eBay suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-06-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default eBay suspension

Yes another victim of eBay here in Australia.

After eight years of perfect 100% positive feedback, I get the buyer from hell. He makes me send his item to a different address than listed on eBay, doesn't pay for weeks and then complains about my Postage Charges, which were not unreasonable. Unfortunately, I retaliated and they send me a suspension notice for user to user abuse.

I have tried to explain to them that I was extremely provoked and assured them that it will not happen again, but they refuse to listen to reason. Indefinite suspension, end of story for a first offence.

The *******s then also send me a note for "Circumvention of Fees" which is a total joke. They then carry on with another notice for feedback abuse. All because I got the buyer from hell.

Remember Myspace, u know that thing on the internet before facebook? I hope we can sit here in five years time and say "remember eBay"? THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD BE STRIVING FOR, A VIABLE ALTERNATIVE. Coz at the moment they are a MONOPOLY and while they are a MONOPOLY they will continue to so as they please.

They have stuffed me up big time and I want to see them sink.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Any chance of me being re-instated? I doubt, it they are just ignoring me now.
Old 04-07-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG

best bet is to pick up the phone what have you got to loose now
Old 04-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. While you can push and see what you can do with a phone call, best to go fresh and make alternative accounts. All the best.
Old 04-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys, I am in Australia and I don't believe they have a phone number in Australia.

Is there an international number I could try?

With regards to the new account, my first issue is that I have a Static IP address and I cannot change it, without contacting my ISP and asking for a new IP address. I ain't doing anything with my old IP, coz they are obviously watching me at the moment to see if I do try and create another account.

Seriously I think I need to wait first, they are not stupid and if I stuff up now they will ban me for life. If all of a sudden I stop logging into my old account (old IP address has no hits on it anymore), they will look for any evidence they can find to link me to a new account, new IP address.

For all I know, they may be reading this?

Let me know what you think.
Old 04-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Stealth is the answer. Yes, there are a few steps that need to be taken, but you can be back on and selling in no time.

I remember the horrible feeling I initially had. I was devastated. But I'm actually GLAD that it happened. Now, in stealth mode, I am spread over several accounts. They can never again shut me down in one hissie-fit. The peace of mind is priceless.

A year from now, you may feel the same way. This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

As to reinstating the account, I just don't see it happening, unfortunately. eBay RARELY reverses such decisions.
Old 04-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Why do they say "idefinite" - that really makes me think that there is hope.

Anyway, I really do not believe that setting up what is really a "⊗⊗⊗⊗ identity" is the right way to go straight away. I would much prefer to wait and see what happens.

I only was suspended 3 days ago and this is the period where their eyes will be watching me closely. In 3 months time, they may re-instate me or not even care that much if I set up another account. Now that this very unfortunate incident has happened, I need to accept it and be patient for a while.

Are you really that CONFIDENT that you have ticked EVERYTHING off so that they can never catch up with you? That would seem to me to be a difficult thing to do, but good luck. I could not rest as easy as you do if I did that! I would be watching myself all the time. I guess I am paranoid.
Old 04-08-2011
Threadstarter  

In respect of my difficulty with changing my IP address, will a proxy IP address work? This will be alloacted by my ISP.

I see no reason why a proxy IP address will not work. Won't eBay see my proxy address, rather than my real IP address?
Old 04-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

1. eB ay has been known to keep track of proxy IP providers/addresses so that's why they MAY block you. If you figure it's worth the risk, it can be done.

2. For this account with indefinite suspension, might as well chat with a live agent. I did this one - account indefinitely suspension...agent said not forever...2 weeks later I was reinstated.
Old 04-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
1. eB ay has been known to keep track of proxy IP providers/addresses so that's why they MAY block you. If you figure it's worth the risk, it can be done.

2. For this account with indefinite suspension, might as well chat with a live agent. I did this one - account indefinitely suspension...agent said not forever...2 weeks later I was reinstated.

Yeah, I know that is what I have been told from a Live Agent, that I need to keep trying and it does NOT mean I am finished. But the issue is, the way they do it, I could be back in business TODAY or may not be back in business for years. Who knows? What can I do to improve my chances? I have no idea.