay pushes Paypal, like a crack dealer pushes crack. I am surprised they allow anything else. I miss money orders...
Yeah, back in the day, I got a call from my Dad when I was at work (back in like 1997) telling me the mailman rang the bell because the mail wouldn't fit in the mailbox. Processing those checks WAS a lot of work, but once they cleared, that was it. My bank never put holds on my money, never demanded supplier info or DNA samples....

Not to mention, in the early years, out of over 5,000 checks received, ONLY ONE BOUNCED! Sure, there were some non-paying bidders, but I'd rather have to deal with that than PayPal any day of the week!
Old 03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Yeah, back in the day, I got a call from my Dad when I was at work (back in like 1997) telling me the mailman rang the bell because the mail wouldn't fit in the mailbox. Processing those checks WAS a lot of work, but once they cleared, that was it. My bank never put holds on my money, never demanded supplier info or DNA samples....

Not to mention, in the early years, out of over 5,000 checks received, ONLY ONE BOUNCED! Sure, there were some non-paying bidders, but I'd rather have to deal with that than PayPal any day of the week!
Lmao i know thats rite, so many dam scams with pp not even funny
I think this could be a beggining of something.. visa is prolly the biggest card comp even over mastercard or anything else.. this could be the marijuana of credit cards.. eventually opening the window to mastercard etc