is it ok to create multiple ebay accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-01-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default is it ok to create multiple ebay accounts?

i did browse through the forums but i wasnt able to find a concrete answer.
can i create multiple stealth accounts, with the same stealth info and same linking paypal address?
ebay is limiting me to 10 items so im figuring have 4 accounts try to go for 40 items.
4 brand new stealth accounts but all linked. is that ok or i should i make 4 completely different accounts with new info?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-02-2011
Threadstarter  

i set the account with the same info. all stealth. i created a new 'identity' on ebay.
so all im doing is using 3 accounts to sell, without mixing them up.
Old 02-02-2011

Longevity: 85%

You can't use the same personal info on all 3 accounts. It won't work.
Old 02-02-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,546 Times in 2,199 Posts
Activity: 58%
Longevity: 91%

OP, please get the stealth guide to safe yourself time, energy and confusion.

And to prevent yourself from the wrong info for basic questions such as yours.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
kittylove (05-30-2015), lakeman (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011

Longevity: 84%

I think the op is talking about linking more than 1 ebay acct with same info to 1 paypal which will help getting around the limits, it can still be risky though since if 1 goes down they all go.
Old 02-02-2011
Threadstarter  

yes it is risky if one goes down. that is if i do anythign wrong. so far im keeping it simple.
2stealth accounts and 1 regular account
the regular is set up as a buying account and it listed with my original name address that has linking info. is not an issue as i will never sell from that account,just buy.
the stealth are identical and are used t sell only. no links to the buying account.

same firefox browser, history is never saved, cookies are cleared everytime.
Old 02-20-2011

I have a personal and business account on same info. I read ebay help pages and it said it is ok to do this as when I reached my selling limit on the personal account, a message came up saying I might want to open a business account. They are stealth and have been on for 5 months... no selling limits anymore.

As someone mentioned above, if one goes, they both go.

I use the personal for selling odd bits and the business for more quantity. I keep to £1500 money in a year on the accounts as to keep them quite. Hope I am doing correct. Seems to be working.
Old 02-26-2011

OK - can I just ask for a point of clarification please??

I am currently Below Seller Performance (sic) and as such restricted - if I set up another stealth account, will this put me in hot water? I don't list more than 20 iems at any time, but is down to 7 currently and I rely on the income...
Old 02-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

2 ebay max to pone paypal account.

However best to spread your sales as much as possible so the more pp accounts you have the greater turnover you can have with less disruption of your sales if you do run into problems.
Old 02-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Look, you can (technically) have up to EIGHT email addresses to one paypal. Be a nutter to try it as it gets well complicated.

2 ebay to one paypal is workable.
3 ebay to one paypal is nerve-racking (fun when the monies come in but)

You have what YOU are comfortable AND capable of using
Old 02-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegymrat View Post
You can't use the same personal info on all 3 accounts. It won't work.
You can have all the same info bar the email address
Old 02-26-2011

OK thanks for the info which I have taken on-board. I will just add one additional account to my existing active (but limited) ebay account.

So just so I have it clear:

* I have now added a new email address to my existing ebay-registered PayPal account.

* I have worked out a new Login name/password for the additional ebay account

* I will register from a different IP

BUT - can you use your existing name/address or should you employ a new pseudonym altogeter?

Can I add a mobile phone for the primary telephone contact?

Jeez this is stressful!

Thanks Guys!
Old 02-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

You do not need a new IP.

Everything can be the same only a different email address.

Look, if you cant grasp this, dont do it yet
Old 03-21-2011

I followed all the advice and I have now got an MC999 notification...

"

Dear ...................
We want to help sellers be successful on eBay. In order to encourage behaviours that will result in success, we sometimes limit, restrict, or suspend activity on an account. When we do, the member needs to address and resolve any concerns that resulted in the limit, restriction, or suspension before buying or selling on any other accounts.

When we notice an association between accounts and one of them is limited, restricted, or suspended, we may ask the member to confirm their identity. To determine if 2 accounts are connected, we may look at financial information, contact information, or buying and selling activity.

It looks like your account is associated with another, (xxxx_xxxx). As such, you will not be able to sell on eBay until we are able to confirm your identity. One way to confirm your identity is by becoming PayPal Verified. You can learn more about how to become PayPal Verified here:
Becoming Verified on PayPal

Another way to confirm your identity is to go through Global Bank Verification. You can learn more about Global Bank Verification here: https://arbd.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BankVerify

If we're not able to confirm your identity in this way, we'll need you to submit additional information. You may also need to explain any connections you're aware of between these accounts. This is only necessary if you're sure that the account is not yours, and you can prove it. If you're able to provide us with the details that we need, we may also ask you to add information to your account to make it clear the accounts belong to different people. You can learn more about what we're looking for in terms of documentation, as well as steps on how to submit your proof of identity here:
eBay Requests for proof of identity and ownership of items

If you know that the account is yours, you'll need to resolve all outstanding issues before contacting us. When any prior restrictions or suspensions on that account have been lifted, we'll be able to restore selling to your dizzzy_rascal account. Please note that if your account is new and your selling has been limited, we won't be able to increase your selling allowance until you've established a reputation as a trusted seller."

+++

Is this a normal advisement? Do I just confirm the bank details that are already registered with my paypal account to which I have also linked this new 'stealth(!)' account??

Thanks
Old 03-21-2011

Activity: 1%
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hieroglyph View Post

Jeez this is stressful!

Thanks Guys!
If u say gettin some cash is stressful lol
Old 03-21-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
You do not need a new IP.

Everything can be the same only a different email address.

Look, if you cant grasp this, dont do it yet

This should be the ultimate advice to everyone.

People, please do not do a thing until you completely understand how to do things. You will have wasted your time and any money you have spent.

For me, I am for one ebay account per one paypal period.

No confusion, no links if you do it correctly and a hell of a lot less stress and issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
lialu (04-12-2011)
Old 04-12-2011

I totally agreed w/ Sandy D... We already have enough problem in ebay and do need to create a new one..Here on our forum, we have all the information that we need and even sellers who make easy to open an ebay/paypal account. The best way is one by one..1 ebay/ 1 paypal..
I'm new here and want tank all people for the precious information..I got the stealth guide and it's very good but without the members information ( questions and answers ) probably at this time my accounts were blocked, so I want thank everybody, even the ones that make " apparently " dumb questions but at the end those questions help somebody
Old 04-12-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
The best way is one by one..1 ebay/ 1 paypal...
A lot of people tend to prefer 2 eBay and 1 PayPal , with how listing limits are like these days

Just leave it a bit before opening the second eBay account because eBay are catching on what users are doing to bypass limits. 2 max then!

Anyone got 3 accounts to one PayPal?
Old 04-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Risky now. Game is changing by the week. ebay.co.UK is being most unpleasant with multiple accounts.

Also this adding a 2nd account after creation of the 1st appears to be triggering flags.

(Methinks we've spoken too much about it)
Old 04-13-2011

I do take exception to the comments made to my earlier post in this thread. I am not an idiot or trying to do anything untoward - I read a lot of what has been posted and follwed all the advice. In a way, I was partly making my coments as to provide up to the minute feedback to help others in case the rules of the game had changed again.

As a follow-up, after adding one alternative 'stealth account' (new email/login name same paypal/address) I was asked to verify an already verified bank account (and which you have no way of doing with their system!!) So, I just let the items I originally listed finish their listing time. I wasn't bale to edit them or add any further at this time. One sold and I was able to complete the transaction and I then found that upon an attempt at relisting, the requirement to verify was no longer blocking me. So go figure...

Sadly, my original account has now been suspended indefinately due to low DSRs, even though in ebay's time period of expecting you to improve, one category did and even after the account was closed, I got 5 + feedbacks and glowing comments! (total 300 positive FBs) I complained and they said if I improve my DSRs and they will reconsider... errmmm - how to sell if not allowed to list!! Complete idiots.... The stealth is still active by the way but limited and after 2 weeks has completed 3 transactions and 2+ feedbacks.

Last edited by Hieroglyph; 04-13-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-27-2011

Longevity: 77%

Hieroglyph - lots of people here do stealth and don't have these issues. Of course people are going to ask you if you have read Stealth Book, and why you want to muddy the waters by linking more than one ebay to one pp. New "rules" with ebay almost every day it seems and not consistent with every new account either! It's best to stick 1:1 and follow Stealth Book exactly. If you don't have the book, get it.