Looking for clarification on importance of bank account names - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Looking for clarification on importance of bank account names

I'm reading in the Stealth Book, as well as up here that when you link your stealth ppal account, to a bank account, that ppal doesn't see the name on the bank account.

If that's the case, they why are people working so hard to create bank accounts with some soft of name variation of their real name?

I use Chase bank. I can go to my local branch, and open 3 checking accounts tomorrow, all in my name. I just tell them I a seperate checking account for each of the new homes I'm remodeling, and deposit $100 in each to get 'em going.

Then, can't I simply create 3 stealth ppal accounts, and link them to the 3 bank accounts? Ppal won't see that all three checking accounts are me, correct?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCove View Post
I'm reading in the Stealth Book, as well as up here that when you link your stealth ppal account, to a bank account, that ppal doesn't see the name on the bank account.

If that's the case, they why are people working so hard to create bank accounts with some soft of name variation of their real name?

I use Chase bank. I can go to my local branch, and open 3 checking accounts tomorrow, all in my name. I just tell them I a seperate checking account for each of the new homes I'm remodeling, and deposit $100 in each to get 'em going.

Then, can't I simply create 3 stealth ppal accounts, and link them to the 3 bank accounts? Ppal won't see that all three checking accounts are me, correct?
You are 100% Correct in what you posted,,,Those "Others" who trying to create BANK Accounts using their Name Variations are Most Likely up to NO GOOD,,either selling Counterfeit Merchandise or They Outright Steal Peoples Money and they do Not want ANY Possible link back to them,,,IGNORE those Fools,,they will be going on a LONG Vacation to Club Fed before they Know it,,
Alps_a somewhatlegend (04-14-2011), TurtleCove (04-14-2011)
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Slapped is right. You MUST use your real name with the bank. Chase is known not to care if there is a deposit coming in under a different name. But some banks do.

Some users think it is better to use a variation of their name with PAYPAL and use their real name with the bank, thinking that it will fool PayPal and still pass with their bank. For example, using Robert Smith (legal name) with their bank and using Bob Smith as their PayPal name. The theory is that if the bank looks at it, they will relaize that Bob is short for Robert and they will accept the deposit as matching.

Far better to use a bank that does not care, IMHO.

Slapped, I believe, was referring to people opening a bank account with a name variation, thinking it will sheild them if law enforcement investigates their shady activities. But it won't work. And that is not a stealth technique.

The Stealth techniques in the guide are fine and will hide you from eBay/PayPal/Amazon, but they will NOT hide you from law enforcement. Stealth is not a license to commit fraud or sell counterfeits.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (04-14-2011), TurtleCove (04-14-2011)
Old 04-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Slapped, and Jeffweico, thank you very much! You guys rock. Thanks.

With all the threads talking about name variations, there must be a lot of that going on.

Well, with you two confirming what I suspected....this makes things quite a bit easier.

Ok, then, to turn my eB ay stealth account, into a selling account, I need to:

1) Get a new phone number.
2) Go to my Chase bank branch, and open a new checking account.
3) Change my IP address.
4) Veryify IP change with IPBurger.
4) Log into pa ypal, and create a new account.
4a) Use an address within 10 miles or so of where i live....is this important?
5) Get prepaid credit card at Walgreens.
6) Now, create new eBay account.
7) Turn eBay account into a seller account, and link to newly created paypal account.
8) Goto step #1 for each stealth account I wish to create.

My plan is to create a new user account on my Windows laptop, and do this each time, from within each user account. That way I don't need to be concerned about browser cookies, and flash cookies.

I will also pre-pay my eb ay fees using my Walgreens prepaid CC, rather than the linked paypal account.

I think I'm on track. Did I miss anything ?
Old 04-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCove View Post

1) Get a new phone number.
2) Go to my Chase bank branch, and open a new checking account.
3) Change my IP address.
4) Veryify IP change with IPBurger.
4) Log into pa ypal, and create a new account.
4a) Use an address within 10 miles or so of where i live....is this important?
5) Get prepaid credit card at Walgreens.
6) Now, create new eBay account.
7) Turn eBay account into a seller account, and link to newly created paypal account.
8) Goto step #1 for each stealth account I wish to create,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

100% Perfect,,,

On the 10 Mile Address concern,,,,,YES, HELL YES it is VERY Important,,,the reason is that when Ebay or whoever see the IP Address that you are logging on they can see MANY Other things like, Where you are Located, Who is your ISP and Much more. So it is Very Important to have your Registered address in the General area that your IP Address Indicates you are located in.

It would not look very good if your IP Address is comming from New York, and your Accounts address is in Kansas, Check out this Link to get a Better Idea:

What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...

So if you cre
Old 04-14-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
100% Perfect,,,

On the 10 Mile Address concern,,,,,YES, HELL YES it is VERY Important,,,the reason is that when Ebay or whoever see the IP Address that you are logging on they can see MANY Other things like, Where you are Located, Who is your ISP and Much more. So it is Very Important to have your Registered address in the General area that your IP Address Indicates you are located in.
Great information, although I wanted to ask something on this very subject, so now is the perfect time. :D

I have checked numerous 'what is my ip' websites, they all shown the same IP, however the locations were different on them all. Many were even upto 100+ miles apart from eachother.

Anyone know why this is?

Old 04-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

These are taken from databases that may or may not be up to date. I have seen mismatches many times. It is normal.

Let's say you look up the IP address and some sites say Los Angeles California and others say New York City. It would PROBABLY be OK to have the stealth address is either of those places. But not somewhere that it is not listed.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
ShadyOne (05-09-2011)
Old 04-15-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
These are taken from databases that may or may not be up to date. I have seen mismatches many times. It is normal.

Let's say you look up the IP address and some sites say Los Angeles California and others say New York City. It would PROBABLY be OK to have the stealth address is either of those places. But not somewhere that it is not listed.
Ahh I see, that does make a lot of sense

All the locations I had from these site were no more than 100 miles away from me, so all is good :D

Thanks for the answer