why I kept limited by 3rd party unauthorized log in??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-24-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Unhappy why I kept limited by 3rd party unauthorized log in???

I have tried my 3 accounts. Every time the same thing happened over and over.
They kept telling me that someone logged into my account without my permission. So, they removed all my listings and put limit on my account.

After they limited me the 1st time, I could verify my birthday, day of birth.... and got my account unlocked.
I waited for 3 days. Then, I tried to list something else. Boo... It was limited again.
Then, they asked me to go to live chart....then, after spent more than 1 hour to verify myself with them. I was told that I have to send them my ID and other documents, in order to unlock.
Since there is almost no hope to unlock the 1st account, I decided to use a 2nd account instead.
The same thing happened again after 3 listings.
So, I went to live chart, same result.

Last week, my 3rd account was locked for the same reason. I didn't list anything so far, to avoid the 2nd limitation.

I don't know why??? Cannot get an answer myself.:( :( :( :(

I changed my IP, cleaned all cookies, use Auctiva to list, and never and ever log into ebay until they limited me. I even changed to use different paypal accounts.

Can anyone help me to explain what was the reason? Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-24-2008

Longevity: 96%

are you sure your pc is clean? i mean maybe there is some kind of trojan horse type of virus sending your details far away...

it also happens when you show no activity to your account.. then all of a sudden change some contact details and start listing like mad.. if this is the case i would recommend start slowly.. in the first month you should not lst more than 40 listings.. averagin 10 items per week second month list 60 3rd month 80 .. 4th mnth go on list 150..

i hope u got my advice
Old 01-24-2008
Banned

Sounds like you are logging in with a foreign proxy? Have you ever used a proxy to login? I used to use proxies and would set it up manual in IE, then change it back, but if you use system restore, it will change it back to the proxy using on that day, but usually it would no longer be working or be very slow.
Old 01-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbid View Post
are you sure your pc is clean? i mean maybe there is some kind of trojan horse type of virus sending your details far away...

it also happens when you show no activity to your account.. then all of a sudden change some contact details and start listing like mad.. if this is the case i would recommend start slowly.. in the first month you should not lst more than 40 listings.. averagin 10 items per week second month list 60 3rd month 80 .. 4th mnth go on list 150..

i hope u got my advice
Thank you! Actually, I only put about 3 listings per week.
But still got limitation.
I probably should search for Trojan.
Old 01-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycore View Post
Sounds like you are logging in with a foreign proxy? Have you ever used a proxy to login? I used to use proxies and would set it up manual in IE, then change it back, but if you use system restore, it will change it back to the proxy using on that day, but usually it would no longer be working or be very slow.

No, I had never used a proxy.
Not sure why they thought my accounts have been logged in from different Ip.
Old 01-24-2008

HI- Yes, sounds like he's using a weird proxy , or weird ip address, that triggers the system..
Example--- If you are located in New York, and you are Broadcasting an ip address from Israel, or something--they are feeling the acct has been compromised...
--- Try a couple things:

A.) Clean up and defrag your system, if you dont have anything you need on the drive, format the drive
B.) Reinstall any drivers you need
C.) GO into Internet Explorer, do an www (dot) IPBurger (dot) com.. See what it says
D.) You can then do a reverse ip trace, to see where that ip is from?? (it will show you a map--if youre in New York, and its far far away)-- this is your problem..
Good Luck