Question about multiple accounts on Amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-31-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Question about multiple accounts on Amazon

Ok I just recently got done reading Amazon Ghost, which was great. I have decided to do the accounts I will be setting up at my local library since it is only a few blocks away and I am not very computer savy.

My question is, will I be able to check out the emails that I set up for the amazon accounts from home as long as I have the Flash cookies disabled? Since I will be using gmail accounts they already disable them for me. I just don't want to keep going to the library to check to see if i need to get labels printed out to be sent. It would be easier just to check the emails from home, then if I need to go print shipping labels or add new products I can just go to the library.

Will I be ok by doing this or will I be linked in anyway?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-31-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

Be careful when using public ip addresses, never know who has been to your library, and created an amazon account. If they were banned, you will be banned too. There has to be a safer way for you to obtain new ip addresses, so you won't have to take this risk. I don't want to scare you, just helping you out, if this is your only option for now, go for it, but if you can afford to try other options go for those.

As far as the emails go you should be alright, i wouldn't click on any links though.....
Old 03-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Gmail checking should be fine from home but Ninja does bring up a solid point - the HIGH chance that someone already has used that library for accounts.
Old 03-31-2011
Threadstarter  

Do you think they would really ban somebody though since I am pretty sure that the ip address would show as public and they would have to know that there are probably several hundred different people using it a week?
I would think that would be a pretty shady thing to do, before I bought eBay Stealth I would go to the library and logon under a friends name and do my work on his account from there. Never had any problems.

I do appreciate the feedback though, thank you.
Old 03-31-2011

Longevity: 89%
Send a message via AIM to adam34996 Send a message via MSN to adam34996

Had an account shut down from doing that at my college library, used the city one with no problems.

I would say this is a short term solution. Take some time, read, and you can go stealth at home.
Old 03-31-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks Adam, I think what I am going to do is test it out by using a friends account and try to sell a couple books on amazon from the library. So that way if they did decide to shut it down maybe I could call or have him call and just simply explain that his computer is down and was using the public library. I would imagine that they would understand that and either tell me to not use the library anymore, I couldn't see them just saying since you went to the library we have to cancel your account. But stranger things have happened. After dealing with ebay I wouldn't be suprised if they did. lol
Old 03-31-2011
Threadstarter  

Also I am computer stupid, I had to read the ebay stealth guide 5 times till I got it. After reading ghost I think I would have to reread that 100 times. lol
Old 04-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
Be careful when using public ip addresses, never know who has been to your library, and created an amazon account. If they were banned, you will be banned too. There has to be a safer way for you to obtain new ip addresses, so you won't have to take this risk. I don't want to scare you, just helping you out, if this is your only option for now, go for it, but if you can afford to try other options go for those.

As far as the emails go you should be alright, i wouldn't click on any links though.....
I've opened a couple accounts from public computers with the same ip. Just make sure everything else is different. It may be risky, but I haven't had a problem yet.
Old 04-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%

@giggidy123 - Am az on has been know to ban accounts for any little thing - lame or not.

Spread your account creations and plan to be blocked at any time is my best suggestion.
Old 04-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Years ago I Also Lost accounts created in a Library (BOTH Ebay and Amazon) So I Would not do it.

If you have a Cell Phone with an Internet Plan I would rather go that Route, and if you can spend a Little Money you may want to invest in an Unlocked GSM USB Modem Like this one:

Zoom 4595-00-03F 3G Unlocked USB Modem for GSM

You can find different Brands that do the SAME Exact thing for as little as $25.00. Simply Take the "SIM" Card out of your Phone, put it in the Modem,, plug the Modem into any USB Port on ANY Computer, Laptop, or Tablet (Pad/Ipad),,and you are Online using your Cell Phones internet Plan, and you get a Different IP Address everytime you Log on,,
IP Address can Repeat, It really depends on you Carrier and your area, Larger Metropolitan Areas are Better, In all cases thought it is both Manageable and VERY Easy

Just a Thought

Last edited by slapped; 04-01-2011 at 09:05 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
giggidy123 (04-01-2011), MERMAID (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011

Longevity: 80%
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Years ago I Also Lost accounts created in a Library (BOTH Ebay and Amazon) So I Would not do it.

If you have a Cell Phone with an Internet Plan I would rather go that Route, and if you can spend a Little Money you may want to invest in an Unlocked GSM USB Modem Like this one:

Zoom 4595-00-03F 3G Unlocked USB Modem for GSM

You can find different Brands that do the SAME Exact thing for as little as $25.00. Simply Take the "SIM" Card out of your Phone, put it in the Modem,, plug the Modem into any USB Port on ANY Computer, Laptop, or Tablet (Pad/Ipad),,and you are Online using your Cell Phones internet Plan, and you get a Different IP Address everytime you Log on,,
IP Address can Repeat, It really depends on you Carrier and your area, Larger Metropolitan Areas are Better, In all cases thought it is both Manageable and VERY Easy

Just a Thought
hi slapped with this unlocked+GSM+Modem you can change the number, but what about the mac address? this is unlocked meanS I do not NEED TO thinkING ABOUT Mac address, if I want multiple account amQZON
Old 04-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Mac address MUST Be changed to Manage Multiple Amazon accounts, Not Necessary for Ebay
Old 05-28-2011

Longevity: 78%

Is there any other way to have multiple amazon accounts on one computer, than using virtual machines? If I keep my mac addresses, ips, user accounts all separated and everything, can I have multiple accounts on one computer without being detected?

The VM stuff is just too complicated for me, and too complicated for my outdated computer, too.
Old 05-28-2011

why open on a public computer?? Seems like a pain in the A$$ to work a amazon account???