Starting a new paypal account semi-stealth - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Starting a new paypal account semi-stealth

If I am not limited or suspended but close to the 20k why can't I just start a new paypal account and just have a different name on it etc but the same address and bank attached.

There is no reason to cause any link where they would cancel it, dont several people have 2 legit accounts anyway? just wondering what I can do here. I just dont feel I have to go full stealth since I have no suspension mess to deal with.

I have a good next door (condemed house)address that the mail man dont hassle me about. he is cool with just delivering all of the mail to my address instead if something gets returned or I buy something on ebay. I would rather not go through the hassle of getting another adress.

Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 76%

Because they know exactly what you are doing and same address and bank account would slam you instantly. You can't even add the same bank account to multiple Pa yP als.

All new information and don't play games with a solid established account.
Old 04-13-2011

Longevity: 75%

I'm assuming routing numbers don't matter, correct?

Do banks ever use similar numbers for multiple accounts owned by the same person, in a way that paypal can recognize?
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

slam you for what??? you can have multiple accounts on ebay and paypal as long as they dont suspend on one of them right? If both are good standing accounts I dont see the problem.

I cant simply keep my current account open for buying since I will get the items I purchase at my location instead of some oddball address and open an new one for selling?? I dont see what they would slam anything for unless I did something wrong on one of them.
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,910 Times in 8,203 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You can tool around with the address and a new name - sure - but you can NOT use the same bank account - Pa yp al will NOT let you.

All the best.
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So would you suggest get a new Credit card like the walmart ones I use and maybe get another BOA bank checking account like i am using now just a 2nd one.?

and use my current ebay acount? I think that would work dont you? I would like to keep it rather than get another one but I can do that if you absolutely think I should. The reason I would like to keep it is that its a powerseller and top rated with the 20% discount. 750 plus feedback with no negs or neutrals. I sell in a nich tool market with a stupid name that has nothing to do with what I am selling. Atleast if I did a new ebay account I could do a better name. Then maybe keep my current one for just purchases?

So if I did the new accounts on both would I need to mess with all the IP address stuff if I dont plan on really doing anything with the old one but maybe purchasing labels or something. I would think I can keep the IP address the same as long as I dont get restricted on one of them right.
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,910 Times in 8,203 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

What you are trying to do is keep your current ebay account working - a good idea but my philosophy is this:

New credit card and new bank = new eb ay and new pa yp al account for me. That's all I can say.
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I think that is what I would probably do but can I just log off one and on the other without doing all the IP changing, etc.

I can log off the user account on windows and onto another one but do I need to if I just have another ebay and paypal. I would like to have the 2 acounts but I feel you are saying what you are just in case one suspends and it hoses both right?? Just to be safe?

But If both are in good standing I have nothing to worry about IP address wise?
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Having the same IP can cause them to be linked.

This can cause both accounts to come under scruintiny if your seller performance isnt up to par.

However this said they wouldnt suspend you due to IP alone. As long as everything else is different you MIGHT be okay.
Old 04-13-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
dont several people have 2 legit accounts anyway?
Well eBay really say this should only be the case for one 'Private' and one 'Business' account.

Normal eBayers would have no need for two accounts and wouldn't really bother with two!
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Here is what I think I am going to do finally.

Set up another ebay account with the same name and information and name it something better to suite my hobby growing into a company.

Then go to bank of America and simply open a 2nd checking account in my name.

Then make a stealth paypal account to use with the new ebay account.

With all that said, I can still use my current ebay account for purchasing only without my competitors knowing who it is.

All of this would still require me to completely keep up my selling and not get suspended or I will possibly get linked and they will all get shut down together.

how does this sound guys??
Old 04-13-2011

you cant take short cuts n life and def not with this stealth
Old 04-13-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
All of this would still require me to completely keep up my selling and not get suspended or I will possibly get linked and they will all get shut down together.
Their is nothing to link at the moment, you havn't been suspended from eb or pp.

Will they know you own both accounts? Depends on how well you operate.

No point creating a stealth account if you are just going to use the same IP, not a good start!

Quote:
I think that is what I would probably do but can I just log off one and on the other without doing all the IP changing, etc.
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I'm not getting what the worry is about all this.

I have an account that my 18yr old son and I started on paypal with the empty house next door as the address hooked to my legit BOA bank account. I am close to the 20k mark and would like to simply start using that as a buying account for him as well as anything I would like to purchase in the future.

The ebay account is set up for the house next door with my sons name on it as well.

There has been no problems since I have taken all the precautions listed in the book on keeping it separated from old suspended accounts that I have had in the past. Everything is fine and has been on this one. just getting close to the 20k. Thats all.

Now... The paypal account has NO ssn number associated with it so there is NO way for them to report it to the IRS. IF they ask(which I plan on changing this all prior to them doing so) I will simply not do it, I wont let it reach the 20k anyway so it wont matter to them.

I want to open another account via paypal (possibly stealth only by way of name/address Bank/account) Abandon the other one for now but link this new account to ebay in place of the old one. Just to start again with the 20k number. when I get close I will do another one later.

Why cant this be done. OTHER than simply telling me stealth is the only way to go. The book even says if you can stay away from steal then do so.

When I say I am going to do a stealth account I just mean the name,bank and address. Not completely stealth by way of IP address. there is No need for that right now. IF for some reason I get suspended I may go that route but why mess with it now if its not necessary.