UK Ebay accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 01-21-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default UK Ebay accounts

whats the best pre-paid to use in the uk for a ebay account. thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-21-2008

Longevity: 96%

can you please explain what is best in your terms?
Old 01-21-2008
Threadstarter  

hi sorry. prepaids that let you open as many as you like. ones that ebay allow. sorry im new to this and just trying to find out all the info before i do it. any info at all will be great. do all prepaids get you a sellers account on ebay if you do it right? thanks again.
Old 01-21-2008

no not all prepaid cards can be registered to create seller accounts...
donot get masestro or switch..

look out for visa electron, visa or mastercard... most of the cards you get in uk require your real info.. so its not easy to get all that you want as we can do it i guess so in usa.. i havent come across a single card which you can get without giving your real info.. however i have heard/read that later on you can change that info however i havent done it myself.. maybe because i have no intention to sting ebay fees wise... i beleive its part of bussiness (seller fees... if you rent a place to sell you give them rent due right??? so is the case with ebay its providing you a venue to sell..) anyway... i have heard 3v is good they specifically mention (along with other prepaid cards) that you cannnot use it for creating ebay seller account but if you register using it ebay accepts...

look for cards having following qualities..

1. visa electron/visa/mastercard
2. no monthly fees
3. no annual fees
4. no transaction fees online..

post office travel money card is a good start.. very good cards not very high fees you can 3 in total one of each in $,£ and euro..

i beleive taking these guidelines it should be an easy start..

best luck ( but my recommendation is do pay ebay seller fees no matter how pissed off you are ) otherwise paypal will track you and freeze all your money and make your life hell.. no paypal means a sharp decline in sales

goodluck
Old 01-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbid View Post
no not all prepaid cards can be registered to create seller accounts...
donot get masestro or switch..

look out for visa electron, visa or mastercard... most of the cards you get in uk require your real info.. so its not easy to get all that you want as we can do it i guess so in usa.. i havent come across a single card which you can get without giving your real info.. however i have heard/read that later on you can change that info however i havent done it myself.. maybe because i have no intention to sting ebay fees wise... i beleive its part of bussiness (seller fees... if you rent a place to sell you give them rent due right??? so is the case with ebay its providing you a venue to sell..) anyway... i have heard 3v is good they specifically mention (along with other prepaid cards) that you cannnot use it for creating ebay seller account but if you register using it ebay accepts...

look for cards having following qualities..

1. visa electron/visa/mastercard
2. no monthly fees
3. no annual fees
4. no transaction fees online..

post office travel money card is a good start.. very good cards not very high fees you can 3 in total one of each in $,£ and euro..

i beleive taking these guidelines it should be an easy start..

best luck ( but my recommendation is do pay ebay seller fees no matter how pissed off you are ) otherwise paypal will track you and freeze all your money and make your life hell.. no paypal means a sharp decline in sales

goodluck
hi do you know if gift cards work in the uk to create a sellers account on ebay. i know they work in us as ive heard but never heard anyone say the uk.
Old 01-23-2008

i beleive any gift card can be used in uk provided they have atleast 1£ in them for verification (except maestro/swith/solo)....
Old 01-23-2008

info is on this site in NUMEROUS different places

CASHPLUS card is your best bet

Why do people not research and read before posting requests that have been asked for time and time again

PAULUSS
Old 01-23-2008

A Bank Identification Number (BIN) is the first six digits of the number of ALL financial cards.

These digits identify which network the card belongs to as well as which organization issued it.

Cards participating in the BIN system include:

credit cards
debit cards
charge cards
stored-value cards
Electronic Benefit Transfer cards

The parameters of the card number and your IP location will seive you out

a card is broke down into the following

A card has a standard "BIN" code

This is a standard format of Bank Identifier Codes approved by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)

It is the unique identification code of a particular bank, as per country as per region.

The SWIFT code is 8 or 11 characters, made up of:

4 characters - bank code (only letters)
2 characters - ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code (only letters)
2 characters - location code (letters and digits)

Where an 8-digit code is given, it may be assumed that it refers to the primary office.

Ie Barclaycard 4249 4079 xxxx xxxx
Halifax/HBOS 4049 7280 xxxx xxxx

PayPal and eBay are not stupid

If folk on here are not 100% in sure in what they say they should keep it zipped

ie a USA VCC will not work long term on a UK eBay/PayPal

PAULUSS
Old 01-23-2008

try entropay.com. £5 min load per card, and balances can be transferred if you need to set up a new card. they work with ebay on any name/address. i used to use cashplus and 3v but you have to load more onto them, and they take longer as you have to wait for them to arrive in the post.
Old 01-23-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauluss View Post
A Bank Identification Number (BIN) is the first six digits of the number of ALL financial cards.

These digits identify which network the card belongs to as well as which organization issued it.

credit cards
debit cards
charge cards
stored-value cards

This is a standard format of Bank Identifier Codes approved by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)

It is the unique identification code of a particular bank, as per country as per region.

Where an 8-digit code is given, it may be assumed that it refers to the primary office.

If folk on here are not 100% in sure in what they say they should keep it zipped

PAULUSS
thanks for the info. i know i shouldve looked harder but didnt see any uk info mate. sorry but thanks for sharing again mate.
Old 01-25-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks to everyone on the forum just opened my first account with a v3 card. Couldnt have done it without you guys!!!! THANKS
Old 01-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

This an outstanding place to get info, you might consider subscribing, the info i have received here is priceless. Just a thought.....................
Old 01-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauluss View Post

credit cards
debit cards
charge cards
stored-value cards

PAULUSS
pauluss you sure have given a long description about card numbers and all, but i dont accept your conclusion one bit... i have 4 accounts active UK ones with 2 of them are registered with foreign credit cards.. 3 of my newly created seller accounts are created with gift cards.. most of them selling high volume rest lying dormant.. just if you know theory doesnt mean you are well at practical too.. anyway learn to handle ebay rather than getting theoretical with it.. hope you dont mind.. but i m talking from experience.. lolz