Individual or business account for stealth? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-15-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Individual or business account for stealth?

Hi All, I was just wondering which is best for a stealth a individual or business account? I am just one guy selling stuff out of my garage and bits I can pick up off friends and family so I ain't a buisiness but just wondered. Also what are the differences when setting up the two accounts? Forgive me for asking so many questions but I want to get it right before I dive in.....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-15-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
Hi All, I was just wondering which is best for a stealth a individual or business account? I am just one guy selling stuff out of my garage and bits I can pick up off friends and family so I ain't a buisiness but just wondered. Also what are the differences when setting up the two accounts? Forgive me for asking so many questions but I want to get it right before I dive in.....
My first suspension on e Bay was from going from 'private' to 'business', e Bay asked for their beloved documents after I listed my first few items. I never had what they wanted and was killed

Make sure you have all your documents ready is a must.

Forgetting stealth for a minute, I recommend you research the Business Centre on e BayUK before you open up a business account for the first time, get some valuable info on how the business accounts work

I would recommend either opening other stealth private accounts and waiting until you actually have an account that has a high volume of sales. Buying items from friends and family is unlikely to produce a high volume of sales.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-15-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Cheers Shadyone. I will probably go for a few private accounts. The only way I can change my ip is to change the router as my ISP takes weeks to change the ip if I unplug the router if I leave it plugged in the never seem to change it. So I have bought three routers. Also would you recommend a full format and reinstall of windows vista or just create a few new user accounts (laptop administrator account has had a killed ebay account on it previously).
And finally why do people spell eBay and PayPal e bay p aypal....
Old 04-15-2011

Quote:
Cheers Shadyone. I will probably go for a few private accounts. The only way I can change my ip is to change the router as my ISP takes weeks to change the ip if I unplug the router if I leave it plugged in the never seem to change it. So I have bought three routers. Also would you recommend a full format and reinstall of windows vista or just create a few new user accounts (laptop administrator account has had a killed ebay account on it previously).
Format if you want to be 100% sure that you will get rid of old cookies and flash objects etc

Otherwise, can you open a new admin account and close your current one - Never tried so I don't know

Quote:
And finally why do people spell eBay and PayPal e bay p aypal....

Old 04-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Ah I see
Old 04-15-2011

Quote:
Ah I see

Quote:
The only way I can change my ip is to change the router as my ISP takes weeks to change the ip if I unplug the router if I leave it plugged in the never seem to change it
Is this your ISP or is someone else paying for it?

If it is yours then you should look into changing it for an ISP with a dynamic IP that changes everytime you reset the router.

Or look into getting a mobile broadband dongle if this ISP is not yours. Have your own broadband connection

£15-20+ a month depending on how much data allowance you require.

The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
Coldcotes (04-15-2011)
Old 04-15-2011

On ebay help pages, it says you can have a business account and a private account on the same account so sometimes I do that and list my personal stuff inn personal account and business stuff on business account.

If you are gonna have more than 1 or 2 eb/pp accounts then its good to make new user accounts on your computer - that way you do not need to format and its nice and easy to move around between accounts with no worries of cookie monsters etc.

If you go down mobile broadband dongle option (or if you got smartfone, you can put sim in there and use that as dongle).... you dont need to shell out 15-20 a month..... you can buy cheap credit from amazing or eb and topup, then convert to mobile broadband - bargain... or even get months of mobile broadband for cheap.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alps_a somewhatlegend For This Useful Post:
Coldcotes (04-15-2011)
Old 04-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi it's my ISP on virgin media UK, I do have a smartphone and also USB dongle but the speeds are too slow for me in my area. I have 3 routers that I acquired and I have tested the plan, if I change the router I get a new IP due to the new mac number and then if I plug the old router back in say in a month that also gets a new IP so I will just keep swapping and changing them when needed and set up some new windows user accounts. And keep track of the IP addresses in the spreadsheet I have started for all the info on each e bay account. I will let you know how I get on for future reference.
Old 04-15-2011

Quote:
Hi it's my ISP on virgin media UK,
I think this is the problem, from what I have heard !

Quote:
I have 3 routers that I acquired and I have tested the plan, if I change the router I get a new IP due to the new mac number and then if I plug the old router back in say in a month that also gets a new IP
That is good enough, so do you get a completely different IP address everytime you change router or does the same IP address get associated with each MAC address. You should test this.

Old 04-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi, Virgin Media is supposed to be Static IP but I unplugged router 1 for a 24hrs and then 48hrs and got the same IP back both times so I swapped it for router 2 and because the mac had changed got a completely new IP, then a month after put router 1 back on and got another completely new IP. I think if you leave it unplugged for a while it must finally release the IP for that mac. so as long as I keep track of which router & IP is for which e bay account I should be ok I hope. I have got 3 routers now so my plan is to set a account up on each with separate windows user accounts and stealth then leave 2 of them to age with just a bit of browsing and maybe sell a odd item and concentrate on the 3rd one for selling slowly, just have to make sure I number the routers and keep track of the IP & account details

Last edited by Coldcotes; 04-15-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-15-2011

Quote:
1 back on and got another completely new IP.
Ok, thats good news, even if it is a long time to wait for a new IP :D

Quote:
just have to make sure I number the routers and keep track of the IP & account details
Don't forget that the routers will have the MAC address printed on their case.

Old 04-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Virgin broadband is the devil in regards stealth ebaying.

Static IP that is very hard to budge
Old 04-15-2011

Activity: 1%

just use SMAC (make sure ur connected directly to modem)