Proof Of purchase? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Proof Of purchase?

I received a response from Ebay yesterday about my OMM002 suspension and they said that since my accounts were closely related to the suspended account, even if i dont own them, they have to be in good standing to operate my accounts.

So i had my wife call Ebay about her old account and they said if she paid the past due fees she would be reinstated and any accounts linked would be reinstated.

Also in the letter it said i had to fax proof of purchase of the items i have recently listed, i called them about this because my proof of purchase is a receipt from a employee warehouse sale. The items were drastically reduced and the receipt just shows a generic item # and override price, it doesnt state any info or names of the merchandise that was purchased. It does state the company name and warehouse sale.

I explained this to the rep and she said to fax the receipt and a explanation of why its a generic receipt and it will be reviewed.

I've sold $1,000's of items, some single items over $5,000 ea and never been asked for proof of purchase, this was on a different account but linked and all legit info. I dont have any negative's or disputed items.

Is this pretty normal for Ebay to question Proof of Purchase? Anyone had to do this with a receipt that didnt state any info about the item?

Thanks in advance for any info!!!

Mike
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

It's more than normal for them to ask for pretty much anything.

Just don't expect anything much from eB though. They are liars.

Last edited by SaiJin; 01-20-2011 at 01:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
rsot (01-20-2011)
Old 01-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSMIKE2K View Post
they said that since my accounts were closely related to the suspended account, even if i dont own them, they have to be in good standing to operate my accounts.
Be careful when in this territory. As long as it doesn't cost any money supply them with any info they ask and hope for the best. Problem is if any of these accounts owe money they will tell you to pay it and they will reinstate you. They wont. They just want the money so it is a bold face lie. Stand your ground, these are not your accounts. But if they believe they are, they wont listen very well sadly.
Old 01-21-2011
Threadstarter  

Does Ebay just look at the proof you send them and accept or deny it or will they follow up with phone calls to verify the receipt? Because the receipt i have just shows quantity and prices, no descriptions, model numbers or UPC codes?

thanks

Mike
Old 01-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSMIKE2K View Post
I received a response from Ebay yesterday about my OMM002 suspension and they said that since my accounts were closely related to the suspended account, even if i dont own them, they have to be in good standing to operate my accounts.

So i had my wife call Ebay about her old account and they said if she paid the past due fees she would be reinstated and any accounts linked would be reinstated.
a usual and nasty ploy by ebay. On one hand they get the outstanding fees and on the other hand they trick you by saying that. Short of having such a claim in writing, be prepared for the fact that the accounts may now be toast. Our experiences here have shown that they restore accounts then suspend them quickly thereafter for a generic reason.

Quote:
Also in the letter it said i had to fax proof of purchase of the items i have recently listed, i called them about this because my proof of purchase is a receipt from a employee warehouse sale. The items were drastically reduced and the receipt just shows a generic item # and override price, it doesnt state any info or names of the merchandise that was purchased. It does state the company name and warehouse sale.

I explained this to the rep and she said to fax the receipt and a explanation of why its a generic receipt and it will be reviewed.
Now sounding like ebay double-talk. Yes they want receipts,yes they will appear to listen to your explanation. At the end of the day it may be of no point.

Quote:
I've sold $1,000's of items, some single items over $5,000 ea and never been asked for proof of purchase, this was on a different account but linked and all legit info. I dont have any negative's or disputed items.

Is this pretty normal for Ebay to question Proof of Purchase? Anyone had to do this with a receipt that didnt state any info about the item?

Thanks in advance for any info!!!
Mike
Each case of a suspended account differs. More often than not it is down to the ebay staffer dealing with the suspension. More or less to get you off the phone, there is a tendency for staffers to say many things & mean little to none of them.
I realize this is more than annoying. But it is better to forewarn you of a probable negative outcome.
Old 03-24-2011
Threadstarter  

I Still havent resolved my Account needing proof of purchase on items i sold.

As i stated before i dont have a receipt that shows in any detail what i purchased and i'm scared if i fax this receipt they wont accept it and then my accounts will be toast forever.

Has anyone had any luck with making or manipulating receipts? Anyone know how far ebays goes to verify the receipts?

The items were sold and relieved positive feedback so its not like any of the buyers are disputing the items.

What do people do if they buy lets say storage units and sell stuff on ebay? no itemized receipts there..

What will happen if i just close the account that they need the receipts for, will that release the linked account that is restricted?

Thanks alot

Mike
Old 03-24-2011

Longevity: 75%

I tried to explain to ebay that I picked up some of the stuff I sell at thrift stores and auctions. They were pretty much like well if you don't have receipts for anything we are going to have to limit your account.