⊗⊗⊗⊗ Feedback Aliexpress - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 03-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Feedback Aliexpress

⊗⊗⊗⊗ feedback has been a common problem with aliexpress when it first opened up. The problem is the fact that many chinese people who sell on aliexpress have multiple accounts, and they keep on giving each other feedback with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts.

It's getting harder and harder to find genuine sellers on aliexpress as most of these suppliers have multiple accounts. You can easily tell by looking at the buyers profile, and what he/she has bought. It's obvious when three or four people consistently purchase from the same supplier and leave multiple positive feedback. I have even confirmed with a seller of mine who sells on aliexpress that most of his feedback are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and are from stealth accounts.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-20-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Find a more legit supplier source?
Old 03-20-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrowman View Post
I find Dhgate's system more of a hassle, as there feedback system is messed up. They hide the buyers id, and you don't really know what they bought.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 03-20-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

I know of a great supplier on aliexpress if anyone is interested. I started dealing with him about 9 months ago when he was a rep for another company on aliexpress. Now he has his own aliexpress store with about 90 items listed, but he can find you anything you want.

He has always been honest about certain items that he feels are not good, and always suggests good quality items as well. Great prices and ships exactly 2 days after placing order with him. He is the only one I absolutely trust 100%.

Anyone interested, please pm me, I'll give the link to his store.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cubfan11 For This Useful Post:
bigbrother (04-29-2011), Burning (03-21-2011), morningwood (03-21-2011), slapped (03-21-2011), stanislav (03-21-2011)
Old 03-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrowman View Post
Most likely anybody on Aliexpress or DHGate are not legit sources
Old 03-21-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
Yes it can be difficult to find a good trustworthy supplier on those sites, but the good thing about aliexpress is that they all are required to accept "escrow" payments.

You place your order, send the money into an escrow account which holds the money until you get your order and are happy with it. Only then do you go in and release the money to the supplier. If you don't receive your order, or it's c rap you report it to the escrow service, you return it and get your money back... zero risk.

This is for aliexpress.com only, does not apply to alibaba.com...
The Following User Says Thank You to cubfan11 For This Useful Post:
Burning (03-21-2011)
Old 03-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Those Chinese sellers that are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ vero items are also doing this on eBay. It's so ****ing obvious that it gives me a headache whenever I see a seller like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
Burning (03-21-2011)
Old 03-21-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfan11 View Post
Yes it can be difficult to find a good trustworthy supplier on those sites, but the good thing about aliexpress is that they all are required to accept "escrow" payments.

You place your order, send the money into an escrow account which holds the money until you get your order and are happy with it. Only then do you go in and release the money to the supplier. If you don't receive your order, or it's c rap you report it to the escrow service, you return it and get your money back... zero risk.

This is for aliexpress.com only, does not apply to alibaba.com...
There escrow service is nothing but a joke, if you have ever used it before. It can take more than 35+ days just to resolve a problem. I suggest reading horror stories, but as long as you pay by credit card, you are covered under there policy. I have had to open a charge back previously, but otherwise out of 30 transactions, only one has gone bad.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 03-22-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Burning, I have to admit I've never had to place a claim on there yet, and I do believe it could take a while to get it resolved, but at least there is hope. It's still better than sending a payment, not getting your stuff, then never seeing your money again.

I guess it at least keeps the seller as honest as possible knowing he won't see a dime if he doesn't come through with your order... Which does make the odds in your favor as you stated, only 1 charge back in 30 orders.

Thanks for the info on the charge back process, it's good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
There escrow service is nothing but a joke, if you have ever used it before. It can take more than 35+ days just to resolve a problem. I suggest reading horror stories, but as long as you pay by credit card, you are covered under there policy. I have had to open a charge back previously, but otherwise out of 30 transactions, only one has gone bad.
Old 03-22-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
That why I am suggesting to find a legitimate source, not just another supplier on the same sites.
Old 04-22-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Agreed. The escrow is horrific. Try contacting them via email or requesting an update. Impossible.

That said, most of the sellers I have dealt with are decent. I try to work with the seller that has the most feedback, even if a little more $. If the seller has issues, i am sure to leave then bad feedback.
Old 04-22-2011

I've used aliexpress several times ($300-500 in items purchased) ever had issue. when I email contact person got response same or next day. also had to return/cancel item got money back on Paypal in 2 days!. Got to agree with cubfan11 once you deal or find that one person on aliexpress try to stick with same person
Old 04-22-2011

Yup! same here, havent had a bad transaction yet.
some sellers are legit and some are not like any other marketplace.
Old 04-22-2011

I have spent thousands of $ and will continue to spend. My comments were directed at the escrow service.

The same feedback issue can be said for eBay. You can get 100% positve feedback as buyer and then use that cred for selling.

One note on Aliexpress feedback is that if no feedback is left for an order, the seller AUTOMATICALLY gets 4 out of 5 stars.
Old 04-22-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

The aliexpress platform itself is flawless, but like I said, I have had problems in the past with escrow. There service is horrendous, when it comes to a scammer or a seller not co-operating. They tend to stick on the sellers side, and tell you to solve the issue between them...

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 04-23-2011

As the escrow does NOT offer protection, here are the general rules i follow.

1. Don't deal with anyone with less then 100 positive feedback.
2. Look at the feedback. Look for the negatives. What was the issue?
3. On the product page, scroll down to see if there is any feedback left for that item.
4. Do the product pictures have a watermark for someone else? Look for that someone else. Probably means this seller is purchasing from that someone else.
5. Send them an a message. Doesn't matter what you ask, just to see if they respond. Send on a weekday. Some of them slack off on weekends like us.
6. Use Visa/MC if possible to protect yourself. (Good for points, airline miles, etc).
7. Most sellers claim they will ship within 5 days. This varies by product. Smaller ones will usually take longer as they need to source the product. Some will even use false tracking numbers so that they do not get penalized by the aliexpress system.
8. After the order is marked as shipped, check the tracking number. Run through the appropriate system. Is the number valid? EMS, Fedex, DHL are pretty reliable for tracking. It they say they don't have package, they don't. China Post and HK Post are a crapshoot. I have have packages not show in neither the China/HK post system or the USPS system.
9. Once the Aliexpress system says your order was delivered, make sure it really was. Check that PO box, friends house, mail room or where ever you have stuff sent. I have been given false tracking numbers before.
10. If you have any reason to contact after payment about the order, use the aliexpress message system. Just in case you want to get payment reversed by bank.
11. If your product looks ok and you are satisfied, go leave feedback. Put only facts in there so other potential buyers can use the info. My negatives are always due to shipping issues. If you don't leave feedback, the seller automatically gets 4 stars.
The Following User Says Thank You to mim For This Useful Post:
Burning (04-27-2011)
Old 05-28-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mim View Post
As the escrow does NOT offer protection, here are the general rules i follow.

1. Don't deal with anyone with less then 100 positive feedback.
2. Look at the feedback. Look for the negatives. What was the issue?
3. On the product page, scroll down to see if there is any feedback left for that item.
4. Do the product pictures have a watermark for someone else? Look for that someone else. Probably means this seller is purchasing from that someone else.
5. Send them an a message. Doesn't matter what you ask, just to see if they respond. Send on a weekday. Some of them slack off on weekends like us.
6. Use Visa/MC if possible to protect yourself. (Good for points, airline miles, etc).
7. Most sellers claim they will ship within 5 days. This varies by product. Smaller ones will usually take longer as they need to source the product. Some will even use false tracking numbers so that they do not get penalized by the aliexpress system.
8. After the order is marked as shipped, check the tracking number. Run through the appropriate system. Is the number valid? EMS, Fedex, DHL are pretty reliable for tracking. It they say they don't have package, they don't. China Post and HK Post are a crapshoot. I have have packages not show in neither the China/HK post system or the USPS system.
9. Once the Aliexpress system says your order was delivered, make sure it really was. Check that PO box, friends house, mail room or where ever you have stuff sent. I have been given false tracking numbers before.
10. If you have any reason to contact after payment about the order, use the aliexpress message system. Just in case you want to get payment reversed by bank.
11. If your product looks ok and you are satisfied, go leave feedback. Put only facts in there so other potential buyers can use the info. My negatives are always due to shipping issues. If you don't leave feedback, the seller automatically gets 4 stars.
Very very good advice i have 25+ transactions under my belt now between both dhgate and alibaba

It's in your hands find a product your interested in then research the supplier live chat emails study there feedback etc etc and remember cheapest isn't always best quality

Also if your just starting out pick more than item and find more than one supplier and spend a few hundred £ on some sample's get the supplier's to email you some pics print them off show them to friends and family see if any of them would be interested in any of the stuff then order it and let them have it at cost or just make a small profit this way you get your money back and you can use a few different suppliers inspect the quality,customer sertvice and delivery time and the people that bought at cost can also advertise what you can get
Old 05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikade View Post
Also if your just starting out pick more than item and find more than one supplier and spend a few hundred £ on some sample's get the supplier's to email you some pics print them off show them to friends and family see if any of them would be interested in any of the stuff then order it and let them have it at cost or just make a small profit this way you get your money back and you can use a few different suppliers inspect the quality,customer service and delivery time and the people that bought at cost can also advertise what you can get
If you mean get the same item from different suppliers, then yes. I would not suggest buying several new product lines at the same time. You may end up with a lot of non selling stuff.

Also, don't mention you are looking for samples or you will order big next time. If so, you may get some nice looking samples in the first order and a lot of crap when you make the big order.
Old 05-29-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mim View Post
If you mean get the same item from different suppliers, then yes. I would not suggest buying several new product lines at the same time. You may end up with a lot of non selling stuff.

Also, don't mention you are looking for samples or you will order big next time. If so, you may get some nice looking samples in the first order and a lot of crap when you make the big order.
Yes same item different suppliers

I agree don't mention samples just act like you want the items for yourself