Paypal limits my account, now what? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-09-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Paypal limits my account, now what?

My paypal account is under limitation.

I have been selling on ebay for a while, however, I also like to buy some electronics from some chinese wholesalers (for personal use).

It wasn't until I made a paypal payment to one of the suppliers that paypal limited my account and now wants my social security number, photo ID, supplier phone number, and detailed invoices of every single purchase made.

They want proof of shipment for every payment, even one that WASN'T a shipment! My friend sent me $50 via paypal as a payment he owed me (listed as "services"), and they want me to provide proof of shipment for that payment! There is NO SHIPMENT!

I don't have a supplier, I sell some of my friends things and things I have lying around the house!

I have several hundred dollars in my paypal account. What the heck do I do?

This is really just ridiculous.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

Sorry to hear that your account got limited. Is this account in your real name? If so then supply them with as much information that you can. Then call them up and explain what the $50 payment was for.
But the biggest problem you will have is the fact that you made a payment to somebody in China from a Paypal account that you use when selling on Ebay. That is a huge red flag to Paypal and they will assume that you are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff. At this point your best bet is to get eBay Stealth and read it a few times and then hit the ground and get some new accounts made.
Old 04-11-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Many threads here tell you to buy from one pp account and sell the items on another eb account.

Buying from China and selling from the same account is a no no.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
ShadyOne (04-11-2011)
Old 04-11-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
I don't have a supplier, I sell some of my friends things and things I have lying around the house!

Quote:
It wasn't until I made a paypal payment to one of the suppliers that paypal limited my account

Quote:
They want proof of shipment for every payment, even one that WASN'T a shipment! My friend sent me $50 via paypal as a payment he owed me (listed as "services"), and they want me to provide proof of shipment for that payment! There is NO SHIPMENT!
Send your friend a 'thank you' note via recorded deilvery now before it is to late, just use his PayPal address and thats it that covered. Give the tracking number to PayPal.

Quote:
It wasn't until I made a paypal payment to one of the suppliers that paypal limited my account and now wants my social security number, photo ID, supplier phone number, and detailed invoices of every single purchase made.
A limit because of a payment you made to a supplier! Does this actually happen? Are you sure you are not selling your stuff that you bought from this supplier through your same account. Anyway perhaps the supplier has become high risk or red flagged by PayPal recently, for selling possible ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchandise.

Quote:
social security number, photo ID, supplier phone number, and detailed invoices of every single purchase made.
Get creative

Quote:
I have several hundred dollars in my paypal account. What the heck do I do?
Start by refunding your 'friend' his $50 before it is to late to refund, that way you do not have to wait 180 days for that money, the rest you will have to wait that long!

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-11-2011 at 05:06 AM.