Telstra Prepaid Wireless Broadband - IP addresses? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 10-04-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Telstra Prepaid Wireless Broadband - IP addresses?

I'm thinking of buying a cheap laptop and get a Telstra prepaid Wireless broadband USB stick and set up an account and pay $20 a month for internet, JUST to use with eBay/paypal.

With this type of connection, am I stuck with 1 IP address or does it change every time I connect (like dial-up)?

Would this type of connection be safe to use a stealth eBay account, or even a FEW stealth eBay accounts?

Please let me know what everyone thinks of this idea.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-06-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Hi there,

I use the Telstra prepaid broadband, and it is dynamic Ip, i.e IP address changed eveyrtime you connect/disconnect. I'd say this is perfect for stealthing. Apart from the ridiculous price telstra charges you, Go for it I'd say

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to down For This Useful Post:
jjjia (06-02-2011)
Old 12-22-2010

Longevity: 77%

I know this is an old thread but I am considering the same thing, only I will go with another provider.

I have not completed the book yet ( sorry ), but is there something about NOT using a different IP address everytime you sign into eBay?

I know that with the USB mobile broadband here in Aus uses a dynamic IP and the IP will change everytime, but does this give eBay a red flag?

If not can you use the same USB Modem to create several stealth accounts as everytime you sign in you are using a different IP address?

IDK, all input is appreciated.
Old 12-22-2010

Longevity: 81%

There's nothing wrong with a different ip everytime you sign in. This can't cause any flags as zoo many people have a dynamic ip.. E.g dail up.. Dont worry go 4 it get the telstra mobile Internet. Also yeah use it4all your accounts. Just be sure to dissconnect and reconnect for each account.
The Following User Says Thank You to invader_adam For This Useful Post:
ebayism (12-22-2010)
Old 12-22-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

ditto as Adam the invader says
The Following User Says Thank You to down For This Useful Post:
ebayism (12-22-2010)
Old 12-22-2010

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with a different ip everytime you sign in. This can't cause any flags as zoo many people have a dynamic ip.. E.g dail up.. Dont worry go 4 it get the telstra mobile Internet. Also yeah use it4all your accounts. Just be sure to dissconnect and reconnect for each account.
OK great! Thanks, I was looking at Virgin as their plans are quite cheap, but the IP according to the sales rep is static! I know 3 use a dynamic IP, but I think their coverage is ****house, so Telstra it is!

Good to see some Aussie's getting their own!

Long live the stealth!
Old 12-23-2010
Threadstarter  

I ended up buying Boost Wireless Prepaid Broadband.
It's the cheapest (only need to spend $10 a month).
The USB modem costs $49.00 and comes with 2GB of data too
I definetely recommend Boost to people wanting to go stealth.
I just brought a cheap $100 laptop and set up Boost broadband on it and I've been stealth on both a PayPal and eBay account for a couple of months now, haven't had any troubles whatsoever.
Home :: Boost Mobile
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackdeath For This Useful Post:
ebayism (12-27-2010), jjjia (06-02-2011)
Old 12-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Also yes boost prepaid broadband is a dynamic IP address meaning it's a different IP address each time I connect (I tested this).
So if your eBay/Paypal account does happen to somehow become suspended, just simply create a new one. No need to worry about changing IP addresses, etc.
Maybe just create a new user account though.
And if your using multiple accounts create multiple user accounts for each account, Just to be safe of course.
Old 12-23-2010

Vodaphone BB wireless pre-paid ... I can defiantly recommend... its dynamic, it has excellent coverage, you can buy them everywhere and there always coming out with new deals when you buy them...I saw an advertisement for buying one the other day- Vodafone wireless BB $29 incl 5gb usage... cheers just my 2 cents
The Following User Says Thank You to K.G.P For This Useful Post:
ebayism (12-27-2010)
Old 12-31-2010

HI,

And watch out using Iphone our mobile phone with tethered internet, sometimes they are providing Static IP even if your 3G connection used to be dynamic with the 3G-usb plug.

cheers
Old 02-02-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

HI, i just have a question here. If i use the boost usb mobile broadband as u say, will i need to be concerned about changing my MAC address everytime i sign into a different acct?
Old 03-08-2011

Longevity: 76%

If boost changes there ip you should not need to have to change your MAC address everyime as they really dont have anyway of verifying the mac address only the ip when logging in

Telstra USB is a great service to use. I love there speeds and connectivity compared to others i have tried. Now using Vodaphone and they also have a changed ip system. Speeds do not compare to Telstra.
hope this helps
Old 03-25-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcease View Post
If boost changes there ip you should not need to have to change your MAC address everyime as they really dont have anyway of verifying the mac address only the ip when logging in

Telstra USB is a great service to use. I love there speeds and connectivity compared to others i have tried. Now using Vodaphone and they also have a changed ip system. Speeds do not compare to Telstra.
hope this helps
3 Mobile/Vodaphone also has some good prepaid internet deals. The great thing about 3 is that they give you bonus Internet credit when you rechage

Eg $49 cap gets you 1gig data
$69 2gig etc
and if you recharge before your credit expires you credit roles over to next month
Old 07-16-2011

Longevity: 73%

Hi everybody,

So I'm really new in here and would like a bit of help.
It's is an old subject but maybe somebody can help me out.
I read the whole book yesterday (thought I was doing pretty good before but reading the book made me realize that I had no idea how things are really working).
So anyways, after trying the whole night to change my IP address, I found out that I can't do this at all because my current modem is static.
So I read about prepaid mobile broadband topic and thought I'll go and get one for myself. I didn't want to spend money just to find out that the USB stick still wouldn't change the IP address, so I asked from the sales representatives if the connection would be static or dynamic.
These are the answers:
Virgin thought that theirs is definitely dynamic (in this topic people will say that it's static).
Optus said that theirs is static and same goes for the Boost one (here people say that Boost is dynamic).
Telstra is bit too expensive and I have bad experience with Vodaphone, so I didn't check them at all.

So I'm so very confused now and have no idea which way to go. So if any of the current users could help me out with this I'd be very happy.
Old 07-17-2011

Longevity: 73%

Found the answer already. Friend has a Virgin mobile broadband and I tried with her USB stick. It is changing IP address every time I connect, so this problem is solved.
Old 07-20-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

i know this is off topic, but do any of you aussie stealthers have any tips on lifting limits on paypal once they ask for personal docs,
thanks for any advice.
Old 07-22-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Telstra Prepaid Wireless Broadband - IP addresses?

Any 2014 updates or do's and dont's on using a dynamic ip usb internet stick?
Old 07-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts

Do: Change IP's between Accounts
Do: Log IP's
Old 07-22-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Do: Change IP's between Accounts
Do: Log IP's
Can i ask why i should bother logging ip's used?

The usb internet used is dynamic so the ip is changed everytime.

Can understand to not backtrack over a dirty IP - though that would mean any unlucky everyday eBay user using his/her own usb internet would be at risk of logging into eBay with a dirty IP whether it was theirs or DrStealthySteve's down the street.

Noticed this was a few years old thread and was hoping to hear back from some of the Users in it in regards to their success or failings in using a dynamic USB internet stick for their stealth.
Old 07-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaappeal View Post
Can i ask why i should bother logging ip's used?

The usb internet used is dynamic so the ip is changed everytime.

Can understand to not backtrack over a dirty IP - though that would mean any unlucky everyday eBay user using his/her own usb internet would be at risk of logging into eBay with a dirty IP whether it was theirs or DrStealthySteve's down the street.

Noticed this was a few years old thread and was hoping to hear back from some of the Users in it in regards to their success or failings in using a dynamic USB internet stick for their stealth.
To each his own bananaappeal - if you are certain that your chances of dirty IP use is low then...well, up to you.

Dynamic USB stick works very well
Old 07-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaappeal View Post

I use a dynamic USB stick.

Because I run multiple accounts, I log IPs.

It's part of my methods for being safe.

Old 07-22-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
I use a dynamic USB stick.

Because I run multiple accounts, I log IPs.

It's part of my methods for being safe.

Just incase you backtrack somewhere over your many accounts?

Then theoretically we could by chance have both logged in with the same IP? as far fetched as it sounds.