Anyone tried to sell via Amazon.com? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-25-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Unhappy Anyone tried to sell via Amazon.com?

Please advise. I am so tired of seeing all my ebay accounts get suspended.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-25-2007

HI- been there done that--still doing that... Its slow over there unless you sell books, kinda confusing too, i.e. i subscribedto the 39.99 upgrade i think its called a promerchant acct, so i could sell in a watch category--i still cant sell in that category, im talking a $50-$99 swiss quartz watch no biggie, seiko or something, always says not accepting any sellers for these categories, customers are nicer though, have 100% fb, got a whole 17 STARS in A YEAR AND A HALF... after the sale is complete, they send you an email- titled SOLD,SHIP NOW. you then have to log in, get the buyers address, then ship, NO WHERE to add tracking, so i always repond to the DONOTREPLY @amazon.com, so i at least have a record in my sent box.. then you can instantly, transfer funds to your check acct, you list by creating a listing, upload photos, sometimes they have stock photos,
>> in some ways its easier to list than ebay, others its not,, OH, and BTW- expect a temporary suspension , when you get going, sold i think like $4$0 in first 2 weeks, then got the email, it took amazon almost a MONTH.. to reinstate, and of course, all the 50-60 listings it took me 2-3 days to hassle to get upo, (now i could do it in 1 day, but i was new)-- they were all deleted... So, pros and cons,, if you want help-- they have a member question and answer-- its been 18 months, i keep paying the $39.99/month- my question-- why cant i sell watches, when your reply was to upgrade to be able to sell them, still never answered.. UNLESS i am just THICK???
Old 01-23-2008

I have the same problem. I emailed them few times and even called them twice regarding my application to be allowed to sell in a category but they never even responded to my email except once they asked if I manufacture my stuff, or where I get it and some pictures of, which I sent, still no response in more than 2 weeks..then I just listed my stuff in everything else category..which could get me kicked out but dont know yet..just sold my first item in a week..I dont think its worth dealing with them but for now I will give it a try..
Old 01-23-2008

Longevity: 94%

I've been on amazon for about a month now. I use the free account. NO LISTING FEES. THat's the best part. I can only sell items that are already in the system, but it hasn't been a problem yet. Listing is fast. Type in the UPC, ISBN, or just do a text search. If the item is in the system, you just set your price and the description and picture are already there. They take the payment, give you shipping credit, you ship, and the money is in the bank in about three days.
Old 01-25-2008

the stuff I sell requires approval, its the apparel cathegory and they yet to answer my approval application. So I had to go with the $39.99/month pro merchant account and list under everything else category. I could have gone with the fre account but in most cases I have to creat my own item page because they are not listed in everything else but in apparel. I fear that what I am doing is against their policies but I dont even know what the heck their policies are. SO far I sold 3 items in a week, which is nothing compared to what I used to don eBay( about 20 a day!)
So I dont know..I will hang around there a little and see what they do...
any advice?
Old 01-25-2008

FYI-- I am selling VEROS in Amazon, (Theyre Authentic, but ebay doesnt care)-- For 3 months now.. not 1 peep yet... (I keep waiting for the dreaded email).. so far so good. +++ My Amazon acct is almost 3 yrs old, so maybe im ok?
Old 01-25-2008

Longevity: 96%

I've been selling rare and out of print DVDs that I can occassionally get cheao locally and make anywhere from $10 on up on. So far Amazon has been good for this and extremely easy to use. When it comes to shipping I go over to my legit PP account and create a label with tracking (costs $2) and enter the order number into the appropriate field. So far no problems, money goes right into my bank account twice a month and no upfront fees. I have only tried books, DVDs and CDs though in that this is Amazon's bread and butter. Would never think of going to Amazon to buy a shirt or pair of shoes.
Old 01-25-2008

Quick question for you, dogfacedboy, how do you create a shipping label through paypal, without having a paypal invoice for that sale. Do you just "ship another" to an older customer, with the new customer's info?
Old 01-25-2008

You can go into multi-order or multi-ship (forget exactly how it is worded)and you can either import (but not for Amazon) or create which is what I do. It has a blank for order number where I enter the Amazon number and then just fill everything else out. You can do a bunch of orders and then print them all. For as much of a hassle as Paypal is to us this is a nice feature. DC is only like $0.18 if you ship this way. It can be a problem with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info though because you can not change the name it is coming from, but you can select any address that you have on file. If you put down a bogus address and it can't be delivered, could cause problems, but hasn't with me ...YET:D
Old 01-25-2008

Ahh, thank you DFB. That was great. I've used that quite a bit, but never knew you could create the labels from scratch. This will work great since I still have at least one very legit PP account, so no issue on the return label. I've always had a hassle trying to find a way to do shipping labels from first class outside of PP and ebay, since USPS.com won't let you do them. Thanks again.
Old 01-25-2008

It's REAL NICE to see the "Networking" going on here in the Forum.. I dont know about you guys.. but NOT 1 day goes by, That I dont learn something! From one of you guys..
Old 01-26-2008

I love PP shipping. I started using it here after a backup PP got limited and one of the items needed to re-open was proof of delivery, which is automatic with PP. I always ship a DVD in a bubble envelope. Well it might not meet the minimum thickness for DC, but all you have to do is check "thick envelope" and it will automatically allow you to use DC. If all of PP were as easy to use and friendly as the shipping section Aspkin could take down the PP portion of their site. Unfortunately there aren't so...here we are.
Old 01-26-2008

Longevity: 98%
Default DFboy..

Thanks on the Paypal info ..going to the multi ship section is a answer to my question too .works with otside paypal ships.

Cannot beat the Delivery Confirms and ease of PAYPAl.
Most have real info on paypal.

EB
Old 05-14-2008

Longevity: 93%

Hi all, I have been searcing on Amazon info and this seems to be the thread with the most actual amazon users. I have a question do you have to provide any sort of tax id info to sell on amazon, like an fein number or anything, or is it like ebay in the regards that it is up to you to report any money made on your taxes? I'm always coming across older/interesting/hard to find books at auctions that I attend and I have bought a few but never had much luck selling them on ebay. Now I am thinking amazon might be a good market for them. Any info would be great. Thanks!
Old 05-16-2008

Longevity: 92%

Yeah i have been trying to use amazon,, much much slower then ebay thou. i only get 1-2 sales a week compared to 15-30 on ebay...
Old 06-03-2008

I started selling some DVD's and CD's on Amazon last week. I made $1,000+ in the first 2 days. They suspended my account for seller performance. Im trying to appeal. Anyone have any experience getting reinstated on Amazon?
Old 06-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

I don't sell on amazon but I have a payment acct on there. If I do sell I'll have to log in thru a dialup acct so as to not compromise my payment account.
Old 06-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Lizard, were you suspended for over-performance? What happened?
Old 06-04-2008

Well I had just opened the seller account and didn't have any feedback, they weren't really clear about what happened. Im thinking a competitor. Ive emailed them about 6 times and get the exact same response. That they closed my account permanently. Also I can't get my money for 90 days! I guess thats better than Paypal's 180 Days.
Old 06-04-2008

Longevity: 92%

made $1,000 in 2 days?? Well, thatll prolly just about do it..
you made a brand new account with no feedback... list a ****load of expensive items.... sell a thousand dollars worth of items in 2 days and you expect them to just leave your account active?
if i were them id ban your account in a heartbeat expecting some type of fraudulent activity...

think if u were in their shoes..
Old 06-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

didnt ebayhateluv get suspended by amazon and they he/she appealed and they reinstated him/him?
Old 06-04-2008

Well djmuggs before you go off assuming things...

I didn't expect to sell like that at all, I listed 12 items and had the lowest price by 1 cent in each listing, didn't expect to sell them so quick...I figured it would take 1-2 months, but when I woke up the next morning I sold 8 items, went to work came home had sold 3 more so actually sold 11 items in about 15hours...sold the last item the next day...I never expected them to leave it active I was just wondering if people have gotten reinstated...I ended up refunding about 1/2 of it and had them use a merchant account..