relisting after the item doesn't sell - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 01-22-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default relisting after the item doesn't sell

I don't know if it's just happening to me, but I run an auction for 5 days, and weather it sells or not I always relist it; about a half hour aftern I relist my items my account gets blocked.
Should I just run one week of listings then just open up a new account so if someone wins they don't get a form email saying do not purchase this item or get a refund through your credit card company.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-22-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

That's weird. I haven't heard of eBay suspended an account for simply relisting. How do you relist? Maybe it's something you do that triggers a suspension.
Old 01-22-2008

Longevity: 95%

Yes, I used to get them when using the Selling Mgr for the ebay store+ hit Relist for 25 items/time...that's (Abusing)... Once the feedback hit 60..it was ok for me..All the do's/dont's seems to be hinging on Acct. age + Feedback..Going back to what Pierre set up, but using Million Dollar anti fraud / Risk control software...
Old 01-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Well that's what I did today, there was about 8 items that I relisted at once, but I don't use any of the power seller features or anything like that. Maybe that put a red flag? I dunno. All I know is I have to go and buy a new gift card every week and I'd like to be able to keep an account for at least a month!
Old 01-22-2008

HI- I buy 10 at a time.. (not any cheaper)- just keep them on hand..
Old 01-22-2008
Threadstarter  

yes, but regardless of how many I get they seem to only last for a week or so; as soon as I sell a couple or relist them after the run the account gets blocked. Something is wrong and I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm not doing right.
I clear the IP as well as history; maybe it's because I'm using Firefox? That's the only browser that seems to work correctly with ebay. Opera is by far the worst.
I would again just like to have an account for at least a month, long enough to get a few sales out of without my buyers getting these emails saying not to complete the sale.
Old 01-22-2008

Hi- FABRICATOR:
>>WE ALL go through the banging our heads on the wall...
Take a DEEP BREATH.. relax.
>>>NOw, walk away from it for awhile, a day or so.. all the while, running things through your mind, but stay AWAY from the pc...
>>>After the day or two-- then go back to it fresh!'
now--If you havent figured out what it was, and you have followed Aspkins guide...
>>>Do what I did.. go buy a new hard drive, for $250 or cheaper, go to walmart, get a Wrt54G Linksys Router for $49, and get a new dsl mode, for about $39...
>>>NOW, your hardware side is GUARANTEED fixed.
Oh, change your computer name, MY Computer, right click-properties,..

--Now, move onto your DIFFERENT IDENTITY..

EVERYTHING-- all pics, the descriptions, DO NOT USE the written ones in front of you-- do it off your head, let a neighbor describe your items to you, while you type (i use my kids)..
ANd, YES< i know its a pain, BUT--go get your Digital Camera.. take ALL new pics.
Change your method of payment up-- switch up to a Simon, or something you have NEVER used.
Switch up to an email you have never used,
---Change your ship from area from "YOUR TOWN" to "USA" or Something else, "Mickeys Den".
__ Go to preferences, change up to prevent "new bies" without a paypal acct to bid.. (JUST IN CASE ITS YOUR COMPETITOR AFTER YOU)---
Switch up your shipping methods, i.e. if you ALWAYS use- flat rate 3.99 --NOW its Priority mail/ $4.66, etc..
-- If you ALWAYS use BOLD + GIFT ICON.. no more.

--- So, you understand-- You are a NEW person.. you must list like a newbie,, like someone NEW... you CANNOT let them win!
Good Luck!

PS=- Also try altering your categories if possible-- if you cannot think how2-- do a search-- then check what others are doing--+++ When you take your pics-- Please dont forget to change angles.. If you sell shoes-- and your close ups are always the soles.. then another close up of the soles on black leather Doc Martins wouldnt be hard to figure out..would it??
Old 01-22-2008
Threadstarter  

good info but I have a MAC not a PC. Also, I've tried on another computer and it still get suspended after at least a few weeks, so it's entirely not worth it to buy a new hard drive and spend all that money if it's going to get blocked again.
Also, the type of goods I sell are custom built to order, so I use the same pics for long blocks of time until I do new photo shoots of the new versions or newest versions of my products.
As I say, I mainly use ebay as advertisement as most of my orders are just put in with me direct, however I would like to maintain an account longer than 5 days of the listings. There has to be a way.
We all get the same thing "abusing ebay" which doesn't even make sense as we do not even get a chance to abuse ebay nor use it to their advantage which would be being able to pay our seller fees.
Old 01-22-2008

Longevity: 94%

I understand what you mean. I am going through the same thing and have been for a while. Do not waste your money on new hard drives, routers, modems, etc. If you're like me....since you haven't been able to sell....you don't have any money to waste anyway.
I have an idea. Instead of relisting...try "sell similar" and change a small detail. This will probably work.
I read somewhere something about a 30% rule. Ebay will not let one seller monopolize. In other words, don't sell items that are identical as far as the listing itself goes.
TRY the SELL SIMILAR and let me know how it goes.
Old 01-23-2008
Threadstarter  

I wasn't about to, there's so much involved with installing a new hard drive, everything has to be reinstalled and reformatted, what a headache. As I said it will only be blocked again anyway, not worth it even for a month.
I though about doing sell similar. See my products are similar in a way that they are all puppets, however each one is a different character with different features, so I use the same descriptions to make it faster to list them. I usually list about 15 to 20 different characters, and list about 4 a day.
So I will try that when it comes time to list.
Old 01-23-2008
Threadstarter  

well I've just used one of my personal accounts with 6 feedback and about 10 months old, changed my IP and verified with a bogus name to sell; listed a couple of items with buy it now options, and bam, blocked.
Just wasted my only buyer's account. I'm just out of ideas. Thinking of pulling out my old G4 and using that as my new "hard drive" to use exclusively for ebay. I guess I'll let a few days go by before I start up again, maybe that's the whole problem, I don't allow enough time for things to settle down a bit.
Old 01-24-2008

Maybe ebay recorded the last couple IP address logged into the account.

Also if you just converted it to selling, I recommend list 1 item and see if it shows up before listing more.
Old 12-02-2018

Longevity: 31%
Default Re: relisting after the item doesn't sell

Also if you just converted it to selling, I recommend list 1 item and see if it shows up before listing more.
Old 12-02-2018

Also if you just converted it to selling, I recommend list 1 item and see if it shows up before listing more..
Old 12-02-2018

Also if you just converted it to selling, I recommend list 1 item and see if it shows up before listing more...
Old 12-02-2018

Also if you just converted it to selling, I recommend list 1 item and see if it shows up before listing more....
Old 12-02-2018

Also if you just converted it to selling, I recommend list 1 item and see if it shows up before listing more.....
Old 12-02-2018

Also if you just converted it to selling, I recommend list 1 item and see if it shows up before listing more......
Old 12-02-2018

Also if you just converted it to selling, I recommend list 1 item and see if it shows up before listing more........
Old 12-02-2018

Also if you just converted it to selling, I recommend list 1 item and see if it shows up before listing more.........
Old 12-02-2018

Also if you just converted it to selling, I recommend list 1 item and see if it shows up before listing more...........
Old 12-02-2018

Also if you just converted it to selling, I recommend list 1 item and see if it shows up before listing more.............