Confused whether we should/should not use pa ypal or mrechant account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Confused whether we should/should not use pa ypal or mrechant account

I'm a little confused on the Pa yPal side of being stealth. I've read the Stealth Book, and browsed up here, but I seem to be getting some conflicting information.

I have one eB ay account that is non-stealth, and still alive. I don't trust it will stay alive, so I want to make 5 new stealth accounts.

I'm on a laptop, not a desktop.
I am using a cable modem, and a 5 port router + wireless.

Here's My plan is to create these 5 stealth eb ay accounts.
I will create a Windows user account for these 5 fictitious users. That way I won't need to worry about Windows cookies, and flash cookies.

1) Log into one of my Windows user accounts

2) Next I change my WAN IP address. I confirm this via IPBurger.
2a) The Stealth Book said eBay can see the NIC address on my laptop network board, thus I should only connect with eBay wirelessly. Is this still true?

3) Next, create a new eB ay account.

4) Go to Auctiva, and create a new account there.
5) Create eB ay token via Auctiva.

6) Now, I need to make this eb ay account, a seller account. To do this, REQUIRES that I use Pa ypal, right? It's my understanding that we can create a seller account, by first creating a CC merchant account, but eBay will ask for documentation verifying this, and their acceptance of such doc's is unreliable. True?

7) Regardless of the answer to #6, I plan on prepaying my eb ay feels ALWAYS using a Walgreens prepaid CC, and never a pa pal account.

Question #6 above is my main concern at this point. I'm reading up here that I should stay completely away from pa ypal, but then I read other posts saying eb ay won't accept merchant accounts....thus my confusion. What is Aspkin suggesting? The very first sticky up here says Pa ypal is a dead end, and will result in suspension.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-13-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
2a) The Stealth Book said eBay can see the NIC address on my laptop network board, thus I should only connect with eBay wirelessly. Is this still true?
No. They cannot see your local details such as NIC mac or IP etc

Read stealth again to clear up any misinformation and questions you currently have.

Quote:
6) Now, I need to make this eb ay account, a seller account. To do this, REQUIRES that I use Pa ypal, right? It's my understanding that we can create a seller account, by first creating a CC merchant account, but eBay will ask for documentation verifying this, and their acceptance of such doc's is unreliable. True?
I don't use merchant accounts so I use PayPal, it works fine, just becomes very tiring!!!

If you are going to use a PayPal account then it is better advice to create that before your eBay account. Once your PayPal bank account has been verified then you should use the PayPal account details and register them with a new eBay account.

Quote:
What is Aspkin suggesting? The very first sticky up here says Pa ypal is a dead end, and will result in suspension.
Aspkin never created that thread, even if he does believe that!

The thread purely suggest the problems of linking PayPal with eBay, they share information about the accounts with eacother and if one gets suspended then the other is usually close behind.

This is not true, 99% of stealth users are probably using PayPal right now, it's just a pain in the....

It has it's issues that you have to put up with, many you will read about on this forum.

Do some more reaserch though as a merchant account may suit you more than PayPal and its issues!

Read stealth again! :D and again

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-13-2011 at 05:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
cobber_gc (04-13-2011)
Old 04-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the reply, ShadyOne.

I do prefer to use PayPal.

Ok, I will create my new PayPal accounts, first.
Is the general drill like this? :

1) Register a DBA with the state
2) Create new checking account at local bank
3) Create new PayPal account, and link to bank account.

No way around that step #1, eh?
Old 04-13-2011

Quote:
I do prefer to use PayPal.
Then stick to PayPal, leave the merchant accounts to the pros :D

Quote:
1) Register a DBA with the state
2) Create new checking account at local bank
3) Create new PayPal account, and link to bank account.
Step 1 allows you to change your name and 'legally' trade under it, it think you can also verify yourself and you will be on eBay PP with different details. This gives a lot of benefits for stealth accounts.

You don't have to do this though. In fact I recommend just using a name variation/nickname until you have got used to stealth a bit more.

All other steps are correct yes!

Once you have had some experience with stealth accounts using name variations/nicknames you could then take the step to a DBA. Decision is yours!

Browse around the forums for which banks are working with bank withdrawals and name variations though before opening your checking account.

You also need a telephone number for registering with PayPal. Not one used with a limited PayPal account though!

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-13-2011 at 06:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
cobber_gc (04-13-2011)
Old 04-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Again, thanks ShadyOne....

Ok, let's see if I understand you....

Rather than messing with getting a DBA, which is a hassle, at this point I should just go to a bank, and open a checking or savings account that's a "variation" of my own name. In other words, if my name is John Doe, I should go to a bank, and see if I can open an account to "Johnny D", or "J. Doe". As long as it's different than any of my other PayPay linked accounts, I should be fine. I like it. I think I can do this. I'll browse up here to read more threads on that topic.

As for the phone number thingy, I saw a thread up here where someone said there's an online site that allows us to create (for purchase) new phone numbers, and forward them (masked) to our current cell phones. I looked into it, and it was something like $9.95 for the first number and $2.95 for each additional. That's the route I plan on going, phone number wise.
Old 04-13-2011
Threadstarter  

And, I must link my Pay pal account to a bank account, right? I can't link it just to a CC, right?
Old 04-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Wait a second, ShadyOne....

I'm reading that all Pay pal sees, is the bank account number...not the name on the account.

If that's the case, why do I need to look for name variations? I can go to my Chase bank, and simply open as many seperate checking accounts that I want, all to the same name. My local branch has no problem doing this for me.

What am I missing?
Old 04-14-2011

Quote:
Rather than messing with getting a DBA, which is a hassle, at this point I should just go to a bank, and open a checking or savings account that's a "variation" of my own name.

No. EVERY bank account that you open MUST be with your real information. Rule one. :D

Quote:
In other words, if my name is John Doe, I should go to a bank, and see if I can open an account to "Johnny D", or "J. Doe".
This name variation does not apply when you are opening a bank account. This is for your eBay and PayPal accounts only.

This will not work unless you requested the bank to have your name like this on the accounts and they approve.

A good tip is, if you have a middle name i.e. 'John Paul Doe' and you have never used the middle name with ebay or paypal. Then you can easily open a bank account as 'Paul Doe' or better 'John Paul', little changes like this can help you with stealth.

So your first step of stealth is to open bank account(s) in your real name. The point is that it cannot be an account that you have already used with PayPal. It will not work. So you have to open new bank accounts for a new PayPal account :D

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-14-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-17-2011

In reference to:
"So your first step of stealth is to open bank account(s) in your real name. The point is that it cannot be an account that you have already used with PayPal. It will not work. So you have to open new bank accounts for a new PayPal account"

I have a bank account that has never been used for Ebay or PayPal which has been in existence for 6 years.
My question:
Is it worth the trouble of going to the bank, getting approval of the nick name variation, changing the address, & phone number to have an account has been established for 6 years or should I just open a new account?
Old 04-17-2011

Quote:
I have a bank account that has never been used for Ebay or PayPal which has been in existence for 6 years.
My question:
Is it worth the trouble of going to the bank, getting approval of the nick name variation, changing the address, & phone number to have an account has been established for 6 years or should I just open a new account?
You should either buy the stealth guide or read the thread again

You must use your real information with the bank and stealth informations with Pay Pal.

Hope this helps!