When Does Paypal Limit your account?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-17-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default When Does Paypal Limit your account??

Ive got a bunch of accounts set up. Got 20 New bank accounts thanks to Wachovia's ability to open them online and link to my original account. Im ready to sell but I have already gotten one limited (tried to withdraw money), and another one limited (when guy put up a buyer complaint 2 hours after paying) so now im trying to figure out how im going to get the money out. Do they limit you if you keep the money in the account. And do they limit you if you try to buy something with the funds in the accont?

What Im thinking is verifying the account with bank account and bogus info of course. Then after the sale purchasing a gift card from somewhere with the funds. Will this cause them to limit the account? Anyone tried this yet?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2008

do banks ever get suspicious when you open so many accounts??
Old 01-18-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

You'll want to confirm and verify your accounts to not get limited. It's the first thing you should do before you start withdrawing money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot10 View Post
Ive got a bunch of accounts set up. Got 20 New bank accounts thanks to Wachovia's ability to open them online and link to my original account. Im ready to sell but I have already gotten one limited (tried to withdraw money), and another one limited (when guy put up a buyer complaint 2 hours after paying) so now im trying to figure out how im going to get the money out. Do they limit you if you keep the money in the account. And do they limit you if you try to buy something with the funds in the accont?

What Im thinking is verifying the account with bank account and bogus info of course. Then after the sale purchasing a gift card from somewhere with the funds. Will this cause them to limit the account? Anyone tried this yet?
Old 01-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

The only thing you can do is refund the buyers and direct them to another paypal account you set up and have them send the money there. End of story.
Old 01-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiadreamer View Post
do banks ever get suspicious when you open so many accounts??
In the US, probably. Here in Japan, my bank manager knows about what PayPal does and he just asks me "they closed another one?" when I walk into the branch and gets the forms ready for a new account. The bank makes about $10 per new account so they're happy too :D
Old 01-20-2008

Longevity: 95%

Well, I was forced to do something that was counter intuitive. I refunded my customers over $1,600.00. They promptly re-submitted full payments to another account. Paypal who wanted to hold my money for 180 days was left out of the loop. I realized that customers are want to do whats right.

If you are an honest seller w/customers who are happy......try it.
Old 01-20-2008
Banned

Yes, but that is probably because you did not ship the items yet or they had not received them. I have done this a few times on different accounts, and only about 20% repaid, AFTER they received the item. I usually wait to ship item until I get payment out, but the actual cost of my item even with shipping is only around $4, so I never lose to much.
Old 01-20-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
You'll want to confirm and verify your accounts to not get limited. It's the first thing you should do before you start withdrawing money.
I verified my account with a bank and it got limited after $300 2 transactions.

Good thing I have multiple merchant accounts and a solid Google check out..
Old 01-20-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

I think we should delete all paypal threads and make them into merchant accounts thread. its kind of like we are going against our word of not using Paypal. If we continue to advertise Paypal on this thread more people will think its okay to use them. If we just advertise merchant account threads then more people will leave Paypal alone and open up there own merchant accounts..

Just my personal opinion but who gives a rat asz
Old 01-20-2008

Hey- same thing.. Got limited after 5,6, or 7 small sales, and a couple small buys... (The acct was verified by the way)
Old 01-20-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
I think we should delete all paypal threads and make them into merchant accounts thread. its kind of like we are going against our word of not using Paypal. If we continue to advertise Paypal on this thread more people will think its okay to use them. If we just advertise merchant account threads then more people will leave Paypal alone and open up there own merchant accounts..

Just my personal opinion but who gives a rat asz
Since November or so any new acct ive made I have not been able to list w/o a PP account. I tried entering an aol email address that I have but not connected to any Paypal account and it came back invalid. I had to accept Paypal and it had to be sent to my email registered in ebay.

I agree that we should encourage merchant accounts and get away from Paypal. I am signing up for Ccnow soon. At first I needed to do the PP route because I needed the initial money cause I had stock just sitting here for 3 months before I found this forum. I couldn't afford to wait the 45days then 15days (I think thats what it is w/ ccnow) for the money. Im close to being able to wait for the funds thanks to this board.
Old 01-20-2008

Hi- I personally have had 2 what they call Buyer Inquiries-but they are closed out the same day as I responded.. in both cases-buyer asked for a refund-so I provided returns address..Both buyers then in 2 days opened another...then again in 1 week.. finally, I was pretty blunt + told ccnow + them no refunds without the mdse back.Haven't heard since. Its been 2 months. Btw-both buyers from same town-I think they were same scammer? Anyhow- ccnow apparently agreed + will not answer anymore of their foolish emails/inquiries.
Old 01-21-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Hi- I personally have had 2 what they call Buyer Inquiries-but they are closed out the same day as I responded.. in both cases-buyer asked for a refund-so I provided returns address..Both buyers then in 2 days opened another...then again in 1 week.. finally, I was pretty blunt + told ccnow + them no refunds without the mdse back.Haven't heard since. Its been 2 months. Btw-both buyers from same town-I think they were same scammer? Anyhow- ccnow apparently agreed + will not answer anymore of their foolish emails/inquiries.
MSDE?

And do the buyers file them through paypal or CCNOW?